Johnny Rockets current menu/prices

For the difference in price you could eat in a specialty restaurant every night on Royal and still have lots of money left over.

Disney Cruise Line does tend to cost about 15% more than other lines for a similar itinerary.

However, you get non-alcoholic and non-specialty drinks included with your cruise price where you would

have to pay usually over $20 per person for drink packages that you might use up and have to purchase another.

Also, you get specialty quality food every night on Disney Cruise Line, so you can say that it included in the cost as well.

They do cost more, but I don't think they cost as much more as you make it sound.

However, to each their own. I was just trying to be helpful. Whatever makes you happy is what I encourage you to do.

Disney Cruise Line does tend to cost about 15% more than other lines for a similar itinerary.

However, you get non-alcoholic and non-specialty drinks included with your cruise price where you would

have to pay usually over $20 per person for drink packages that you might use up and have to purchase another.

Also, you get specialty quality food every night on Disney Cruise Line, so you can say that it included in the cost as well.

They do cost more, but I don't think they cost as much more as you make it sound.

However, to each their own. I was just trying to be helpful. Whatever makes you happy is what I encourage you to do.

In my experience DCL is usually about double for my family not 15% more.

• Like 3

In my experience DCL is usually about double for my family not 15% more.

If you compare Disney with a budget line like Carnival, it may very well be closer to double. If you compare Disney with something more like Holland America (which is what my main comparison was), it should be much closer to what I stated.

I was assuming that people would be comparing similar level/quality cruises, not a lower-end against a higher-end.

Also, my last deep price comparisons were back in the 2010-2012 timeframe, so prices may have diverged a bit more since then.

Well, just out of curiosity, I did a quick search for cruises from Disney, Holland, and Carnival for an October 2019 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean out of Florida. A 7-day cruise in an Oceanview room (no obstructed views) for 2 adults. Results were rather interesting. Disney was the most expensive (as expected) at $3,468, followed by Holland at $2,498 and then Carnival at $1,720.

So, Disney was 39% more expensive than Holland and in fact was 100% more expensive than Carnival.

Now, in my defense, when I have cruised Disney the 2 of the 3 times that I handled bookings and prices I got especially good deals. For instance, I got a partially obstructed balcony room for the price of an oceanview room and got a few perks through a travel agent. Those two bookings did average about 15% more than a comparable cruise on a few other mid-tier lines at the time. It is good to be aware that Disney seems to be notably more expensive than they were just 6-8 years ago. I didn't compare prices to Carnival back then.

If you compare Disney with a budget line like Carnival, it may very well be closer to double. If you compare Disney with something more like Holland America (which is what my main comparison was), it should be much closer to what I stated.

I was assuming that people would be comparing similar level/quality cruises, not a lower-end against a higher-end.

Also, my last deep price comparisons were back in the 2010-2012 timeframe, so prices may have diverged a bit more since then.

Well, just out of curiosity, I did a quick search for cruises from Disney, Holland, and Carnival for an October 2019 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean out of Florida. A 7-day cruise in an Oceanview room (no obstructed views) for 2 adults. Results were rather interesting. Disney was the most expensive (as expected) at $3,468, followed by Holland at $2,498 and then Carnival at $1,720.

So, Disney was 39% more expensive than Holland and in fact was 100% more expensive than Carnival.

Now, in my defense, when I have cruised Disney the 2 of the 3 times that I handled bookings and prices I got especially good deals. For instance, I got a partially obstructed balcony room for the price of an oceanview room and got a few perks through a travel agent. Those two bookings did average about 15% more than a comparable cruise on a few other mid-tier lines at the time. It is good to be aware that Disney seems to be notably more expensive than they were just 6-8 years ago. I didn't compare prices to Carnival back then.

Maybe for 2 it’s not double but for a family of 4 the cheapest I could find for a balcony room in November was 6800. Jr suite on oaisis for 4 is 3100.

Looked at next August- have two bw balcony rooms on allure for 4400. Same week for one room on Disney was 7100.

I have never priced carnival so I can compare but for a family its double royal carribean.

