Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

No Copenhagen shuts down every Sunday.

Of course not :D

Busses will be running, shops are open, Kastellet is open, everything is open ;p

I just double checked that it didn't collide with one of our many public holidays we have here in the spring, and it doesn't.

Our plane lands at 10pm, does public transportation run all night? We will be 2 adults and 3 kids (10,10 and 13 years old). We will be getting the Copenhagen Card, and staying at The Steel House. So as I understand it Public transportation will be free, but how easy is it to navigate at night with 3 kids and luggage? We will be arriving on July 24th if that makes a difference. Thanks for any insight!

Both the metro and the airport train run at night and some busses has night schedules. But if you land at 10 PM then most services runs at the normal evening schedule, the night schedule usually starts at around midnight and 1 AM.

You have 2 options for traveling to Steel House that are located very close to Vesterport S-train station.

If you take the metro you just get off at Nørreport and take any southbound S-train one stop further to Vesterport.

Or if you take the airport train you get off at København H (central station) walk to track 9 and 10 and take any northbound S-train one stop further to Vesterport.

Our plane lands at 10pm, does public transportation run all night? We will be 2 adults and 3 kids (10,10 and 13 years old). We will be getting the Copenhagen Card, and staying at The Steel House. So as I understand it Public transportation will be free, but how easy is it to navigate at night with 3 kids and luggage? We will be arriving on July 24th if that makes a difference. Thanks for any insight!

If you are flying from the US I would just grab a taxi you might be a bit jet lagged & with kids the train may be daunting

JMO

Both the metro and the airport train run at night and some busses has night schedules. But if you land at 10 PM then most services runs at the normal evening schedule, the night schedule usually starts at around midnight and 1 AM.

You have 2 options for traveling to Steel House that are located very close to Vesterport S-train station.

If you take the metro you just get off at Nørreport and take any southbound S-train one stop further to Vesterport.

Or if you take the airport train you get off at København H (central station) walk to track 9 and 10 and take any northbound S-train one stop further to Vesterport.

Thank you for this information. Can you tell me which if these options has the least amount of stairs or which would be the easiest with a stroller.

Thanks again for all the time you take with our questions.

Danish Viking, thank you for all of the great info you are sharing! My question is, how can I find out where we will be docked when we are in port? We are on Silhouette 6/12/18. Is it correct that there are several different docks that the ships use? I am trying to plan our day efficiently so that we can see as much as possible, and knowing where we will begin the morning will help out very much.

Danish Viking,

I'm having some difficulty finding current information on times and prices at the Church of Our Savior. Could you point me toward a website that contains current information?

I found this one, but it appears to be two years out of date. Based

In addition, do you know whether it would be possible / easy to pay by credit card? Would I need to have DKK on hand instead?

We will be in Copenhagen on Saturday, August 4, 2018.

Thanks.

Hello- I arrive in Copenhagen around 1800 in the evening 2 days prior to my cruise. I’m thinking of doing Dinner and then Tivoli that evening, then on our full day I really just want to relax and walk around the city, particularly the picturesque Nyvahn area. I would appreciate advice for Tivoli “must sees” and is a couple hours in the evening there enough? Or should I go during the day and spend more time? For Nyvahn, I would love recommendations for good lunch or dinner, authentic Danish places not tourist traps. Any other suggestions are welcome- thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I was you I would combine the restaurant visit and the Tivoli visit.

There is alot of wonderful restaurants inside Tivoli or else you can visit the Tivoli Food Hall just outside the gates.

Færgekroens Bryghus and Grøften are good places if you want some traditional danish food.

On Nyhavn you could check these out.

Restaurant Hummer (seafood)

Restaurant Kompasset (traditionally danish food)

Nyhavns Færgekro (Smørrebrød etc)

Told & Snaps (Smørrebrød and danish food)

Thanks, Danish Viking.

I'm also having some difficulty finding information regarding the 992 harbour bus (ferry). We're just looking at taking a one-way trip back to the port. Are there ticket machines on board the boats? If so, do they take credit cards? If not, do we need to have exact change in DKK?

How often does the harbour bus run on Saturday afternoons?

Thanks again.

https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/koereplaner/koereplaner-bus/991/

click at "se kæreplan for hele linien".

991 is southbound and 992 is northbound (aka out to Langelinie) the stop you would use is Nordre Toldbod (assuming your ship is docked at Langelinie)

They only take cash or you can download the DOT mobilbilletter you can buy the ticket online but that will require that you are online.

Danish Viking: our ship will dock at Langelinie on 11July 2018 from 10am to 18:00. Does the HOHO bus stop there or nearby? Is there more than one bus route & if yes, which one would you recommend? Since it is busy tourist season, if we wish to exit the bus will it be difficult to reboard?

Danish Viking,

I've been trying to catch up and read all of your valuable information. Many THANKS for all you do in providing great assistance to everyone! I need a little planning help for my cruise:

- Arr on SAS flight Fri May 11 @ 7:30 am

- Staying @Scandic Palace

- Cruise on Serenade OTS (fully-chartered) from Oceankaj on Sun May 13

- (I know the World Ice Hockey will be ongoing!)

We love to do the HOHO bus in cities we've not visited yet, but trying to decide if I should buy the 48-hour Copenhagen Card online and try to see the popular sites offered or buy a 24-hour card and plan to purchase tickets for the HOHO.

Airport to Hotel: 2 adults with 3 rolling luggage - Is the bus or train easy & convenient to our hotel since transportation is included with the Card?

Hotel to Oceankaj: Best option on a busy sports weekend? (We paid for the Royal Caribbean transfers to the airport at the end of cruise.)

Again, sincere appreciation in all you do. :'):'):'):')clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678