Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

Its a bad costumer service to not have this info on the english website but here it is in Danish, then you can probably use google to translate it.

http://www.dsb.dk/trafikinformation/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/181016-5-langa---aalborg/

From Aalborg it will off course be the Green or Blue replacement bus towards Langå.

Alternatively a taxi from Aalborg airport to Hobro will cost around 1100 kroner.

From Langå to Hobro its around 700 kroner.

The journeyplanner is in english and is always updated with track repairs and other incidents.

http://www.dsb.dk/Rejseplan/bin/query.exe/en?L=vs_dsb&

Thank you, kind sir. You have been a big help!

Danish Viking, thank you for all your help to us travelers. I have read this thread and still a little confused about getting to the port OceanKaj from the Hotel Nebo on public transportation. We are getting on the NCL Breakaway on Monday Aug 27. If I understand correctly, the best would be walk to the train station, take the S-train B towards Holte St, go 3 stops to Osterport , then walk to bus stop and take #27 bus to Oceankaj. Is this better than going to Norreport and taking Bus #25 or is it about the same?

Thank you!

Danish Viking, thank you for all your help to us travelers. I have read this thread and still a little confused about getting to the port OceanKaj from the Hotel Nebo on public transportation. We are getting on the NCL Breakaway on Monday Aug 27. If I understand correctly, the best would be walk to the train station, take the S-train B towards Holte St, go 3 stops to Osterport , then walk to bus stop and take #27 bus to Oceankaj. Is this better than going to Norreport and taking Bus #25 or is it about the same?

Thank you!

I am just a fellow traveller trying to figure out the Copenhagen transit system, not a local, but I believe you can also take bus 25 from Østerport (stop is on the other side of Folke Bernadottes Allė), and it would likely be a bit faster. Route 25 has only one intermediate stop between Østerport and Oceankaj, compared to route 27's dozen or so.

Also I think you could take basically any of the S-trains between København H and Østerport, but maybe someone who's more familiar with the system could tell me if that's a bad idea.

The online journey planner (Rejseplanen) from your hotel gives both S-train B -> bus 27 and S-train A -> bus 25 as options (transfer at Østerport in both cases), with the route 25 option being both more frequent and about 10 minutes faster.

Just take any northbound S-train (Farum, Holte, Hillerød or Klampenborg) or any northbound commuter train,(Østerport, Nivå or Helsingør)

Bus 25 also stops at the regular us stop at Østerport, so the quickest thing is just to head to Østerport and take whatever bus that comes first (off course only 25 and 27 to Oceankaj)

SMS is what you guys call a text message. ;p

But 7-Eleven doesn´t sell City Pass tickets and they are also not available on the ticket machines so you have to order it online.

Your other options are Copenhagen Card or the regular 24 hour ticket, but that one is valid from when you buy it.

Just an update on the daily pass. I did buy one at the 7-11 near my hotel. It is valid for 24 hours from the second you buy it. I used it for the day....and was asked twice to show it on the metro.

Thank you again, Danish viking, for all you help. :D

We had Bethel booked also. But I cancelled last minute. It has 12 steps to get into hotel, no elevator. Very noisy and crowded location. It was also cheapest. I would book Best Western Plus or Best Western Hebron instead. Radisson Blu was a great location right by the train and HOHO starting point and Tivoli. We stayed at Comfort Hotel. It was ok. Very basic hotel.

Hotel Bethel has an elevator. I used it when I stayed there in August 2017. Yes, they do have steps leading up to the door and also to the main floor. I asked one of the strong staff members to carry up my suitcase, and to carry it down again. They obliged me very willingly.

I didn't find it that noisy. They also have rooms that face an inner courtyard (of sorts).

Using a credit in Copenhagen, is a PIN required?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only for automated machines, such as ticket machines on the train stations. In restaurants or regular shops, you get a receipt to sign.

There might be a few street vendors or small shops who only take the Danish debit card (Dankort) or mobile payment solutions only available to Danish consumers.

Just an update on the daily pass. I did buy one at the 7-11 near my hotel. It is valid for 24 hours from the second you buy it. I used it for the day....and was asked twice to show it on the metro.

Thank you again, Danish viking, for all you help. :D

As I speculated before the reason why they said no at my local

7/Eleven at Ølby station and the reason why the ticket machine didn't have the city pass is probably because its not in zone 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Ølby is in zone 99).

And it makes sense if the ticket is valid from the purchase because you will then loose 40 minutes on the validity before you are in zone 1 to 4.

I have to find out next time I'm in Copenhagen how it works out.

Just one question. We do talk about the city pass for 80 kroner and not the 24 hour ticket for 130 kroner?

According to Citypass own website it states this....

So no mention of 7/Elevens.

ou can buy City Pass paper tickets at the following locations in Copenhagen:

Copenhagen Airport

• At ticket machines in terminal 3, and at metro and train platforms

Copenhagen Central Train Station

• At ticket machines in the arrivals hall and on train platforms

• At the main entrance to ticket sales open Monday to Sunday from 07:00 to 22:00

Train and metro stations

• At all ticket machines at the stations

Tourist information at Tivoli

• At the iSpot self-service screens

According to Citypass own website it states this....

So no mention of 7/Elevens.

ou can buy City Pass paper tickets at the following locations in Copenhagen:

Copenhagen Airport

• At ticket machines in terminal 3, and at metro and train platforms

Copenhagen Central Train Station

• At ticket machines in the arrivals hall and on train platforms

• At the main entrance to ticket sales open Monday to Sunday from 07:00 to 22:00

Train and metro stations

• At all ticket machines at the stations

Tourist information at Tivoli

• At the iSpot self-service screens

If I read this correctly the only place to pay cash (or a US credit card with no PIN) would be at Central station.

