Johnny Rockets current menu/prices

21 minutes ago, 2paradise said:

Hi. Does anyone have a picture of a current Freedom of the Seas JR menu?   Or does anyone know how the pricing works on Freedom?

Thanks!

At last report, Freedom had a flat rate of $10 per person for JR, which includes food and soda.  Shakes are extra.

27 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

At last report, Freedom had a flat rate of $10 per person for JR, which includes food and soda.  Shakes are extra.

That is a shame we enjoyed the last time we went there as we do not have one at home. But I will not pay ten dollars a person. I cannot eat that much! Will find a burger included in the price I paid. 

Edited by Reader0108598

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

That is a shame we enjoyed the last time we went there as we do not have one at home. But I will not pay ten dollars a person. I cannot eat that much! Will find a burger included in the price I paid. 

This is exactly the reason I love the new a la carte format on the Navigator, and it's location right by the pools.  I'd rather just have a good burger for $5-$6.  Even a burger with fries can me a bit much for me at lunch.

Also, a couple of us in our party already have the soda package so that's a waste there at Johnny Rockets.

Dan

• Like 1

Just off the 2/24 sailing of the Oasis, our last sea day we decided to go to Johnny Rockets in the afternoon.  The server said it was $11.74 per person, and didn’t even include shakes.  We left without ordering. 

I can can understand a nominal charge but that was too much, we weren’t willing to pay it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Or, you can have a burger at a port.  You might get one that you enjoy a lot more.

Edited by Sanz
  • Like 1

I thought I read in my deluxe drink package purchase that shakes at JR were included in this.  Now I can't seem to find that.  If you purchase the deluxe drink package are the shakes at JR included?  

Edited by leep75

24 minutes ago, leep75 said:

I thought I read in my deluxe drink package purchase that shakes at JR were included in this.  Now I can't seem to find that.  If you purchase the deluxe drink package are the shakes at JR included?  

Unless the rules have changed recently, the Deluxe and Refreshment packges do include shakes at JR, however some ships were limiting the shakes to one per day and/or requiring a food purchase.

20 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Got it. Thanks Bob. And for those interested, yes JR is open on embarkation day from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm. Specifically speaking about Allure. 

15 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

It's burgers, hot dogs, fries and rings...   Unless they start serving baby food and breasmilk, I'm not sure how much more "kid friendly" it can get....

Of what you listed my son would only eat the fries. Actually he might eat the hot dog if it’s the right kind - depending on the day, the weather, what colour undies he has on etc. 

It was just a question.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, M-H-B said:

Of what you listed my son would only eat the fries. Actually he might eat the hot dog if it’s the right kind - depending on the day, the weather, what colour undies he has on etc. 

It was just a question.  

I get it. But honestly, what are you hoping to find on a kids menu as an alternative that makes sense in an upcharge venue?

On 2/20/2018 at 2:27 AM, matj2000 said:

Why go on a ship with a huge variety of international cuisine.

Only to sit around and eat fast food?

Because I live in Germany and only can I Johnny Rockets if I go to the States.  I CAN'T wait.  🙂 

BTW, I will be eating plenty of the "International Cuisine" too. 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, M-H-B said:

It was just a question.  

There is also a chicken breast sandwich option and grilled cheese.

I hope that on alternate Thursdays, he likes one of those!  ;)  :D

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, 2paradise said:

Hi. Does anyone have a picture of a current Freedom of the Seas JR menu?   Or does anyone know how the pricing works on Freedom?

Thanks!

On 3/7/2019 at 10:24 AM, Host Clarea said:

Was on the 1/13/19 Freedom cruise and JR was $11.74 a person. 

On 2/20/2018 at 2:27 AM, matj2000 said:

Why go on a ship with a huge variety of international cuisine.

Only to sit around and eat fast food?

You don't have to go to Johnny Rockets for that, look at all the North Americans at Windjammer, they always go for the burgers and the hot dogs with fries of course 😄

As mentioned by someone else, the food selection in general on RCCL is "internationalized" however Americanized, but still much more diversified than the burger and hot dog selection. On some Ships the food selection in Windjammer is really nice with lot's of variation, however on others not so, although here I blame mostly the crowds, I mean if most of them mainly eat hot dogs and Burgers, why servce a large variety of "internatinalized" food...

RCCL is at the end of the day a US cruiseline which is why the food is Internationalized / Americanized and that's fair enough. Hence, Giovanni's Table or Jammie's Italian obviously have nothing to do with a traditional Italian Restaurant, of which I do have to admit though that one of the best Tiramisu''s I ever had was at Giovanni's.

But seriously people, when you are on holiday, use the chance to try some more "internationalzed" food than burgers and hot dogs 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

You don't have to go to Johnny Rockets for that, look at all the North Americans at Windjammer, they always go for the burgers and the hot dogs with fries of course 😄

As mentioned by someone else, the food selection in general on RCCL is "internationalized" however Americanized, but still much more diversified than the burger and hot dog selection. On some Ships the food selection in Windjammer is really nice with lot's of variation, however on others not so, although here I blame mostly the crowds, I mean if most of them mainly eat hot dogs and Burgers, why servce a large variety of "internatinalized" food...

RCCL is at the end of the day a US cruiseline which is why the food is Internationalized / Americanized and that's fair enough. Hence, Giovanni's Table or Jammie's Italian obviously have nothing to do with a traditional Italian Restaurant, of which I do have to admit though that one of the best Tiramisu''s I ever had was at Giovanni's.

But seriously people, when you are on holiday, use the chance to try some more "internationalzed" food than burgers and hot dogs 😉

Would like to get a burger at JR we do not have one here ..but no way in  hell are we paying that price!!

• 8 months later...