Solo on Liberty

CruisingNole

I've never been on Carnival but am eyeing a sailing in March for my first solo cruise. For the most part, the cruise industry (other than NCL with their studio cabins) aren't too friendly when it comes to solo travelers and pricing and require you to pay for double occupancy.

Question - does Carnival ever loosen up on this policy when it comes to last minute bookings and empty cabins are available? I love close to the port so I can be flexible. Thanks.

I have not seen a low or no single supplement Carnival offer in a few years... They have pretty much driven me to NCL, with their included beverage package and solo cabins...

Yeah, I tried to do NCL studio cabin with beverage package for a 4 night trip. It was around $800 taxes/grats included. Went to book the fare the next day and, womp womp, sold out. I'm kicking myself over that one.

Yeah, I tried to do NCL studio cabin with beverage package for a 4 night trip. It was around $800 taxes/grats included. Went to book the fare the next day and, womp womp, sold out. I'm kicking myself over that one.

That’s why I try to do a 24 hr courtesy holds on NCL, when I see a good rate,just Incase something better pops up, I’m at least locked in, then just let it expire if I change my mind.

Good luck

That’s why I try to do a 24 hr courtesy holds on NCL, when I see a good rate,just Incase something better pops up, I’m at least locked in, then just let it expire if I change my mind.

Good luck

No such luck when trying to do that on a sailing less than a month out. You fill out the form and make the request and then it says deposit is past due and within hours your cabin is released. Understandable, but they shouldn't promise to hold it and then not do it.

I've never been on Carnival but am eyeing a sailing in March for my first solo cruise. For the most part, the cruise industry (other than NCL with their studio cabins) aren't too friendly when it comes to solo travelers and pricing and require you to pay for double occupancy.

Question - does Carnival ever loosen up on this policy when it comes to last minute bookings and empty cabins are available? I love close to the port so I can be flexible. Thanks.

Never