Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

On 9/18/2019 at 2:16 PM, scottca075 said:

I think it is partly true and it scares me. It seems to me the "new cruiser" would rather be car racing on the Bliss than looking at the beauty of the glaciers, fjords, whales, etc as they glide by. They have to be constantly entertained and by ever new things because they bore quickly.

For me, cruising used to be about the destination and they looked for ways to keep you happy on sea days, now the destination is less important as the ship becomes the destination.

I would be amped to book this cruise

e1dea44dfeaebe5ad0965aa3a7a47f8a.jpg

For many years now there are companies that want to live on sea as the World cruise ship for the wealthy . An Italian company is purchasing old ships and revamping them for folks which to live at sea every day for under $20K a month. It will come to this with Carnival, RC and NCL. The larger the cruise ships are and they need folks on them which will become Sea Living. A great idea for Senior Citizens who do not want to stay in an old folks home costing $10K a month. You now can sail under $10K on a cruise line and you will really move up higher in their rewards program.

Yikes, I thought they might go in the absolute wrong direction. When I saw this earlier today (the itsi bitsy balcony) I changed my booking and snagged the  M6 108 on Marina for my birthday cruise because it still has the large awesome balcony. So if anyone was crying because the S5 suites were sold out for April 2020, there is now just one available on Baja Deck 11. On Princess there aren’t any real Suite perks in our opinion so we’re good in the Club Class although I will miss the awesome bathroom in the suite. Still super excited and can’t wait for the photos and reviews after she sets sail. 🤩

53 minutes ago, Waterluv said:

Yikes, I thought they might go in the absolute wrong direction. When I saw this earlier today (the itsi bitsy balcony) I changed my booking and snagged the  M6 108 on Marina for my birthday cruise because it still has the large awesome balcony. So if anyone was crying because the S5 suites were sold out for April 2020, there is now just one available on Baja Deck 11. On Princess there aren’t any real Suite perks in our opinion so we’re good in the Club Class although I will miss the awesome bathroom in the suite. Still super excited and can’t wait for the photos and reviews after she sets sail. 🤩

That picture was from a mini-suite; I think on deck 14. Here is why the balcony is so small.

royal-class-mini-suite-diagram-1600.jpg

The sitting area consumes a lot of what could be balcony space.

TypIcally only DH or I sit on the balcony reading, napping or having a glass of wine, so the size works just fine for us.  Battle is who gets the far chair, because the one closest to the door refills the glasses.  But that being said, we are sailing with pals on the Sky Nov 2020 and snagged two mid ships with larger balconies so we can be chummy (but not toooo close). 

• Like 1

framer I have S107 booked for next year.  I too am looking forward to seeing pictures from all those who stay in it prior to my cruise. So in everyone's opinion; why do you think Princess is making the balconies smaller on their Royal class ships?  Do you think people want to have more room in their cabin; or do you think people spend less time on balcony so the size is getting smaller?

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

TypIcally only DH or I sit on the balcony reading, napping or having a glass of wine, so the size works just fine for us.  Battle is who gets the far chair, because the one closest to the door refills the glasses.  But that being said, we are sailing with pals on the Sky Nov 2020 and snagged two mid ships with larger balconies so we can be chummy (but not toooo close). 

Did you book one of the angled balconies?  I booked c415- I hope is is bigger than the pic !  Last year on the Ruby we were offered a deluxe balcony from an ocean view for Alaska , yes we took it !  The balcony spoiled me - now I’m a bit afraid !!!

Yes - we have c414, which is the comparable location on the port side - had the same location on the Royal and enjoyed it.  Not the massive “Carib-deck size of the grand class ships but size was nice and pretty much out of the direct winds when underway.  Snagged this cruise early when we saw this cabin was available! 😎. When are you cruising?  We’re  Nov 30th, which still seems a long time away.

1 hour ago, LoriPhil said:

Yes - we have c414, which is the comparable location on the port side - had the same location on the Royal and enjoyed it.  Not the massive “Carib-deck size of the grand class ships but size was nice and pretty much out of the direct winds when underway.  Snagged this cruise early when we saw this cabin was available! 😎. When are you cruising?  We’re  Nov 30th, which still seems a long time away.

We are 1/11, I booked this in August 2018.  You will be able to send me all the sweet pics😊 November will be here in a blink of an eye !

There's another new production show appearing on the Princess website for Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess:

5-skies-640x425.jpg.1ecb3f80e1480a5497fe8056ad67ee14.jpg

Introducing 5-SKIES — one of our most technologically advanced production shows yet. Meet Gamer 1, who dares to take on “5-SKIES,” the greatest virtual reality game of all time. Follow him on his journey through a series of increasingly difficult levels, encountering new characters and challenges along the way. Will he master all 5 skies to unlock each level and ultimately reach the Sky Princess?

5-SKIES was created by director and choreographer Danny Teeson, Music Producer Nelson Kole, scenic designer John Iacovelli and costume designer Jackson Lowell. Debuting this fall on Sky Princess and June 2020 on Enchanted Princess

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dides said:

There's another new production show appearing on the Princess website for Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess:

Meh, production shows are "nice" on cruises to pass some time, but not an incentive for me to cruise. I'll stick with Las Vegas, Broadway and the West End to get my production shows.

18 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

What Cabin did you grab with a larger Balcony ? Going in January  ,have mini Suite but want to try and up grade to a Mini Suite  for the larger deck ? There are some on both sides. 

3 hours ago, dides said:

5-skies-640x425.jpg.1ecb3f80e1480a5497fe8056ad67ee14.jpg

Introducing 5-SKIES — one of our most technologically advanced production shows yet. Meet Gamer 1, who dares to take on “5-SKIES,” the greatest virtual reality game of all time. Follow him on his journey through a series of increasingly difficult levels, encountering new characters and challenges along the way. Will he master all 5 skies to unlock each level and ultimately reach the Sky Princess?

5-SKIES was created by director and choreographer Danny Teeson, Music Producer Nelson Kole, scenic designer John Iacovelli and costume designer Jackson Lowell. Debuting this fall on Sky Princess and June 2020 on Enchanted Princess

Just got an email on it this morning. Can't wait to check it out.  

10 hours ago, dkitty said:

Did you book one of the angled balconies?  I booked c415- I hope is is bigger than the pic !  Last year on the Ruby we were offered a deluxe balcony from an ocean view for Alaska , yes we took it !  The balcony spoiled me - now I’m a bit afraid !!!

We will be in C415 12/28/19 - 1/4/20 and are really looking forward to that cabin. I too will be watching for LoriPhil to post photos of C414 as seeing a real cabin vs. artist rendering will be very nice!!

Interesting read, all these comments!  I'm on the Sky next year for a Grand Adventure, Baltic +Transatlantic.  I was skeptical when I took the Regal, TA plus Baltic, but I loved it.  I've been on the Royal several times for longer cruises.  I like this class of ship, but I'm on the Sapphire soon, booked the Grand for 2021, Dubai to Southampton.

I don't need to "try" ships.  I'm about the itinerary when I cruise now, these details are interesting but nothing is a deal breaker.  

Edited by susancruzs
  • Like 2