MSC Preziosa YC 15002

Annbel1511

Hi,

I'm booked in this stateroom for the 22nd December 2018 departure from Fort-de France.

It was the only YC stateroom left at time of booking that could accommodate 4 so I didn't have a choice. I've read that this is a stateroom "to avoid" because of the balcony and the location next to top sail (lots of passage).

If someone has cruised in this stateroom before, any information/pictures would be amazing.

Thanks

We've sailed in a similar cabin on Splendida, though not on deck 15 so I've no experience about footfall to the TSL, though I very much doubt it'd be much of an issue.

I don't have photos, sorry.

If the weather is bad, it could be an issue. It certainly was for us! We sailed in February in the Med and had one really bad night with the wind rattling the balcony doors. It's the only time I've ever felt seasick on a cruise ship and I've sailed many times in very rough seas. It's the absolute worst position on a ship to be in when conditions are poor. Should that be the case, I recommend you head to one of the lounges on the lower decks, midship, to stave off seasickness.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I don't get seasick, either, Annbel.

As you may know (or maybe not?) the YC restaurant is at the back of the Fantasia-class ships - which includes Preziosa. I have an abiding memory of heading to the restaurant for dinner, sitting down to order and then suddenly being unable to face eating and heading back to the cabin. I actually took one of my dad's pills he has for Menier's as we never bring seasickness remedies with us. The only way I discovered that the YC concierge can supply them is, I went to speak to her about something unrelated and, before I even said a word, she snapped at me with "I don't have any left!". Apparently there was a high demand for seasickness pills; she'd run out and was getting grief from YC guests.

Yes first in YC. We've sailed NCL twice. First cruise on the Pearl we were upgraded from a balcony to a 2 bedroom suite. We were very lucky. Second NCL cruise on the Epic we were in a 2 bedroom Haven suite. I'm curious to see how YC compares to The Haven.

YC cabins are really not much bigger than regular balcony cabins, so you're going to experience quite a difference, space wise. (The bathroom is as there's a tub in it.)

I just had a look at the deck plans and have seen that your cabin isn't facing forward - I'd mistakenly thought it did. So you won't be impacted quite so much with wind as we were, as our cabin faced forward into the wind.