Looking for ideas on my 50 bday cruise

scohan

Looking for ideas for my 50th birthday cruise next November. Looking for a good ship and places to go.

For my 50th this past July, we (wife and I and two teens) sailed the med on the Splendour in a Grand Suite. I figured if I was going, I was going all the way.

Looking for ideas for my 50th birthday cruise next November. Looking for a good ship and places to go.

For my 50th this past July, we (wife and I and two teens) sailed the med on the Splendour in a Grand Suite. I figured if I was going, I was going all the way.

I wanted to take a whizbang trip for my 50th in April 2006, but opted to take my kids on spring break trips in March instead. I'll spend the first weekend at Disneyland with my college-age daughters, before we go on the 4-day Monarch of the Seas cruise out of Los Angeles. Then I'll fly to Orlando to meet my high school-age son for a week at Disney World! My husband was invited to join us in FL...but he declined. :(

I would've loved to do a Transatlantic repositioning cruise for my birthday, and actually had one booked (for a brief time!) that sailed 2 days after my 50th. But that will have to wait for another birthday.

Doing a 14 night med cruise on LOS next June/July (the ship stops at Barcelona on my actual bday, 3rd July) which is a kind of 50th birthday present cos hubby gets to go too, but I am also looking for something which sparkles a bit.

Maybe I should be grateful for the sparkle of the water at the back of the ship when we are sitting on our aft balcony sipping a glass of bubbly.

I would hate though to be presented with a birthday cake whilst dining. Gross. We will probably order a couple of bottles of champagne on that particular night for the table and tell them its to celebrate my 50th (that way there are no surprises, well not for me anyway).

The reason we are cruising when my birthday comes is so I do not have to have a party at home. I just dont like that sort of thing. I dont mind going to other people's birthday parties but mine own? No thank you. In fact when we decided to get married a few years ago (my 2nd and hubby's 3rd) we decided to jet off to the Caribbean and say our vows to each other on a beach. It was just before Christmas and we posted cards on our way to the airport telling our family we were getting married in Jamaica.

My first wedding and hubby's previous two were big white sit down affairs so for both of us this time was for us.

I also am very interested in any advice that anyone has here about this - my mom is turning 60 this spring, and wants to take a cruise (Medeterranian), and my sis and I want to pay for an upgrade to a suite (the highest level we can afford, as she always gets the basic balcony room). I would LOVE to hear any advice on itenerary - she has already been to, and loves, Italy - wants to see more of it, but also wants to see Barcelona, and Croatia. We can't afford a Royal Suite and the like, but the best itinerary is just as good, IMHO!

I also am very interested in any advice that anyone has here about this - my mom is turning 60 this spring, and wants to take a cruise (Medeterranian), and my sis and I want to pay for an upgrade to a suite (the highest level we can afford, as she always gets the basic balcony room). I would LOVE to hear any advice on itenerary - she has already been to, and loves, Italy - wants to see more of it, but also wants to see Barcelona, and Croatia. We can't afford a Royal Suite and the like, but the best itinerary is just as good, IMHO!

On my 50th we all went to Alaska. Did the Cruise tour.... Flew to Anchorage then traveled north to Denali to see Mt McKinley, south again to Talkeetna and back to Anchorage then on to Seward to board Lengen of the Seas. It was AWESOME! All through RCCL and Royal Celebrity tours.

Do the land portion first then relax sailing southbound.

WHEN?

WHEN? is the key. When is the Big One?

On my 50th we all went to Alaska. Did the Cruise tour.... Flew to Anchorage then traveled north to Denali to see Mt McKinley, south again to Talkeetna and back to Anchorage then on to Seward to board Lengen of the Seas. It was AWESOME! All through RCCL and Royal Celebrity tours.

Do the land portion first then relax sailing southbound.

WHEN?

WHEN? is the key. When is the Big One?

OP said November!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm taking my hubby on a surprise 50th birthday cruise to the Western Carrib. on The Jewel in February! He's gonna love it!!
Whew! at first it sounded like you were suprising him with a 50th birthday.

Then I realized:D

My DW is taking me on the Grandeur in March, which I have dubbed

"The Cruise to 50"

as I will turn 50 on the last night of it.

But think about it... honey we found out you were born in 1956, not 1960... SUPRISE!! YOU'RE 50!!!!!!!

I know!!!!Why not take the first 50 people that reply to this thread with you! - I'm typing as fast as I can - don't want to be 51st. You pick the ship and where we go. After all it is your birthday!:D

How about, your 50, so go for 50 days? Now that would be cool!

Hope you have a ball regardless of what you do or where you go.!!!:)

Archived