Checking in in line

fizzy1

Upcoming RCL cruise has advance check in and mobile check in at port...take own security picture in advance and room key is left at state room, don't get it b4 getting on ship.

don't know if that is a test or the way they always do it?

Strangely enough, this happened to us last summer on Millie.. we go to check-in and was told that there were two (2) accounts and they needed my CC...

After a few terse words with the check-in person assuring them that I would never create two (2) accounts and she needed to correct this situation then and there, a supervisor came over to apologize and took care of it right away...

One cabin, one account.

Oh, good for you. I never thought of requesting a supervisor. At the pier check-in, the person told me I had to see guest relations to merge to one account (which was wrong, but I didn't know at the time) - when I got onboard and went to guest relations, they told me they can't do it.

My eyes glazed over when she tried to walk me thorough as to how I created the issue and I had to walk her through as to how I did not create the situation... and created only one account. Thus supervisor involvement as I was not going to let a first line individual start my vacation off in an incorrect manner!

I too tried to set up one account, but online check in created 2 Xpress Passes. I still have no idea what I did wrong - I wish I did so it doesn't happen again in the future.

I agree with posters - it's not a big deal at all... BUT in today's technology world, it should be simple to merge/ummerge accounts?

I to have always done online check in with no problem for at least 8 years. Once last year I got 2 passes, always do the same thing but ended with 2. No big deal checked in with the 2 agent didn't know why but didn't hold us up. A couple of days into the cruise I noticed by checking our account in the room, DH had little OBC and I had all the rest, as he does all the ordering for stuff he had charges and I had credit. I went to GR and they said I would have to signoff to give my credit to DH which I did and everything was fine.

Next 2 cruise and I have got only one account, I KNOW it was nothing I did so now when we cruise I check our OBC in the room and don't sweat the small stuff, but I would have been very upset if I lost my OBC which I would have had I not checked.

fizzy, your memory is fuzzy. In this April 2013 post https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38115387&postcount=10 in a thread entitled how early is too early to do online check in, you state "yes, we are not sailing till Aug, did online checkin about a month ago".

Hahahahaha !!! Bloody hell ! Do you know, we have travelled so much i cant remember what we have done !!! Ok, kill the post!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums