Advice for Carnival brides?

My fiancé and I were engaged in HMC on Thanksgiving. We just booked our wedding on the Magic for January 18, 2020. We chose the embarkation option, to encroach less on our guest's vacation. We were hoping to have 50 people cruising with us, but we are currently at about 85 people. I chose the DJ option and the Carnival Platinum package. We believe we'll have about 100 people. I know it's a long ways out, but I'm a planner. I've started our welcome letter and was thinking about making door decorations and swag bags. Is there anything you wish you'd have done differently, or tips you have for other brides? Our entourage is coming mostly from Michigan, so we'll be flying into FLL but a few people will drive.

Are you sure you can have that many people? We got married on the Magic last year and we could only have 50! Also bring your own photographer. Mine was awful and quit half way through the cruise. Like he got off at one of the ports and never came back. Our pictures were terrible. Another photographer took over and gave them to me a deep discount

Are you sure you can have that many people? We got married on the Magic last year and we could only have 50! Also bring your own photographer. Mine was awful and quit half way through the cruise. Like he got off at one of the ports and never came back. Our pictures were terrible. Another photographer took over and gave them to me a deep discount

She can have more than 50 if they are sailing guests but she will have to pay additional reception fees. The limit for non-sailing guests is 50. So sorry about your photographer, how awful for you. Glad to hear the new one gave you discounts. We had a good one, but the prices were crazy!

Yes, we can have that many people but it's expensive.:o Thanks for the photographer tip, we had been debating on that! I am so sorry yours was terrible!! :(

• 5 weeks later...

I am getting married on Grand Turk Nov 21st and reception on the Conquest. We have about 50 people cruising with us and I have started making swag bags. I got an amazing deal on koozies, plastic cups and bags from totallypromotional.com

I got 25 custom printed bags, 100 double sided stadium cups, 50 double sided koozies and koozies for the wedding party for $165

I will add our thank you and welcome brochure, some fun nautical jewelry, snacks and our thank you gift along with the cups and koozies to the bags.

First, congratulations!

My biggest recommendation, and I'm sure since you're a planner like I am you're already on this, but make sure you get printouts of EVERYTHING. Every email, every payment, every selection you make. Cover your butt, just in case.

The only two things that went awry planning-wise for us were that the favors we had set out got cleared pretty early in our reception, so many people didn't get any (we took them to dinner tables and tried to be sure everyone got one), and my maid of honor wasn't prepared to help me bustle my gown before the reception. So, prepare for those accordingly.

We used Carnival's photographer, Froilan. He was AMAZING. I've heard really mixed things, though, and luckily we had friends who also took a ton of photos in case we had any snafus. If you can add extra budget room anywhere, I'd highly recommend budgeting for more photos/video if you can (assuming you don't take your own photographer with you). They're expensive, but when they're good, they're REALLY good.

I am getting married on Grand Turk Nov 21st and reception on the Conquest. We have about 50 people cruising with us and I have started making swag bags. I got an amazing deal on koozies, plastic cups and bags from totallypromotional.com

I got 25 custom printed bags, 100 double sided stadium cups, 50 double sided koozies and koozies for the wedding party for $165

I will add our thank you and welcome brochure, some fun nautical jewelry, snacks and our thank you gift along with the cups and koozies to the bags.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check into them!

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Michigan, planning an embarkation wedding in february 2020! Thank you for creating this thread, i'm excited to see your replies as i am a bit nervous myself... TBest of luck to you and thank you again....... :)

• 3 weeks later...
I am from Michigan, planning an embarkation wedding in february 2020! Thank you for creating this thread, i'm excited to see your replies as i am a bit nervous myself... TBest of luck to you and thank you again....... :)

You are about 20 minutes north of me! I live in Birch Run. Things are moving along. I am very much a planner. I created a rough draft of a welcome letter already and am working on swag bags. The wedding guests are up to 120 from 6 states who are all sailing. I'm not sure the swag bags will be what I'd hope, because we have so many guests. I was hoping for monogrammed beach bags, but I may have to scale that back.