NCL PCC vs travel agent?

metrygal

We used a local travel agency to book our first NCL cruise and I personally had to keep up with price drops, etc and felt like I did most of the work - so for the second NCL cruise I booked directly on the internet. We met someone on the cruise that gave me the name of a Travel Agent he uses long distance that usually beats the NCL rate and gives extra onboard credit. I used her for the third NCL cruise and she did in fact beat the published price and give us extra OBC, but it was rather impersonal. I’ve heard people talk about their NCL Personal Cruise Consultant and I’d like to hear from those of you that use them. Do they have better deals than online?

Do they keep up with price drops, incentives, perk changes, etc?

Do they have any extra perks?

What are your experiences with PCCs vs TAs?

We’ll be Platinum in seven nights (if that really makes a difference)

Thank you all🌞🌞🌞🌞

I have been on 36 Norwegian cruises ALL BOOKED through a travel agency in my hometown. He gets real good deals with the cruise itself, airfares to and from the cruise, whatever hotels I may need along the way and handles my travel insurance. I would NOT go anywhere without his helps. Several times, he has re-booked flights for before I got to the airport and knew I needed to change flights.

A few days before I leave home, he makes sure that I have all the documents that I may need. This time last year he helped me renew my passport.

We used a local travel agency to book our first NCL cruise and I personally had to keep up with price drops, etc and felt like I did most of the work - so for the second NCL cruise I booked directly on the internet. We met someone on the cruise that gave me the name of a Travel Agent he uses long distance that usually beats the NCL rate and gives extra onboard credit. I used her for the third NCL cruise and she did in fact beat the published price and give us extra OBC, but it was rather impersonal. I’ve heard people talk about their NCL Personal Cruise Consultant and I’d like to hear from those of you that use them. Do they have better deals than online?

Do they keep up with price drops, incentives, perk changes, etc?

Do they have any extra perks?

What are your experiences with PCCs vs TAs?

Thank you all🌞🌞🌞🌞

So after this next cruise of 7 nights you will go from GOLD to PLATINUM !

Good deal but really does not make much difference in the reservation booking.

The status is for onboard service and not reservations but then again it does

not hurt to tell who you are dealing with about - there maybe some hidden

incentive offers not advertised that would be available to you.

As regards dealing with NCL on the phone internet through a PCC or a TA

I subscribe to a bit of NCL internet website and my TA.

Phone agents I don't care for unless they have the time of day to talk ship with me.

PCC are perhaps just like NCL phone agents still with loyalty to NCL and not so

much with me the customer.

Enter with fan fare my TA !.

The agency here offers the same OBC and benefits as NCL and has bonus perks of

airline miles/points worth a great deal more than any OBC.

The TA website offers a more rapid way to check on fares cabin availability and a

great deal better graphic display of that availability.

Like most TAs they have a direct line to NCL with no waiting on hold.

Sure the TA charges a small fee (non-refundable) but that fee is peanuts for the

fares I am booking. Cancel the booking the fee moves to the new booking.

I like working and booking through my TA and would not change it to any other way !

I was assigned a PCC when I was looking at my first NCL cruise. He didn't offer anything different than exactly what was on the website and said he couldn't match any of the deals websites or travel agents were offering. I booked with a travel agent because duh less cost.

He also called me way too much after I told him that if he couldn't match what others were offering I had no reason to book with him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I use both, primarily because of the perks that my TA offers. I do all of my own research, and after finding the cruise I want, with the cabin I want, I call NCL (no PCC necessary). I set up the reservation with the perks offered by NCL, and then contact my TA, and transfer the reservation. Without question, I will get a good chunk of OBC from my TA. Because I know what cabin I want ahead of time, I don't look at upgrades.

If you go with a TA, make sure they have a few yrs of experience booking cruises. Ask a lot of questions. Make sure you know their policy toward cancellations, or changes to the reservation.

Hope this helps!!

6 Crusies, a couple dive trips, multiple land vacations (including Hawaii, Central and South America) and never felt the need for a T/A. But to each his/her own.

This discussion is about using a Travel Agent versus using a Personal Cruise Consultant.

Thanks to each of you.... I’ve found a wonderful TA and will proceed from here after doing my research first!!

I have used only my PCC for years and have never had a problem. I love the personal attention I get from him. He always get me the lowest rate even after I book. We drove down to FLL in November because I really don’t like to fly. He not only let us park our car by his place for the week but took us to the cruise terminal in Miami and then came back and picked us up the following Sunday. It was so great meeting him face to face after all the calls back and forth. We all went out for dinner and became friends. For me, this is more important then saving a few dollars or getting extra OBC. BTW, he placed number one in sales for NCL this year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve been cruising for over 20 years. Many years back before I became a NCL Groupie, I once used a TA. Because of booking through a TA (3rd party) I found it a bit tricky to solve an on board issue. I only, and will only now book with a PCC. He is so knowledgeable, professional and helpful. Just this week he immediately helped out with a reservation glitch (no fault of NCL) on an upcoming cruise.

We use a TA that only handles cruises, she always gives us extra OBC, is great about helping us watch price drops and work our way up to improved rooms when possible. Since we have history she now often has some something, wine or a gift in our cabin when we board. We believe in relationships as much as rock bottom price. NCL PCC has no incentive to help you once your booked, but a good TA will keep working FOR you to hopefully get your return business