Compare tours in Hellesylt, Best of Geirangerfjord vs Scenery Of Geirgangerfjord

Coral

BEST OF GEIRANGERFJORD

HE2-100 | Hellesylt, Norway | See Special Notes

09:00AM - 05:00PM

Adult: $229.95

Your tour begins as you board your motorcoach for a scenic drive through the Geirangerfjord District, famed for its spectacular waterfalls. Be sure to keep your camera ready, as there are photo opportunities at every turn.

You'll cross the Hornindal Bridge and witness the shimmering, turquoise waters of the nine-mile Stryn Lake. You'll continue to Grodås where a snack of coffee and cakes awaits. Next on your itinerary is a complimentary three-course, Norwegian country lunch at a local hotel. After a delicious meal, you'll have free time to shop for souvenirs and gifts.

Close to Hjelle, at the start of the old Strynefjell mountain road is Buldrefoss Waterfall. Here you'll see the roaring water as it travels to the valley below. Next, the immense Tystig Glacier comes into sight. Its slopes are home to the summer ski school, "Stryn Summerski."

You'll travel to Mt. Dalsnibba for a spectacular view of Geirangerfjord and the village of Geiranger nestled at the base of the fjord. Your last photo stop is Flydalsjuvet, a popular sightseeing point from which to view the Norwegian fjord landscape.

-------------------------

SCENERY OF GEIRGANGERFJORD

HE2-110 | Hellesylt, Norway | See Special Notes

09:15AM - 05:15PM

WHAT YOU VISIT

Geirangerfjord District

Massive glacier action carved out the present landscape of roaring waterfalls, shimmering lakes and majestic mountains thousands of years ago. Nowhere is this feat of nature more beautifully realized than in the Geirangerfjord District, acclaimed by UNESCO for its 'exceptional…scale and grandeur.'

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY

No scenic tour of the Geirangerfjord area would be complete without photo stops at scenic viewpoints so be sure to have your camera ready to commemorate the moment you see these breathtaking beauties: Stryn Lake with its shimmering, turquoise waters; and Buldrefoss Waterfall, whose roaring waters travel to the valley below; Flydalsjuvet, which offers spectacular views of Geiranger and of Geirangerfjorden with its many cruise ships; and Eagle Bend's, whose amazing scenery includes the Geiranger Fjord and the famous Seven Sisters Waterfall.

LUNCH

Relax with a delicious three-course lunch in the village of Stryn, which sits on the shore of a small bay off of the picturesque Nordfjorden, Norway's sixth longest fjord.

WHAT YOU SEE ALONG THE WAY

You'll continue through the Flydal Valley and up the steep, winding road to the summit of Mt. Dalsnibba. At 4,757-feet above sea level, the summit offers panoramic views of the village of Geiranger, the fjord with its steep cliff and waterfalls, glacial peaks, and the wild Flydal River Valley.

Sit back and relax as you travel through the charming village of Geiranger and up the mountain's steep and scenic road.

• 3 weeks later...

I think both are good choices, I think the ones I did were more like the first one. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Wish I could join you, I know you will love this cruise

I think both are good choices, I think the ones I did were more like the first one. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Wish I could join you, I know you will love this cruise

Thanks - I think the difference is cake and coffee in "the best of". Wish you could join me also. Just booked the North Cape tour through a private company.

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, Coral said:

Thanks - I think the difference is cake and coffee in "the best of". Wish you could join me also. Just booked the North Cape tour through a private company.

Hi Theresa,

I am currently booked on the Best of Geirangerfjord with Princess this coming June but am not sure now about switching to the Scenery one instead. I am not at all fussed about coffee & cake & certainly not excited about the thought of a complimentary lunch (fussy eater) so wonder whether I should switch.

The things on the itinerary that interest me are:

Hornindal Bridge

Stryn Lake

Buldrefoss Waterfall

Testing Glacier

Mt Dalsnibba

Did you get to see those on the Scenery trip as well?  Perhaps you could share your experience.

6 hours ago, Meandmymum said:

Hi Theresa,

I am currently booked on the Best of Geirangerfjord with Princess this coming June but am not sure now about switching to the Scenery one instead. I am not at all fussed about coffee & cake & certainly not excited about the thought of a complimentary lunch (fussy eater) so wonder whether I should switch.

The things on the itinerary that interest me are:

Hornindal Bridge

Stryn Lake

Buldrefoss Waterfall

Testing Glacier

Mt Dalsnibba

Did you get to see those on the Scenery trip as well?  Perhaps you could share your experience.

I went with "the best of" and I never spoke to anyone who took "the scenery" shore excursion. I went back and fourth. I can tell you that when I asked the shore excursion people and they were clueless. They said "the best of" would see all 6 items (or how many numbers there were) and that "the scenery of" would only see 1 item which obviously is not true. No one on the shore excursion staff had done our itinerary before though the week before they had done a 7 night Norway trip. 

Some would categorize me as a "picky eater". I personally don't think I am but Norway has a lot of fish and I don't eat fish. The cake stop wasn't bad but it was very crowded - there were probably 6 plus buses at the location and it lasted too long.

The lunch stop also lasted too long. There was salmon as the default meal and they also offered a vegetarian option which I think was a veggie burger (not sure.) That didn't sound appealing either - one of my table mates said to them "don't you have beef or chicken?" and they said they had "pork" which was fine. Nothing to write home about but I ate it. There was also cream of asparagus soup which really didn't have a taste to it.

I believe we saw all of those items on "the best of". We just spent a lot of time at  eating spots. Though it was a great day. Very gorgeous scenery in this area.

What I was curious of is what those in the afternoon saw who left the ship in Geringerfjord. 

My only disappointment (and this is very spoiled by saying) is that all of my pictures here were taken into the sun. When leaving Geringerfjord, the sun was even shining bright at Seven Sisters Waterfall. So if I had gone this time I was just going to do an afternoon shore excursion because I wanted to see it in a different light (as those who sail in see the same as those who sail out). Make sure you are on deck when you sail out and it is within probably 15 minutes max of sailing out. Actually the first 30 minutes of sailing out are beautiful. After that, it is like "oh, just another waterfall, I have seen tons of them by now".