Making the cut for Most Travelled Passeger event - recent experience

Waynetor

We got off the Grand last Monday from a 10-night Mexican Riviera out of SFO and there were no jars of nuts at the Captain Circle reception. Just watered down drinks.

Paul

Our experience as well on the Grand last month. They keep this up and we will avoid it as well.

Our experience as well on the Grand last month. They keep this up and we will avoid it as well.

And with that cutback in addition to other reductions in benefits' date=' having passengers avoid them could be their goal to save money & to even remove something due to a lack of passenger participation.

Posts have said that the more expensive less desirable drinks at the nightly Elite/Platinum/Suite cocktail party have resulted in them not attending it. A less desirable Captain’s Cricle Cocktail party has resulted in fewer passengers attending them. The elimination of chocolate covered strawberries for elite level passengers on formal night has resulted in us not ordering their [i']gourmet [/i]appetizers.

All of these apply to me & the net result is a savings for Princess. Although we’re probably in the minority because anything that is free still attracts large crowds of passengers. ;)

And with that cutback in addition to other reductions in benefits, having passengers avoid them could be their goal to save money & to even remove something due to a lack of passenger participation.

Posts have said that the more expensive less desirable drinks at the nightly Elite/Platinum/Suite cocktail party have resulted in them not attending it. A less desirable Captain’s Cricle Cocktail party has resulted in fewer passengers attending them. The elimination of chocolate covered strawberries for elite level passengers on formal night has resulted in us not ordering their gourmet appetizers.

All of these apply to me & the net result is a savings for Princess. Although we’re probably in the minority because anything that is free still attracts large crowds of passengers. ;)

We have been legally allowed to attend the platinum suite lounge before dinner for about three cruises and ever understood why they have the choice of drink specials they do. Last year on the Crown they would have BOGO at 5 pm just before dinner and several nights purchased drinks there and took them to plat/elite lounge.

We have been legally allowed to attend the platinum suite lounge before dinner for about three cruises and ever understood why they have the choice of drink specials they do. Last year on the Crown they would have BOGO at 5 pm just before dinner and several nights purchased drinks there and took them to plat/elite lounge.

The Elite/Platinum/Suite nightly cocktails is not the Most Traveled Passenger event held on each cruise.

The MTP event is for the (usually) 40 passengers with the most nights on Princess cruises. Depending on the itinerary it is a cocktail party or a luncheon.

Thanks for sharing this information. I find it fascinating. While I don't think I'll ever be invited (just trying to reach elite and it's going to take several more cruises), it's fun to read of other's experience. Thanks.

Counting down the days!

Info for those getting their first invite to a MTP lunch: The Captain and the Captain circle rep will always be there. Other senior staff will rotate turns.

Make sure you return your invitation and note any dietary issues on it.

When the doors open you will get your photo taken with the Captain. these are free and are handed out before the lunch ends. If you want you can take the menu home with you.

The wonderful meal will have an appetizer, choice of 2 mains and desert. Red and white wine are served but you can ask for any other drink (free).

The most travelled passengers in the group will be at the Captains table.

Remember you are the Captains guest; this is not the time to bitch about any problems.

I believe it was in 2015, on a seven day Caribbean Princess cruise, we were invited to the lunch. At that time we were barely Elite, about 200 days and 16 cruises. I really think others had turned down the invitation, as we didn't get ours until late afternoon the day before. The lunch was not something you would see in the dining room, and the conversation with the chief engineer was very informative.

And with that cutback in addition to other reductions in benefits, having passengers avoid them could be their goal to save money & to even remove something due to a lack of passenger participation.

Posts have said that the more expensive less desirable drinks at the nightly Elite/Platinum/Suite cocktail party have resulted in them not attending it. A less desirable Captain’s Cricle Cocktail party has resulted in fewer passengers attending them. The elimination of chocolate covered strawberries for elite level passengers on formal night has resulted in us not ordering their gourmet appetizers.

I've talked to 4 other couples in the last few days and they've all indicated that since they've eliminated the ordering of a different drink then what was served it just nor worth the effort to attend.

I still don't know why they don't just give everyone a ticket when you enter & let you choose the drink of choice, similar to what they do for the Medallion cruisers.

I've talked to 4 other couples in the last few days and they've all indicated that since they've eliminated the ordering of a different drink then what was served it just nor worth the effort to attend.

I still don't know why they don't just give everyone a ticket when you enter & let you choose the drink of choice, similar to what they do for the Medallion cruisers.

I believe this is talking about the Captain's Circle Party where all repeat passengers are invited. That is NOT the Most Traveled Passenger function.

Had a great experience on a recent Pacific Princess cruise, which was actually 2 cruises booked as one.. Made the MTP luncheon on the first leg, and lunch was wonderful. Talk about feeling special!!

Got invited to the MTP cocktail party on the 2nd leg, but it ended up being cancelled due to the sudden passing away of the guest lecturer the morning of the day it was scheduled for. I was a little disappointed because I had been to a MTP cocktail party as a guest of a friend a couple of years ago and it was quite the nice event, so was looking forward to it. However, given the circumstances, it was understandable, and I shrugged off my disappointment.

About 4:30pm, my cabin mate and I were hanging out in the cabin waiting for time to go to Elite/Suite/Platinum thingy in the Pacific lounge. There was a knock on the cabin door, and when I answered, there stood a server from room service holding a tray. I thought he had knocked on our door in error, and told him that we hadn't ordered room service. He quickly explained that it was complimentary from the Captain and the CC hostess. The tray held 2 splits of French champagne, on ice, champagne flutes, and a platter of beautiful canapes.

