Danube water levels 2018 and similar topics - plus tips and info

notamermaid

Viking Ve Passau to Budapest December 12-19 sailed right through.   A couple of disappointments, though:  we were held so long in a lock outside of Budapest that we were too late to see the lighted Parliament buildings, etc.  I guess some cruises sail back past the lighted buildings on the final evening, but ours did not,.  And it was SO COLD during the Cesky Krumlov excursion that I don't think anyone enjoyed it much...about 20 degrees F.  

Although the 2018 river season is coming to an end.... some news, not so good ones... We had pretty heavy rain during the night and flood warnings are out. Some areas do have floodings. Checking the 3 Passau river gauges... they are all going up quickly and two of them at least will reach the first high water level today.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

steamboats

Just a quick update.

Dear MiL did come for Christmas, the season of good will (hope she made a good one). O f course she didn't like her present I gave her "All Inclusive Two Weeks Trip To Scotland", all she had to do was swim up and down Loch Ness once a day.

Finally got rid of her, told her 2019 was the year of the silver bullet, wooden stake, garlic and crucifix, she let quicker than she could draw a pint of blood. I was kind to her at the end, I did offer to drive her home with the rest of the herd.

I see someone has started a thread about "Vow Renewal", I will be contributing "dear MiL never again".

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I've never heard of any low water issues on the stretch of Danube between Budapest and the Black Sea.  We are going to do that on Avalon in late October.   Do any of you know if there are ever problems along that part of the river?

11 minutes ago, Kenster said:

I've never heard of any low water issues on the stretch of Danube between Budapest and the Black Sea.  We are going to do that on Avalon in late October.   Do any of you know if there are ever problems along that part of the river?

There is a new thread for the Danube 2019.