new brochure europa 2

vistaman

As from today the new brochure for ms Europa 2 for 2019 - 2020 is out and the cruises are on line

Englishvoyager : did you notice the limited availability for singles :D on the Hamburg - Bilbao in september 2019? ( with a call in my hometown )

As from today the new brochure for ms Europa 2 for 2019 - 2020 is out and the cruises are on line

Englishvoyager : did you notice the limited availability for singles :D on the Hamburg - Bilbao in september 2019? ( with a call in my hometown )

vistaman,

Thank you for the info on the new brochure.

I have had a look at the Hamburg- Bilbao cruise, but unfortunately it includes 3 days in Greenwich.

However, the following Bilbao- Lisbon cruise does have availability for singles.

We are again interested in potentially cruising on Europa or Europa 2; we think the absence of English speaking passengers will be relaxing.

Do either of these ships commonly offer dining tables for 2? Do they still allow smoking on the balconies? Thanks in advance for any help.

Smoking is still allowed on suite balconies and in the smoking lounges as well as part of the pool deck and part of the outdoor dining venue.

There are tables for two on both ships but you cannot always get one except in the smaller venue dining rooms. Open dining is in Europa 2, assigned table dining is on MS Europa MDR for dinner, elsewhere all is open but you need reservations for dinner in specialty restaurants

Odds are better for a table for 2 f you show up early on Europa 2, and on Europa if you tell the restaurant manager you are English-speaking and do not speak German,( if that is the case,) and thus want a table for just you and your wife to sit at and talk.

yes - on both ships there are tables for 2

however on the Europa on longer cruises ( + 4 nights ) there is a fixed table seating for dinner( not for breakfast and lunch ) , not on the Europa 2

yes, smoking is allowed on the balconies - i never had problems with that policy

the place to avoid is the bar on the pool deck on both ships where people come to sit and smoke . :evilsmile:

i never smoked and i do avoid smokers as much as possible as well !

vistaman,

Thank you for the info on the new brochure.

I have had a look at the Hamburg- Bilbao cruise, but unfortunately it includes 3 days in Greenwich.

However, the following Bilbao- Lisbon cruise does have availability for singles.

yes of course that is too much when you do live in the UK

i like to sail into Antwerp - very fascinating ! but i do not book cruises with an overnight in my hometown

Bilbao Lisbon : quite inetresting as well !

My experience on the Europa 2 has been that when dining in the Weltmeere ( main restaurant ) there has been an antipathy towards mixing strangers on the same table.

As a single passenger, on more than one occasion I have been sat at a set table for four whereupon the other place settings have been removed.

With regard to smoking, Hapag-Lloyd states:

' MS EUROPA 2

In the interest of all passengers, we kindly ask you also not to smoke in the suites. Smoking is permitted on the veranda. In all areas where smoking is permitted, please use the ashtrays provided.'

Smoking is permitted:

' Port side of the Yacht Club Restaurant terrace

Smoking area of the outdoor area of the Sansibar (interior area of the Sansibar is non-smoking)

Cigars, cigarillos and pipes may only be smoked in the Collins and in the outside area on the starboard side of the Sansibar

All external decks, with the exception of the magrodome area, are smoking zones.'

<sub></sub><sup></sup><strike>

</strike>

Thanks for the info Catlover, Vistaman and English Voyager; depending on the itinerary I can see booking a cruise on Europa 2 though the fact that the dollar has gone to hell may be a factor; I’m already upset at what this willl do to the cost of our land trip to Italy in May.

Thanks for the info Catlover, Vistaman and English Voyager; depending on the itinerary I can see booking a cruise on Europa 2 though the fact that the dollar has gone to hell may be a factor; I’m already upset at what this willl do to the cost of our land trip to Italy in May.

The devaluation of Sterling against the Euro post Brexit has also had a significant impact on Europa 2 prices.

Add in a single supplement, and the per diem rate becomes quite daunting.

i have the impression the fares on the ms Europa 2 did not go up too heavily ( of course to the Euro ) since last year.

as a single it is even more expensive on SB - aside for my beverage bill - but i never drink the complementary wines on SB, SS or Crystal.