Anyone ever have a $49 drink?

famof4togo

So we have Cheers for this upcoming cruise and would like to get the most of our money....but are there really any $49 drinks? Or anything close to that? My hubby drinks Scotch but I hear they don't have too many high end Scotch...I love Champagne but same thing I don't see very many high end options and I have yet to come across any drink that comes close to the $49 concept...

So has anyone ever got a $49 drink? If so, what was it? If not, anyone get close? How much was your most expensive drink purchase and what was it?

Thanks in advance.....

No. I, along with my father-in-law, scoured the Dream for the elusive $49 cocktail, and it was nowhere to be found.

You can get Aberfeldy Scotch (12 and 18 year old) at most of the bars, and it is a fairly decent Scotch. It's around $20. They do have a sparkling wine by the glass, that my wife said wasn't great but not bad. It was around $10.

I found this great information last week on maximizing your drink package:

Just got back from theCarnival Splendor for the 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary. Loved the shipand the crew, nothing but nice things to say about the experience.

Thought I would share a few notes on how my wifeand I felt we got the most out of Cheers while on board.

A) The Steakhouse has a nice rose champagne byHeidsieck that is $20 per glass and very nice. We each had 3 glasses withdinner on embarkation day and this alone made that day a big value.

B) Roca Patron Silver: $15 per shot at the poolbar. Incredibly smooth, goes down like water.(Also goes great stirred into aMargarita after 5 minutes ) Don't forget to pace yourself !

C) Order your favorite frozen beverage, wait 5,and ask for an additional shot of your favorite ultra premium liquor on theside to stir in since they frozen drinks can taste pretty weak.

D) Asking for Pellegrino at the beginning of ourMDR meals and request the large bottle of still water with dessert to bringback to the room or off with you in port.

E) Hitting the coffee bar before breakfast aswell as after dessert/before night activities to get some pep.

F) We noticed that once we started tipping $1per drink (in addition to the auto gratuity ofc) we started (1) receivingincreasingly generous pours by the bartenders as the trip progressed and (2)being given priority when bars were busy with MDR waits /busy comedy clubnights, etc.

my tip for the cheers package and drinking wine is this. mywife discovered on our last cruise on the pride that david's steak house has afull service bar. we have eaten many times at the steak house and knew therewas a bar but never thought of going there to order a drink. we were watching amovie on the lido deck and she wanted wine but did not feel like going to thebars on the 2nd and 3rd deck to get some. i suggested going to the bar at thesteak house and see if you can order wine there since they have a betterselection anyway. she did and the bartender was more than happy to serve her.and said he is usually very bored because no one goes to the bar he only makesdrinks for the waitresses to deliver to the tables. he said that he was open anhour after the steak house hours say they close. she went back probably 4 moretimes that night and ordered wine then left with it. i would imagine all thesteak houses have a bar that you can order from even if you are not eating atthe restaurant.

I did the cheers program on the Vista last year and my go to drink was Grey Goose Louis VX and sprite. It around $22 a glass I think? By the bottle it's somewhere in the vicinity of $90-$100. That was some good vodka!!

Oh, with OJ for breakfast. ;p

I did the cheers program on the Vista last year and my go to drink was Grey Goose Louis VX and sprite. It around $22 a glass I think? By the bottle it's somewhere in the vicinity of $90-$100. That was some good vodka!!

That’s what I always order when we have Cheers, with Perrier and lime [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this is what I am thinking, it's not a contest. To put Sprite in Grey Goose Louis VX is sacrilege. It's like putting Don Julio in a margarita, what a waste. You are only ordering it for the $$$ value, not the taste as the Sprite will mask it.

this is what I am thinking, it's not a contest. To put Sprite in Grey Goose Louis VX is sacrilege. It's like putting Don Julio in a margarita, what a waste. You are only ordering it for the $$$ value, not the taste as the Sprite will mask it.
That's great that you have a different opinion. I bought the cheers program and so I could mix whatever alcohol to buy with it. Luckily I can mix Sprite with whatever booze I want. [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

So we have Cheers for this upcoming cruise and would like to get the most of our money....but are there really any $49 drinks? Or anything close to that? My hubby drinks Scotch but I hear they don't have too many high end Scotch...I love Champagne but same thing I don't see very many high end options and I have yet to come across any drink that comes close to the $49 concept...

So has anyone ever got a $49 drink? If so, what was it? If not, anyone get close? How much was your most expensive drink purchase and what was it?

Thanks in advance.....

Order a double "side car" made with Hennessy VSOP (aka "Privilege") cognac, Cointreau and fresh lemon juice. With gratuity you'd easily top $40 on most cruise lines.

The key to getting the most from drink packages is to order good booze (e.g., El Tesoro Reposado or Anejo rather than that rot gut Jose Cuervo for the Tequila in your Margarita).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

A really good, not a great Cognac can easily run more than $50/glass.

Really...do you get a "better buzz" with a $22 drink than a $10 drink? I don't think so!

I suspect those spending $22 or more on a drink do so because they prefer the consumption experience.

Maybe not that easy to generalize.

An old school Margarita is simply Tequila, fresh lime juice and a touch of agave nectar. Differences in Tequila (in fact, in any type of spirit in any classic recipe) will certainly be distinguishable.

Sorry if I am replying and hijacking - but - does anyone have a picture of a drink menu ?

I’m seeing if the $55/day pp is worth it ...

I drink yes, but my wife doesn’t drink that much ... especially if we are with our 4 y/o daughter.

Granted - I typically drink goose martinis or makers manhattans.

At $15-$20 for an “after lunch” drink x2

It’s almost worth it.

Thoughts ?

Sorry if I am replying and hijacking - but - does anyone have a picture of a drink menu ?

I’m seeing if the $55/day pp is worth it ...

I drink yes, but my wife doesn’t drink that much ... especially if we are with our 4 y/o daughter.

Granted - I typically drink goose martinis or makers manhattans.

At $15-$20 for an “after lunch” drink x2

It’s almost worth it.

Thoughts ?

Assuming that you are all in one room, you need to buy 2 packages. So will you drink enough to cover your portion plus some? Seems like it isn't worth it for two drinks in the afternoon. Now if you add in the other stuff like coffees and such, that could be a different story.