• 6 months later...
On 8/15/2018 at 7:41 AM, RobbieSDA said:

I have to agree with the other posters.  My daughter is Disney obsessed (she's an adult now but still Disney obsessed - lol) so I've looked into this a lot in the hopes that something reasonable would turn up for us to do together.  Nada.  Always at least double the price of the other cruise lines I look at (Royal, Carnival, etc.).   Sigh.   Maybe someday.

5 minutes ago, franncos said:

This always baffled me. Why would you pay for Johnny Rockets when most of the food on the menu you can get on board for free. Am I missing something?

Some like freshly made hamburgers any time they like, without waiting for MDR lunch or room service.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 9:30 PM, traveltilidrop said:

I am a vegetarian, so I had a hard time in the MDR the last few times. The quality of food in the MDR on Royal has also dropped in recent years as well. Johnny Rockets presents another choice, along with the buffet which has lots of choices. I am traveling on the Navigator in April/May.

Thanks everyone for all of the great information!

This is us too - we appreciate getting the steamliner on a cruise - it's diner fun, we're on a boat and we can so why not 🙂

34 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I have to agree with the other posters.  My daughter is Disney obsessed (she's an adult now but still Disney obsessed - lol) so I've looked into this a lot in the hopes that something reasonable would turn up for us to do together.  Nada.  Always at least double the price of the other cruise lines I look at (Royal, Carnival, etc.).   Sigh.   Maybe someday.

Yours too lol!?  Mine spent her 26th birthday in Cars Land in Disneyland and is headed to Disney World for her 27th 🙂  Her fiance hasn't been on a cruise and is averse to trying one but they've heard the Disney ships are great for all ages so I expect one day I will try one too but it's cheaper to find another line headed to PC and make a day of Disney!

12 minutes ago, franncos said:

This always baffled me. Why would you pay for Johnny Rockets when most of the food on the menu you can get on board for free. Am I missing something?

Some of us don't eat everything available on the ship and we don't mind paying for a fun meal we can enjoy - for us food options on board are limited but we don't expect otherwise or complain, we know times are changing, it's gotten far easier now than it was in 2008 to be vegan on a cruise ship.  So for us, we like going to Johnny Rockets if we think of it onboard, as we never go on land as we make better options at home but when I'm on a ship and someone else is serving, I'll just enjoy it 🙂

47 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Yours too lol!?  Mine spent her 26th birthday in Cars Land in Disneyland and is headed to Disney World for her 27th 🙂  Her fiance hasn't been on a cruise and is averse to trying one but they've heard the Disney ships are great for all ages so I expect one day I will try one too but it's cheaper to find another line headed to PC and make a day of Disney!

They sound like twins.  The bridal party that my daughter is part of is going to Disneyland in August for the bride's stagette.

Party animals they are. 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

They sound like twins.  The bridal party that my daughter is part of is going to Disneyland in August for the bride's stagette.

Party animals they are. 🙂

Mine is hoping to have her bridal party there too - she's getting married in September!  My only issue is she wants help getting her there and since her younger sister is going I'm sure I'll be expected to help with that too and she doesn't want her brother to feel left out so he's invited too so I'm supposed to fund all my kids going on top of the wedding?!? Sigh 🙂

1 minute ago, jjtt said:

Does Adventure have Johnny Rockets? If so, is breakfast complimentary?  We are going next summer.

Adventure does have Johnny Rockets. They do not serve breakfast. The complimentary breakfast is Oasis class ships only.

45 minutes ago, Gwensel said:

We have the complementary meal at Johnny Rockets that comes with booking a Boardwalk Balcony cabin on the Allure. What does this include ?

All the food and soda you can consume at JR.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2018 at 5:12 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I now see the OP's signature, and I believe that the cruise in question is on the Navigator.

AFAIK, the Navigator is still $7.95 pp, includes all food and soda.

Menu posted above.

No breakfast served, for any price.

I know this is an old post, so this is just an update to say that the Navigator has now moved to a Johnny Rockets Express venue, and it is a cost per item.   (Which I prefer)

Photo Courtesy of EmilyJay

Dan

Johnny.jpeg

• Like 1