Outsmarted class system

Mopsymillar

We will be on our first celebrity cruise in May 18. This will be our fourth cruise and we've another booked for October this year.

Is it just me or is anyone else unsettled by cruisings archaic class system?

It sort of makes you feel unwelcome if you've not reached a certain station in cruising life:(.

We will be on our first celebrity cruise in May 18. This will be our fourth cruise and we've another booked for October this year.

It sort of makes you feel unwelcome if you've not reached a certain station in cruising life:(.

There is an entire thread on this subject on this page with several pages of posts.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2601482

People who worry about class have none.

Not bothered at all and doesn't make us feel unwelcomed. We don't concern ourselves with what someone else is or gets. Cruise more and pay more. Your choice.

If this is going to be your first Celebrity cruise, how do you know you will be made to feel unwelcome? Project much?

Only on Celebrity once, 5 other main stream lines about 8 times in the past 2 years. Never, ever felt like it was a class system. Sure a few places I can’t go, a line or so just for those with tons of cruises under their belts, but never felt looked down upon on anything.

In my book, it’s hard to begrudge someone that has the money and time to have obtained those levels.

Not at all. I find it quite pleasurable to stand at the top and gaze down on the various inferior levels of unwashed masses and miscreants!:cool:

There is no class system unless it is in ones mind of creation on cruise ships.... fortunately, one can sail in any cabin of choice, provided they want to pay for it and avail themselves of the added amenities.

If this presents an issue or you find it archaic, then consideration and investigation into vacations which do not present this, apparently, unpleasant challenge to you is warranted.

The major reason we do not sail in suites is, I Am afraid that my spouse will demand them going forward.... so I rather be bliss about it... until that time.

;)

bon voyage

Is it just me or is anyone else unsettled by cruisings archaic class system?....

From I can tell so far, the short answer to your question is "yes", it is just you.

Do you have any additional questions or musings about your upcoming cruise that might help us alleviate some of your anxieties or misgivings?

To the OP....don't allow anyone to make anyone feel that way!!! Most of us couldn't care less what other cruisers have, nor what category cabin/ suite they can afford. If you drive a Fusion, do you feel anxious when you see a Mercedes? I hope not! And...all your mainstream cruiselines have different categories of cabins as well as loyalty tiers, not just Celebrity.

Heck - we enjoy cavorting with the masses who don't have a gazillion dollars to spend on cruises 15 times a year. Come to think of it, some of the friends we've made on past cruises probably spend more time on sea than on land - but they're just regular people too.

We like everyone - no matter in what "class" they are traveling :)