Carnival favorite foods?

Chocolate melting cake. If you prefer, they can bake it just a bit more so that it’s not quite so runny inside if you prefer. It usually comes with vanilla ice cream, but you can ask for strawberry or butter pecan ice cream (both yummy). But my absolute favourite is asking for a small dish of peanut butter (and vanilla ice cream of course).

from MDR: the salmon entree, look forward to it every cruise. Appetizer - the pumpkin soup, but almost all of the soups are fantastic. Most of the salads are good.

lunch - the Tandoor if they have it (Magic, Breeze, and Splendor I think). Fantastic Indian food, wish it was open at dinner.

Its been a while since my last Carnival cruise, so I don't know if they have some of these things:

Brunch- Steak and Eggs, tomato soup

Appetizers- Baked stuffed white mushrooms, Spring rolls, cream of mushroom soup, strawberry bisque

Main- Chateaubriand, Lobster (but they are tiny), prime rib, petite filet and short rib

Desserts- Black Forest gateau, amaretto cake

Buffet- Guys burgers, pizza

Drinks: kiss on the lips, Fun ship special, Miami Vice. There was also this blue drink in the comedy club (not frozen) that was really good. It had something like pineapple juice and/or sweet and sour in it.

Edited to add: I just looked up a menu for the comedy club and found the name of the drink. Punch liner- named after the punch line comedy club (imagine that). I only ever saw it available in the comedy club.

Edited by cruzinlisa
add drink name

Its been a while since my last Carnival cruise, so I don't know if they have some of these things:

Brunch- Steak and Eggs, tomato soup

Appetizers- Baked stuffed white mushrooms, Spring rolls, cream of mushroom soup, strawberry bisque

Main- Chateaubriand, Lobster (but they are tiny), prime rib, petite filet and short rib

Desserts- Black Forest gateau, amaretto cake

Buffet- Guys burgers, pizza

Drinks: kiss on the lips, Fun ship special, Miami Vice. There was also this blue drink in the comedy club (not frozen) that was really good. It had something like pineapple juice and/or sweet and sour in it.

Edited to add: I just looked up a menu for the comedy club and found the name of the drink. Punch liner- named after the punch line comedy club (imagine that). I only ever saw it available in the comedy club.

I bet if you asked for this drink at another bar, they wouldn't tell you 'no'.

I bet if you asked for this drink at another bar, they wouldn't tell you 'no'.

They probably would unless they have been a bartender at the comedy club in the past. From my past experiences on Carnival, the bartender's usually have blinders on and just make whatever drinks they are supposed to make for whatever bar they are assigned to. The only exceptions to this would be senior bartender's who have had experience at various bars on board and they would be able to go "off menu" to satisfy your need.

The best situation for this however is the Alchemy Bar, where the mixologists use fresh ingredients to construct some really nice concoctions, instead of using mixes and sugary premade junk as your drink. There is just more leeway to go off the menu at the Alchemy since the drinks are all 10.95 and the mixologists have jurisdiction as to the ingredients in what you'll be drinking, unlike the bartender's at the other bars who are much more structured with what they serve.

Penne marisco, cheesecake from seaday brunch, chocolate peanut butter pie from lido.

My go to special order dinner is a large ceasar salad with a flat iron steak on top.

They make an apple dessert that is delicious, found on the lido. It's some kind of sliced apples with cinnamon, and a crumble on top. More like a cobbler than cake or pie.

Penne marisco, cheesecake from seaday brunch, chocolate peanut butter pie from lido.

My go to special order dinner is a large ceasar salad with a flat iron steak on top.

They make an apple dessert that is delicious, found on the lido. It's some kind of sliced apples with cinnamon, and a crumble on top. More like a cobbler than cake or pie.

Yes, yes, yes, to this apple dessert!! :D

Spaghetti Carbonara as an appetizer (just ask for it!)...

Escargot in MDR (less fond of the ones in the steakhouse, believe it or not!)

Prime rib WITHOUT the gravy!

Quattro Formaggio pizza from Pizza place- I add pepperoni and mushrooms from the other pizzas, and they don't care... they'll make it however you want.

Crème brulee and Grand Marnier soufflé.

Arnold Palmers- Iced Tea and Lemonade from Lido beverage stations... for a kick, add some vanilla soft serve and mix it up! really good!