11:55 Flight Will we make it???

HodgeNNicole

In the process of booking our flights and got a great deal on an 11:55AM flight out of MCO on a Saturday coming off the Fantasy. I figure we can get one of the earlier groupings and get off the ship by say 8:30 at the airport by say 10 and 1.5 hours to get through security. Of course anything can go wrong but how is my timing? Is it possible. The thought of a 2pm flight that has a 3 hour layover with a 3 year old is not very exciting.

Secondly does it make more sense to use Disney transportation vs a shuttle of some sort. I thought I read someplace that depending on the airline (flying United) we might be able to leave our bags out on the last night and then see them when we land back home.

Thoughts.?????

In the process of booking our flights and got a great deal on an 11:55AM flight out of MCO on a Saturday coming off the Fantasy. I figure we can get one of the earlier groupings and get off the ship by say 8:30 at the airport by say 10 and 1.5 hours to get through security. Of course anything can go wrong but how is my timing? Is it possible. The thought of a 2pm flight that has a 3 hour layover with a 3 year old is not very exciting.

Secondly does it make more sense to use Disney transportation vs a shuttle of some sort. I thought I read someplace that depending on the airline (flying United) we might be able to leave our bags out on the last night and then see them when we land back home.

Thoughts.?????

DCL recommends flight after 11:30, so you're good.

The Onboard Airline check in is available to those who are a domestic flight on certain airlines, AND have purchased either the airflights through DCL or DCL transfers. Participating airlines are: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines,

Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines

You leave your checked bags outside your room the last night and the next time you see them is at your home airport. Great program.

There are no "groups" getting off DCL ships as there are on some other lines. You are free to enjoy breakfast either in Cabanas at your leisure or at your assigned place (based on your dinner seating) and then disembark at any time you see fit. As to getting to MCO, it is a 45 minute drive. We actually were place on a 9am flight once. No, we didn't plan it; we had a 12:30 booked. But we were at the airport plenty early and the airline moved us up.

DCL recommends that you not book before 11:30. You'll be fine. DCL transfers are nice, especially if you are on a "participating airline" and can do onboard airline check in (no charge for this on DCL). But if another transportation mode suits you best, go for it. You have time.

There are always those "stuff happens" events....commonly it is an accident on the highway. Still, we've always gone with DCL's 11:30 rule and never had a problem. It is always worth looking at the "what if" options, and if your problem is weather related, most private travel insurances will cover the cost of flight changes. If you booked air thru DCL and they can't get you to the airport on time, they have to cover the change costs.