Sandy obviously outdid herself in making up for having to cancel the cocktail party, and I made it a point to tell her so the following day when she was on the same excursion as we were.

Not sure what you’re talking about as there’s no such thing as “eliminating ordering a different drink” at the Most Traveled lunch or cocktail party. You can order whatever and as many drinks as you want at the Most Traveled. With only forty people with the most days cruised invited, why would they give out a ticket?

Not sure what you’re talking about as there’s no such thing as “eliminating ordering a different drink” at the Most Traveled lunch or cocktail party. You can order whatever and as many drinks as you want at the Most Traveled. With only forty people with the most days cruised invited, why would they give out a ticket?

Floridalover is taking about the Captains Circle party. It was in direct response ( with quote) to another poster who was referring to Captains Circle party not the MT gathering.

Edited by Todd320

I think you're confusing the most traveled event with the repeaters party.

$500K, and still confused...

I have never seen any gifts at the most traveled passenger parties.

Nor, even any recognition of high rollers.

Only at the 'anyone who has ever been on princess, p&o, etc." party.

$500K, and still confused...

I have never seen any gifts at the most traveled passenger parties.

Nor, even any recognition of high rollers.

Only at the 'anyone who has ever been on princess, p&o, etc." party.

This really depends on the CC Host. We’ve been recognized at the Most Traveled Guest event when we were on milestone cruises. We’ve sometimes been recognized for being first most traveled, but more often not. If it’s a luncheon, it’s fairly obvious who the top three couples are.

Again, the CC party for Elites and Platinums is a different matter.

It did make the thread more interesting for us peasants who will probably never get invited to the MTP party:)

Take an AK cruise. Tons of newbies onboard. That was our second MTP lunch/cocktail party. The other two times have been on the small ships which I was shocked about because you'd think they'd have a lot more well-traveled passengers on them. Guess we were just lucky but 2 out of 2 cruises on small ships is pretty good odds even with our tiny # of days.

Take an AK cruise. Tons of newbies onboard. That was our second MTP lunch/cocktail party. The other two times have been on the small ships which I was shocked about because you'd think they'd have a lot more well-traveled passengers on them. Guess we were just lucky but 2 out of 2 cruises on small ships is pretty good odds even with our tiny # of days.

That is on our bucket list for next year.:) Should have just made elite by than

Poster was referring to the repeat passenger party where they come around with some pre-determined drinks on a tray. Not referring to the MTP event.

We just recently finished 56 days of bouncing around the Caribbean on 3 different Princessships. For anyone interested in what itmay take to get invited to the Most Travelled Passenger event here is ourrecent experience. We started with 371days at sea with Princess.

De1 - 8 day Crown Princess- just around 3,000 passengers on board. Minimum days to make event around 320. Eventwas a lunch. The captain’s table had 10passengers instead of the usual top 6.

De8 -8 day Crown Princess - Minimum days to make event around 340. Event was a lunch.

De17 - 5 day Crown Princess - Minimum days to make event around 320. Event was a cocktail party. Various treats were brought around on trays –nothing like the stuff served as the Captain Circle party. Just over two-thirds of the passengers onthis voyage were blue cards and my guess the average age dropped by about 15years. Lots of children. They only needed to do a single CaptainCircle party- 127 elite and around 325 platinum. Third most was 531 days, second was low 666and top was 1,041 days

De22 - 14 day Pacific Princess – 681 passengers on board. Minimum days to make event was 387. Our last 5 day had not yet been updated inthe computer list and we had position 39 and 40. Event was a cocktail party with a beautifultable of treats set up in the library. Theybrought around trays of drinks but you could get any drink you wanted. The next voyage for the Pacific Princess wasthe start of the world cruise. Therewere 15 passengers on this trip doing the first segment to LA and 15 more doingthe full 111 days back to Ft. Lauderdale. I would imagine making the top 40 list would take real big numbers onthat voyage. The most traveled passengeron the 14 day itinerary had 1,750 days and he was staying on. By the time he finished the world cruise hewould be at 1,875. I’m not sure if hehas done that all as a single but he was single on our voyage and he onlystarted with Princess in 2003.

Ja7 - 7 day Regal Princess – 3,617 passengers. Minimum days to make event was 361. Event was a lunch.

Ja14 - 7 day Regal Princess - Minimum days to make event was 399. Event was a lunch. Third most was high 1,300’s, second was low1,400’s and top was over 1,500 days.

There were 666 passengers in transit from prior week.

Ja21 - 7 day Regal Princess - Minimum days to make event was 446 (that a big jumpover the last couple weeks, seems once the Christmas Holiday period is over more people do multiple B2B. Event was a lunch. After making 6 straight events, we did notmake the cut that time.

There were 905 platinum and 506 elite. Thirdmost was 1,358, second was 1,370 and top was 1,528 days.

There were 447 passengers in transit from prior week.

Thelast time we did several Caribbean cruises in a row was Jan – March 2015. Then we did 4 times 7 days and 3 times 10 daycruises. We made the invite on 3 of the7 day and were way short on the 10 day voyages. The cutoff back then was over 420 on each of the 10 day sailing. I would suspect that passengers that justwant to spend a couple months bouncing around the Caribbean would prefer the 10day voyages as less time is wasted going back to Ft. Lauderdale hence thehigher number.

We were invited to the MTP lunch while we were still Platinum and from memory it was a NZ cruise but I could be wrong. The circle host told us that there were only a few Elite passengers on board and we were the next highest number of days. It was a lovely lunch. We're now Elite and have around 250 days but have never been invited since.