Oceania 2/25 - Air France Flight from LAX to PPT tonight, anyone on it?

ksilver22

Hi all, just got an email that the overnight AF076 2/24 to PPT has been delayed until 2/25 at 2:50 PM. Anyone else on it - we now won't reach the ship until midnight tomorrow night. Joys of traveling!

That is a long delay. Did they give any reason? :(:(:(

That is a long delay. Did they give any reason? :(:(:(

Who cares..this is a blessing in disguise..

.You dont have to hang around the airport or Tahiti for 12 hours, after a LOOOONG series of flights. I have taken the 1450 LAX departure and arrived in PPT around 2230 (1030PM) . Grabbed a cab for $28.00, USD they prefer or Credit card, and was on the ship by 2300. Went to Horizons and had a drink.. This is great, it will save you $150 to $250 which is what it will cost you to hang out till the ship boards ( room taxi meals)

Winter winds routinely give tail winds to shorten the flight... My last LAX to PPT was a 7..25 hour ride not 9 hr.

Who cares..this is a blessing in disguise..

.You dont have to hang around the airport or Tahiti for 12 hours, after a LOOOONG series of flights. I have taken the 1450 LAX departure and arrived in PPT around 2230 (1030PM) . Grabbed a cab for $28.00, USD they prefer or Credit card, and was on the ship by 2300. Went to Horizons and had a drink.. This is great, it will save you $150 to $250 which is what it will cost you to hang out till the ship boards ( room taxi meals)

Winter winds routinely give tail winds to shorten the flight... My last LAX to PPT was a 7..25 hour ride not 9 hr.

Glad this worked out for you. Our last flight was on time but arrived without our luggage. Had to deliver it next day to Morrea. Think you did better. have a great cruise.

Am I missing something here? I don't see that there are any cruises to PPT at this time with OC

You don't say where you are looking, or not looking. If you are looking on O;s website's "cruise finder", it will only display cruises that have not sailed and not those that are too close to sailing to book. Marina is cruising the area.

Edited by YoHoHo

You don't say where you are looking, or not looking. If you are looking on O;s website's "cruise finder", it will only display cruises that have not sailed and not those that are too close to sailing to book. Marina is cruising the area.

Thank you. I was wondering if the case.

Glad this worked out for you. Our last flight was on time but arrived without our luggage. Had to deliver it next day to Morrea. Think you did better. have a great cruise.

Thanks RJB.... I am Tahitied-out been there 6 times... from 1983 to 2017 NO more...... my cruises now are very sparse since I have visited about all the places I ever wanted to go. New focus is Visiting as many Michelin ** and *** restaurants in France . I just discovered a business class consolidator who can get $2100 -2600 rt business from LAX and SAN to France.... ( Thats only 1000 more than coach !!! for a 12 hour flight I need my sky bed. )

Thanks RJB.... I am Tahitied-out been there 6 times... from 1983 to 2017 NO more...... my cruises now are very sparse since I have visited about all the places I ever wanted to go. New focus is Visiting as many Michelin ** and *** restaurants in France . I just discovered a business class consolidator who can get $2100 -2600 rt business from LAX and SAN to France.... ( Thats only 1000 more than coach !!! for a 12 hour flight I need my sky bed. )

Happy eating to you. Great way to go. But i still need a few more trips to Tahiti and if we do it with Oceania on their big ships the eating will be pretty good. Not Michelin** in France, but still great. Best of both worlds to us. Keep us posted. :):):)

Happy eating to you. Great way to go. But i still need a few more trips to Tahiti and if we do it with Oceania on their big ships the eating will be pretty good. Not Michelin** in France, but still great. Best of both worlds to us. Keep us posted. :):):)

You might want to consider Fiji.. and the Yasaways If you like water and snorkeling its head and shoulders better than Tahiti.... My next foray will be to Pur,Paris Trigoiso***,, Roanne, Le Pyramide Vienne, Buchon Comptor Lyon, and Le Astrance.***Paris.. and a * star Bon Labor in Amboise , 9 days. God bless FF miles Im down to my last 800,000... and Marriott too... all i need is a car and meals .. hotels and air covered by points

Enjoy Tahiti, The best tour is around Bora Bora on wave runners, 3 hours.... nothing like it for beauty and fun... There is a wave runner tour in Moorea from the Int cont. hotel that is pretty cool but the Bora wave runner is the best. Have fun and enjoy your time

You might want to consider Fiji.. and the Yasaways If you like water and snorkeling its head and shoulders better than Tahiti.... My next foray will be to Pur,Paris Trigoiso***,, Roanne, Le Pyramide Vienne, Buchon Comptor Lyon, and Le Astrance.***Paris.. and a * star Bon Labor in Amboise , 9 days. God bless FF miles Im down to my last 800,000... and Marriott too... all i need is a car and meals .. hotels and air covered by points

Enjoy Tahiti, The best tour is around Bora Bora on wave runners, 3 hours.... nothing like it for beauty and fun... There is a wave runner tour in Moorea from the Int cont. hotel that is pretty cool but the Bora wave runner is the best. Have fun and enjoy your time

Tahiti is the place to start or end it seems. Been to Moorea for 3 nights before our first cruise at the Inter. C. Over water huts were great. Bora Bora over nite was great and then Fiji. Did most of it and ended in Sydney. Just want to do it again since we had so much fun when we were there before. Maybe start or end in Aukland next time. Again, enjoy Paris. We did a few years ago and need to get back there also. :):):)

Edited by RJB
spelling

We disembarked Marina yesterday morning and flew out of Papeete 2 hours late last night on what was supposed to be the 11:59 pm Air Tahiti Nui flight to LAX.

The 8:30 AM Air France flight left 15 hours late at 11:30 PM; we were told it was due to a pilot's strike.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

According to last Sunday's Travel Section in the NY Times (which I saw the day before) that strike had been settled. Did the pilots go out again?????????

Okay, now that I think about it, maybe not ... the article DID say that certain flights could be delayed. Perhaps they just hadn't gotten up to snuff for this particular itinerary.

Guessing ...

Mura