Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

Those are both great ideas, Frederik and Danish Viking. The problem is that I'm not a phone person. I prefer the paper in my hand. Too many things go wrong when one doesn't know what one is doing. I don't even know what a SMS is??? How do I retrieve it, save it, where is it on my phone, etc. Then I have to make sure my phone is charged..in a foreign country, etc, etc. A piece of paper is so much easier.

I thank you for your efforts. I'll just get a pass or tickets when I arrive in Denmark at the kiosk...with a live person to answer questions...:D Have a good day!

SMS is what you guys call a text message. ;p

But 7-Eleven doesn´t sell City Pass tickets and they are also not available on the ticket machines so you have to order it online.

Your other options are Copenhagen Card or the regular 24 hour ticket, but that one is valid from when you buy it.

SMS is what you guys call a text message. ;p

But 7-Eleven doesn´t sell City Pass tickets and they are also not available on the ticket machines so you have to order it online.

Your other options are Copenhagen Card or the regular 24 hour ticket, but that one is valid from when you buy it.

That sounds like a good idea. I only have about 4 trips on public transit planned, but they involve a train, a metro and a bus...so I thought the City Pass would be good. I'll just deal with it when I get there. I know that there are humans at the airport who can explain what I need, that's where I bought my metro ticket last time. It worked out well. Unfortunately I come from a city where we only have buses, no metro, no city train......so it's easy.....to know what one needs. I thought it would be simpler with the city pass, but it's become more complicated.

Now I know what an SMS is....but it costs money for us to text in foreign countries..so I don't know how that would work either to have a pass on a text message.

Thank you anyway for all your valuable help, Danish Viking......:)

Hi,

Thank you for all the wonderful, helpful information!!

I have a couple questions about an adapter/converter for use in my hotel in Copenhagen (Please let me know if I should be asking these questions somewhere else.)

Do you know which of the following 2 adapters sold on Amazon would be better?

Type C:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DTRHB2G/ref=emc_b_5_i

Type E/F:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SY5O5K/ref=emc_b_5_I

Also, do you know if I would also need a converter to charge a Samsung Galaxy smartphone and an 1875 watt hair dryer (I don't think it's dual voltage)?

Thanks much!!

You will not need a converter for the smartphone; your charger will already be dual voltage. If you can read the usually raised print on the converter, it will say something like 100-240V. You will only need an adapter for that.

As to the hair dryer, I would say DON'T. High wattage devices can be iffy, and I wouldn't suggest using it with a converter. Most hotels will have one; it won't be what you are used to but it should be adequate. Dual voltage hair dryers have their own issues. My experience with them (albeit many years ago) is that if you have 2 temperatures at 110 V in North America, you will only have a hot setting at 220 V in Europe.

Hi,

Thank you for all the wonderful, helpful information!!

I have a couple questions about an adapter/converter for use in my hotel in Copenhagen (Please let me know if I should be asking these questions somewhere else.)

Type C:

Type E/F:

Also, do you know if I would also need a converter to charge a Samsung Galaxy smartphone and an 1875 watt hair dryer (I don't think it's dual voltage)?

Thanks much!!

Most hotels & ships now supply hair dryers so I would not lug one along

I have a dual voltage one & all I needed was the plug adapter

I no longer drag it along though

Most computers & cell phones have the dual voltage as mentioned above so just the plug adapter will be needed

Putting 220 volts through a 110-volt hairdryer is a bad idea. Phone/gadget chargers are happy with either unless your wall wart is some cheapo knockoff that will overheat.

Leave the hairdryer at home and check that your chargers are dual voltage.

Hi,

Type C:

Type E/F:

Thanks much!!

Both adapters will work in Denmark. The C type will work in most european countries, the E/F type will work in most european countries as well and will transfer German Schuko ground and French ground pin. Denmark uses a different grounding system, so it will not transfer ground in Denmark, but this is not important nor required. Do not bring your 1875 Watt hair dryer if it is not dual voltage, it will blow the fuses!

Thank you for the replies! I would not have used my hair dryer at the hotel based on your feedback but as it turns out I contacted the hotel and they said they have hair dryers and adapters for people to use. As the previous poster said, both types will work but it sounds like the type E/F has a bit of a better fit according to some reviews.

Thank you @danishviking for the good advice about Hotel Rye on Ryesgrade. I recommend it for any budget travelers who don't mind being a little off the beaten path. It was clean and included a simple, organic breakfast each morning. It was a good 20-30 minute pleasant walk into town, and about 10 minutes to Oesterport station. Restaurants nearby, a Netto around the corner, again, considerably cheaper for our dates. A note to people traveling though, no AC and a shared bathroom. But a decent bed and breakfast for sure. Most hotels were running over $300 a night for my dates and this was $140 a night, including breakfast and VAT.

Danish Viking, I would appreciate your input on this. Our T/A disembarks in Copenhagen. We are taking the ship's excursion called Royal Copenhagen with Airport drop'off. Would it be acceptable to tip the drive in Euros as that would be the only thing in Denmark that we would need cash for? Thanks for your help.

Danish Viking, I would appreciate your input on this. Our T/A disembarks in Copenhagen. We are taking the ship's excursion called Royal Copenhagen with Airport drop'off. Would it be acceptable to tip the drive in Euros as that would be the only thing in Denmark that we would need cash for? Thanks for your help.

Note that the tipping culture is very different in Denmark/Scandinavia than in the US. Most Danes wouldn't consider tipping a Danish bus driver on an organised tour.

If you do want to tip, I am sure Euros will be fine. Most Danes (and especially bus drivers) go to the Euro zone countries once in a while.

Danish Viking

Thank you for all the info. Friend and I will be in Copenhagen for 1 day only ***** a cruise with an overnight. Is it reasonable to do the 3 Stromma HOHO bus tours, their boat tour and end in Tivoli for the evening? We are in our early 70s and stalwart travelers.

Any thoughts you have are greatly appreciated.

Danish Viking - thank you for all of your advice. We had a fantastic day in Copenhagen using the Day Pass which we purchased ahead of time on line. We did a tour with Richard Karpen - highly recommended, toured the Rosenborg gardens, ate a Hot Dog at DOP, ate Ice Cream at Waffle House, took a great canal cruise with Hey Captain and visited Tivoli Gardens and stopped for a drink at Bronnums ( go to the garden in the back). Can't wait to return some day. We were docked at Langelini

Danish Viking - Thank you for all the useful information you give on this thread. I may have missed it, but do the buses and metro take credit cards or do we need DKK. I don't think we be using public transportation enough to use a travel card.

If you take the airport train (not the metro) to the central station and use the Istedgade exit on your left when you enter the terminal building its only 2 blocks on foot.

When I say block I hope I use the correct term, its located on the second street on your left hand when walking down Istedgade.

Hi Danish Viking

According to a Celebrity destination insider the Celebrity Silhouette arriving on 10th July to Copenhagen will be docked at Langelinie, however CM Ports state expected at Oceankaj as it has always been, would that not have been updated by CM ports if it had changed. I'm more inclined to think they are right and Celebrity have got it wrong. What do you think?

I hope that the port knows the best :D

But I also think that Langelinie can't handle both Queen Victoria and Silhuette because that will be 2 very large ships at that pier.

The lenght of the ships is not the problem but the large amount of people at that small area probably is.