COCOCAY Ocean View Deluxe Cabana OR Beach Bungalows

Besides the Cabana being $27 more than the Bungalows, can someone explain/tell me the difference between the two of them please. Is it location? Food? Drinks?

And how difficult are they to get to? Cruising with my 80+ year old in laws and she has a hard time walking.. Thank you for your help

I believe there is a tram to get you there

Get you where? Are they away from the crowd? I'm also trying to figure out what the difference is other than one is a cabana and the other a tent like structure...

Beach Bungalow is a open structure that has a longe chairs and a couch . You order lunch from a menu and they bring it to you.

Beach Cabana is about the same but bigger. It does have sides on one side. They have a upgrade lunch. The tram picks you up at the tender ramp at the front of the Island. It will take 4 mins. or so the get to the Bungalows and a few more to get to the Cabanas. The tram is just easier. Bungalows are by the Kids Water Park thing and the Cabanas are by the jet sky rentals. I’ll try to post picture off of google when I get home if no one else has. Happy Sailing

Edited by BlueSkySailing
  • Like 1

We did the deluxe Cabana. You will walk a couple hundred yards from the boat drop off to a tram area. they will take you about 500 yards a way to the "VIP" cabana entrance. At that point they will give you you cabin assignment and towels. you will still have to walk a little bit to get to your cabana. Good "upgraded buffet offered. Water in your cabin. Beach is roped off and very nice. the pain in the butt is the walk to the bathrooms if you need to head there. That is the case pretty much anywhere you go. Pee in the ocean!! ;p;p

We did the deluxe Cabana. You will walk a couple hundred yards from the boat drop off to a tram area. they will take you about 500 yards a way to the "VIP" cabana entrance. At that point they will give you you cabin assignment and towels. you will still have to walk a little bit to get to your cabana. Good "upgraded buffet offered. Water in your cabin. Beach is roped off and very nice. the pain in the butt is the walk to the bathrooms if you need to head there. That is the case pretty much anywhere you go. Pee in the ocean!! ;p;p

Bathrooms are near the Bungalows.

• Like 1

If you rent a bungalow you will receive a note in your cabin on embarkation to go to the excursions desk to select your bungalow and pre-order lunch which will be delivered to you (no need to go to a buffet with mobility issues). The bungalows stretch out on both sides of the tram drop-off point. The bungalows just to the left of the drop-off point when facing the ocean are also close to the restroom.

Following are some photos of the bungalows:

2dd9f3e1f59351d247161faf8be213b7.jpg

e740412ae41d0f3988dfbfec994c7938.jpg

0ea964779d4b4c6b4567d5bce2266e01.jpg

4a27fb96180db4d0666a7c9a3963a21f.jpg

Unfortunately, I don’t have any photographs of the cabanas in their current location. I think the water is a bit better near the cabanas but they are not as far away from the crowd as they used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
If you rent a bungalow you will receive a note in your cabin on embarkation to go to the excursions desk to select your bungalow and pre-order lunch which will be delivered to you (no need to go to a buffet with mobility issues). The bungalows stretch out on both sides of the tram drop-off point. The bungalows just to the left of the drop-off point when facing the ocean are also close to the restroom.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any photographs of the cabanas in their current location. I think the water is a bit better near the cabanas but they are not as far away from the crowd as they used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And prices please, our cruise is too far away to show the pricing yet. THX BTW, you didn't notice my favorite palm tree over there did you? Looks like they cut it down...grrr!

1z6fgpf.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

Bungalows are great. Easy tram ride, restrooms right behind the bungalows, tasty lunch brought right to you, cooler with 4 large bottles of water, two lounge chairs, 2 float mats, and towels available from the concierge at check in. The water is just steps in front of you, but is very shallow at low tide.

• Thanks 1

Odd question, I'm sure, but is the food served at the Bungalows the same food as the Cabanas? DD said her nachos in our Bungalow were pretty bad. Really struggling with this decision. Dislike the low tide at the Bungalows, but loved being that far away from the crowds. From what I can tell in the pics, the water at the Cabanas is nice?

Odd question, I'm sure, but is the food served at the Bungalows the same food as the Cabanas? DD said her nachos in our Bungalow were pretty bad. Really struggling with this decision. Dislike the low tide at the Bungalows, but loved being that far away from the crowds. From what I can tell in the pics, the water at the Cabanas is nice?

Nice beach and water at the cabanas. We spent the afternoon there one day last month.

Just back from coco cay, last week. Had the ocean view deluxe cabana. They are beautiful but-make sure you get to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board. The front cabanas are oceanfront, while the back row ones- for the same price are not that visually appealing. all of them come with towels, floaty mats and a cooler with bottles of water. The food was served buffet style in a tent not that far from the cabanas, there was hamburgers and hot dogs freshly grilled while you waited, also chicken and shrimp kebabs, fish, cola chicken, assorted salads, (cucumber, potato, beet, tossed, watermelon, etc.) baked potato, with sour cream and bacon bits. Also cookies and pastries. So much food available for the amount of people in the cabanas!

Just back from coco cay, last week. Had the ocean view deluxe cabana. They are beautiful but-make sure you get to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board. The front cabanas are oceanfront, while the back row ones- for the same price are not that visually appealing. all of them come with towels, floaty mats and a cooler with bottles of water. The food was served buffet style in a tent not that far from the cabanas, there was hamburgers and hot dogs freshly grilled while you waited, also chicken and shrimp kebabs, fish, cola chicken, assorted salads, (cucumber, potato, beet, tossed, watermelon, etc.) baked potato, with sour cream and bacon bits. Also cookies and pastries. So much food available for the amount of people in the cabanas!

You went to the excursion desk for cabana assignment? Can the concierge help with any of this?

You went to the excursion desk for cabana assignment? Can the concierge help with any of this?

We had a cabana that was reserved by the concierge, and also were sent to the Shore Excursion desk to choose the specific cabana.

We had a cabana that was reserved by the concierge, and also were sent to the Shore Excursion desk to choose the specific cabana.

Thanks Bob, I will make sure I go to Shore Excursion desk as soon as we board. I need the front row to be able to watch my grandchildren!! I have never been to CoCo Cay only to Labadee Barefoot Beach and that is all done through concierge.