Boarding time Barcelona

Defarge

We are considering a cruise out of Barcelona on the Crown Princess and the departure time is 10pm. What time does Princess start the boarding process? my options on flights have us arriving anywhere from 7:15 am to 1:30 pm and not real enthused about lugging luggage around all day.

We are considering a cruise out of Barcelona on the Crown Princess and the departure time is 10pm. What time does Princess start the boarding process? my options on flights have us arriving anywhere from 7:15 am to 1:30 pm and not real enthused about lugging luggage around all day.

Just checked my cruise itinerary for the June 2nd sailing departing at 10PM. States that boarding begins at 1PM. Also, I have read that there are luggage storage places in the city that you could check out. We arrive a week before to spend time exploring Barcelona so haven't looked into that. Hope this helps you decide.

When we arrived on an early morning flight, we had cruise line transfers. Because the terminal was not ready for incoming passengers and waiting at the airport for several hours was less than optimal, we were taken on a tour of the city narrated by a guide. I'd been there before, so this was not necessarily something I'd have chosen, but it was certainly better than sitting around...and given that the charge was the charge for the transfers (no additional for the tour), it was great!

In October we arrived at about 10:45 & it took about 20 minutes to drop off our bags, go through security & to check in.

After check in boarding began but their shoreside personnel didn’t properly handle the priority boarding process. Instead of first boarding all groups of elite level passengers they went by group numbers. Thus both elite & platinum passengers were boarding together by group numbers. When mentioning the problem to one agent we were allowed to immediately board with our elite boarding pass.

Other than that problem, boarding early was quick & efficient. :)

Our cruise out of Barcelona was in September of 2014. If I remember correctly, we got to the port a bit after 10:30 and there was a slight wait before the start of check-in. There was a nice waiting area upstairs for elite and platinum passengers. Everyone upstairs was directed down an escalator and boarded first.

The are four terminals in Barcelona but I can’t remember which one we were at. There may be differences.

Although we had arrived two days earlier and explored the city, we were considering doing a little more exploring after boarding but changed our minds and stayed on board relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

We'll be in Barcelona 2 days prior to embarking. We sail at 7:00 PM so I'm glad to see this question and the answers. It would be wonderful to board, dump the luggage, and then disembark for a while. We don't sail until late 2019 but it never hurts to get information in advance. :) We will actually be doing a 12 day round trip out of Southampton first (Search for the Northern Lights cruise) and then taking the train from London to Paris, spend 2 nights, and then on to Barcelona for 2 nights before boarding for a TA to Florida. We've never done anything like this so I'm looking for as much advance info as I can get. Many thanks to those who have answers here.

Just checked my cruise itinerary for the June 2nd sailing departing at 10PM. States that boarding begins at 1PM. Also, I have read that there are luggage storage places in the city that you could check out. We arrive a week before to spend time exploring Barcelona so haven't looked into that. Hope this helps you decide.

It says this for every cruise at every embarkation port and does this to discourage everyone from showing up earlier.

As others have posted, check-in usually has started by 11 AM and boarding will start at noon if not earlier.