Price of laundry service

theduffys

If you do your own in the laundries available on each floor there is no charge...even soap is included. You just need to be sure to be there to move laundry and stay in line if needed. But the washers and driers are great. We were on a 3 week cruise and in the laundry room we developed a "waiting"system...we'd leave our bag with a number on it, we looked at the washers to see when one would be available. We were also all very considerate about showing up to move our laundry to the dryer, take it out, etc.

If you don't do your own I have no idea on prices!:D

Peregrina is always prepared to answer these questions- thank you!

We used the laundry facilities a few times, but I really appreciated the laundry service: I could fill up the bag, fill out the tag, the bag would be taken in the morning, and clean, pressed clothes in the closet that night. It was worth it to me in order not to pack as many clothes.

To each his own. I wouldn't pay $3.50 for someone to wash my pajamas. But for those of you who have the money, have at it!!!😁😁😉😁(I'm cheap, I work full time and work overtime to pay for my cruise). And if I can wash for free I will do it. Enjoy!!!

Thanks Peregrina. Do they offer any flat rates for filling a bag or a rate for the entire cruise? I'm thinking like is done on HAL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're welcome. I don't remember ever having seen any bag sales or flat rates for laundry on any of the three cruises we have done. We pack light and using the laundry service is just part of the plan. Unmentionables and smaller items get done by hand or in the self-serve. Shirts and slacks go to the laundry, just as they do at home.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to try to answer them.

To each his own. I wouldn't pay $3.50 for someone to wash my pajamas. But for those of you who have the money, have at it!!!(I'm cheap, I work full time and work overtime to pay for my cruise). And if I can wash for free I will do it. Enjoy!!!

We wash out small/light things in the sink, then hang them in the shower to dry. Works fine for us.

For those with OBC to spend, laundry is always an option.

vino100, laundry, dry cleaning and pressing included for Penthouse Junior suite and above.

We wash out small/light things in the sink, then hang them in the shower to dry. Works fine for us.

For those with OBC to spend, laundry is always an option.

vino100, laundry, dry cleaning and pressing included for Penthouse Junior suite and above.

Thank you for the info. First time on Viking ocean and I’m trying to learn the ropes.

• 1 year later...
I think I read the new Viking river cruise boats don’t have self-serve laundry facilities on board (Ullur); true?  
True. But they will launder items for a nominal charge. We found that sometimes the charge was less than we were expecting (sometimes they charged for fewer than the actual number of items cleaned), and clothes were returned neatly folded in a nice basket. We just used our OBC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Laundry Room question

Is there Fabric softener or should I bring some fabric softener sheets?

I was surprised at the Laundry charges; cheaper than my local cleaners.

Thanks to all for the great info on this board.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, MSEm said:

Laundry Room question

Is there Fabric softener or should I bring some fabric softener sheets? 

I was surprised at the Laundry charges; cheaper than my local cleaners.

Thanks to all for the great info on this board.

I think they must use a detergent that includes fabric softener.  We've done several loads of laundry on each cruise and have never noticed any static cling and the clothes come out soft and smell nice (but not strong).  I'm sure someone on this forum has figured out exactly what they use, but I've never felt the need to inquire.  We took some Bounce sheets on our first cruise but never used them and never took them again.  Hope this helps. 

22 hours ago, cocopico said:

I'm sure someone on this forum has figured out exactly what they use, but I've never felt the need to inquire.  We took some Bounce sheets on our first cruise but never used them and never took them again.  Hope this helps. 

Last week when we used the laundry room on the Viking Sky, there was a 5 gallon bucket underneath the soap dispensers to the right of the laundry machines. I looked at it for a second and saw that there was a hole cut in the top and a hose that went from the bucket to the soap dispensers. I don't recall the name of the detergent but it wasn't a name that was familiar to me.