Travel between Buenos Aires & Iguazu Falls

mfabz

We are on the Celebrity Eclipse in January 2019 and will have an overnight in Buenos Aires arriving on a Saturday and departing the ship on Sunday. On disembarkation day we plan to travel from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls and will have private transport from pier to airport.

Please share your experiences:

To Iguaza Falls:

(1) what time were you able to debark the ship? -- can you arrange for special departure time?

(2) time it took to go from ship to port exit and thru immigration? what time do they start processing passengers?

(3) time of flight we can safely take -- 9:30 am too early?

(4) dependability of airline you used -- on time? changes in flight time? any delays? weather problems?

On return to Buenos Aires we will go directly to EZE and board evening flights back to the US and will have private transport between airports:

(5) what is the travel time from AEP to EZE at 4:00 pm on a Tuesday?

(6) dependability of airline you used -- on time? changes in flight time? any delays?

(7) how long in advance of flight do we need to arrive? security time?

Your thoughts & experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Donna

We used Aerolineas both ways. It is very good. No issues whatsoever. We actually booked our Aerolineas flights by calling their BA call center. The flights were about thirty percent less expensive by doing this..

AEP was very crowded. We were 90 minutes early. It was loads of time. But...we only do carry on and we get our boarding pass on line. So, as I recall, we simply went through security. We only had carry on.

We booked our own hotel in town. There is a good direct bus service directly to the park. We did not find a need for the services of a tour guide.

Hi

My wife and I just finished a Princess cruise fro Lima to BA and then continued to Iguazu for a 2 night/3day tour. We then flew to Rio for 2 days. I assume you may want to do this on your own, but if you are looking for a company to help you with the logistics I can recommend discoveruruguay.com. Diego Kraidelman was excellent. Yes, we paid a little more for his expertise and services, but he was exceptional. Imho check him out and make your decision.

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Celebrity Eclipse in January 2019 and will have an overnight in Buenos Aires arriving on a Saturday and departing the ship on Sunday. On disembarkation day we plan to travel from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls and will have private transport from pier to airport.

Please share your experiences:

To Iguaza Falls:

(1) what time were you able to debark the ship? -- can you arrange for special departure time?

(2) time it took to go from ship to port exit and thru immigration? what time do they start processing passengers?

(3) time of flight we can safely take -- 9:30 am too early?

(4) dependability of airline you used -- on time? changes in flight time? any delays? weather problems?

On return to Buenos Aires we will go directly to EZE and board evening flights back to the US and will have private transport between airports:

(5) what is the travel time from AEP to EZE at 4:00 pm on a Tuesday?

(6) dependability of airline you used -- on time? changes in flight time? any delays?

(7) how long in advance of flight do we need to arrive? security time?

Your thoughts & experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Donna

I can help with a few of your questions- we completed our cruise in BA earlier this month. They began letting passengers off the ship by 7am or so. We had requested an 8 oclock time and were off, had luggage and were through customs in 15 or so minutes. Not sure if that is typical but it was really fast.

We did Iguazu before the cruise and used Aerolineas both ways. They did change our return time by an hour about month before our trip, but were on time the days of flights. No weather delays.

We flew out of AEP on a Friday morning and it was pretty quick getting through checkin and security - we only did carryons however. Depending on time of day and day of week and additional luggage, YMMV.

When we left from EZE to go home, it took 90 minutes to get our bags dropped off at Delta ( pre security check) and then another 45 minutes to get from there thru immigration and out to the gate so be sure to leave plenty of time.

Susan

Edited by cruisinsusin
correction

;)Just back from Zaandam west bound, so I boarded in BsAs.

I had booked my Iguazu Falls precruise with a local agent (01argentina if you want another option) and all was good. Got 2 nights in BsAs, 3 nights At Melia, day tour to Brazil side and day tour of Argentina side, with all transfers through Caracol included. They were prompt or called if more than a few minutes late.

(Total cost for single occupancy was $1000 less than HAL, and I got one more night in BsAs and 1 more at the Melia, and the Brazil side group tour included.)

I did check a bag at AEP and it was fast and efficient. My bag was inside before I was off the plane. Sit starboard on arriving at IGR if you want a distant view of the Falls.;)

One more thing: Argentinea just started accepting credit card for entry to the park.

TiogaCruiser - Are you near Tioga Pass? Used to live in Mammoth, just a few miles away from the road leading to the pass. One of my all tine fav drives is Lee Vining to Tuolumne Meadows.:D

As to the Falls, do you need a guide if you are going to visit both Arg. & Brazil?

TiogaCruiser - Are you near Tioga Pass? Used to live in Mammoth, just a few miles away from the road leading to the pass. One of my all tine fav drives is Lee Vining to Tuolumne Meadows.:D

As to the Falls, do you need a guide if you are going to visit both Arg. & Brazil?

We’re not currently in the Tioga Pass area, but that place is the indirect tie in. Lovely country.

You really do not need a guide. You would have to work pretty hard at getting lost on both sides. But you need transportation to get to the Brazilian side. And you have to do the border crossing approvals in Brazil and Argentina. I’ve heard lots of people say you can hire a taxi and the driver will take care of the paperwork for crossing back and forth. The operator my TA used took care of it for everyone on the bus. It’s likely you can book a tour through your hotel desk if you want. Our Brazilian tour included the bird park and a stop for lunch at a buffet. Lunch was good and about $11US. Tour did not include entrance to the Falls or bird park.

If I were to return I would do the Argentine side on my own. But to make things easy, I would likely hire a guide or book a tour.

http://www.caracolturismo.tur.ar/index.html

Edited by TiogaCruiser