Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

22 hours ago, dkitty said:

I would make more sense to put the walking track on the outside !  Bob - I am a runner and I am respectful of the walkers on the running trail - just like the cyclist are respectful of the runners and walkers !

You are one of the nice one's then.  What really irks me, (Non-Royal Class Ships) is that runner's are allowed/tolerated on the promenade deck.  Makes it impossible to take a leisurely walk with people whizzing by you and getting indignant when you don't jump out of their way.....

Bob

21 hours ago, Mom33 said:

That's the point. Walkers are  in the way of those that jog on the promenade. People enjoying the view at the railing are in the way as well. The jogger gets impatient with us and vice versa. 

Running should be banned on the Promenade deck. But knowing Princess, it would never be evenly enforced......

Bob

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Just got off.  Overrated and overpriced.

My travel agent told me the same thing.  He said he is not pushing anyone to sail this ship yet;  way overpriced and not a wow factor.

22 hours ago, dog said:

And what to expect, pack?

My new jeans and sneakers! I have a tradition of wearing logo polo's from previous cruises. This cruise they will be the Grand and the Crown. Traveling light for the Inaugural Getaway (Version 2.0). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video.   Also, if you go into youtube, and go into his channel ( Rubel Fitness & Tour Tv ), there are a few other videos taken from outside.   I would expect that Princess will start to ramp up the marketing shortly!!!

2 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

If there isn't a "Coffee and Cones", you should be able to access the special coffees in the Pastry Shop section of the buffet.

Oh ok!  I have not yet sailed on a Royal Class ship and did not know that there is also specialty coffee in the Pastry Shop.  This is good news!  I can send the hubs for cappuccino AND a croissant 😄

Unlike at the International Café, the Pastry Shop baristas said that only specialty coffees are available but not brewed coffee.  It’s possible to pay for a Caffe Americano...an espresso diluted with hot water.

That was okay for me because the free filtered coffee made from ground coffee in the Royal-class buffets was fine for me & was better than that made from coffee concentrate on their other ships.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi all, I haven't been on the board for a while.  Does anyone know what the adult retreat pool will really look like yet?  The deck plans show the pool with cabins on the sides, so will there be much seating actually around the pool?  And it looks like there will be seating on the deck above, much like by the main pools.  And I'm wondering if they will have the shaded areas like they do on the retreat pool on the Royal/Regal ships?

34 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Hi all, I haven't been on the board for a while.  Does anyone know what the adult retreat pool will really look like yet?  The deck plans show the pool with cabins on the sides, so will there be much seating actually around the pool?  And it looks like there will be seating on the deck above, much like by the main pools.  And I'm wondering if they will have the shaded areas like they do on the retreat pool on the Royal/Regal ships?

Found this rendering online...

image.thumb.jpeg.2a6971cd1fb97a84e37ce9d6c513cb41.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Found this actual photo during construction....

image.jpeg.4e766ed22aaf176bf6fd9392459dd25b.jpeg

• Like 1