Solo traveler and never been to Copenhagen. Looking at spending 3 days before I cruise, but I don’t feel comfortable rely on a digital ticket. And I don’t want to worry about what’s in what zone. Might visit museums and such. Is the Copenhagen Card with it?

Solo traveler and never been to Copenhagen. Looking at spending 3 days before I cruise, but I don’t feel comfortable rely on a digital ticket. And I don’t want to worry about what’s in what zone. Might visit museums and such. Is the Copenhagen Card with it?

Have you checked the Copenhagen Card website?

https://copenhagencard.com/attractions

This will let you calculate how much you might save.

I will have 5 days in Copenhagen next summer, and I think that it is worth it for me. Even if it costs me a bit more, I will be more likely to go to things that I really want to see a little farther out because I have all my transportation looked after. (I know that I want to go to the Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde, and to Helsingor (Elsinore) and maybe the Louisiana museum of modern art). With transportation included, all of those are more doable. If you are flying in, you can either purchase the card in advance and pick it up at the airport, or just buy it at the airport and then use it for transportation to your hotel. (I did notice that the website in English has prices in Euros, but the Danish version has prices in Kroner. The exchange rates looked pretty consistent to me.

Hello. Thank you for the docking information. In June, I'm staying at a hotel near the airport....and want to use as much public transportation as possible. To get to the port..in my case, Quay C331, can I take the train/Metro to Nyhavn, then take a taxi to the port?

Do you think that's the most efficient way to get to the ship? Is that the closest metro stop to the port? I would take a bus if I didn't have to walk too far from the bus stop to the ship. From my recollection, it is a long walk.

Thank you for any help. :)

Hi, Ladysail. There is bus transportation from the Marriott to the Port,so you might check if it is available at your hotel as well.

Good Day!

Thanks for all of the useful information.

We (hubby and I) are arriving the first Saturday in August, after an overnight flight and having been in airports/on planes for 24+ hours, I think taking the taxi to The Square, will likely be our best option. We are planning to do some sightseeing in Copenhagen, as we await our hotel room being available, but plan to stow our luggage there while we tour around. We will likely spend most of Sunday at Tivoli Gardens, both of us enjoy the rides. We will also need to get to our cruise ship for mid-Monday afternoon.

I am wondering if the Copenhagen Card is our best bet, considering we will have to pay ride admission on top of the park admission for Tivoli, and won't be using the train for the airport coming in or going home, as well, we may be interested in the Hop On, Hop Off bus option (or could use city transportation). We would likely have 48 hours or so of tour time in Copenhagen from when we get in on Saturday to leaving on Monday with the cruise.

I'm also wondering how much we can realistically see on Saturday (all bleary eyed from traveling), how much time to spend at Tivoli Gardens (does it warrant a full day, if going on rides?), and Monday for a couple of hours?

Some highlights I would like to cover:

Castles/Palaces - which ones to see?

Nyhavn

The Tower at Christiansborg Palace or Round Tower - for the views

Christiania

Paper Island ?

A Boat Tour (Little Mermaid Statue)

Frederiks Kirke

Open to other suggestions...

Also, on the Tivoli Garden site, it seems like there is an unlimited ride package and an unlimited ride package plus

UNLIMITED RIDE TICKET PLUS

290 DKK / PIECE

Valid for all rides including VR in the Demon, Tivoli's Aquarium and one spin at The Choco Wheel (Hyggehjulet) - is the Aquarium and Virtual Reality part of the Demon worth the extra 60 DKK?

Thanks very much for any and all information.

Good Day!

We (hubby and I) are arriving the first Saturday in August, after an overnight flight and having been in airports/on planes for 24+ hours, I think taking the taxi to The Square, will likely be our best option. We are planning to do some sightseeing in Copenhagen, as we await our hotel room being available, but plan to stow our luggage there while we tour around. We will likely spend most of Sunday at Tivoli Gardens, both of us enjoy the rides. We will also need to get to our cruise ship for mid-Monday afternoon.

I am wondering if the Copenhagen Card is our best bet, considering we will have to pay ride admission on top of the park admission for Tivoli, and won't be using the train for the airport coming in or going home, as well, we may be interested in the Hop On, Hop Off bus option (or could use city transportation). We would likely have 48 hours or so of tour time in Copenhagen from when we get in on Saturday to leaving on Monday with the cruise.

I'm also wondering how much we can realistically see on Saturday (all bleary eyed from traveling), how much time to spend at Tivoli Gardens (does it warrant a full day, if going on rides?), and Monday for a couple of hours?

Nyhavn

Christiania

Paper Island ?

Frederiks Kirke

Also, on the Tivoli Garden site, it seems like there is an unlimited ride package and an unlimited ride package plus

290 DKK / PIECE

Valid for all rides including VR in the Demon, Tivoli's Aquarium and one spin at The Choco Wheel (Hyggehjulet) - is the Aquarium and Virtual Reality part of the Demon worth the extra 60 DKK?

If you really want to do all the rides I would buy the unlimited ride package. There are tons of food options inside the park and outside the park as well. There is no way you will have time to see all those sites on the HOHO bus. We were there 2 days and did not see everything. If you want to do the boat ride at Nyhavn that takes time too.

First day we did Stroget shopping and Nyhavn boat ride and Tivoli just to walk around, no rides.

Second day we rode the HOHO bus but it takes time to get off at all the sites, look around, take pictures, and then wait for the next bus to arrive. It can't be done in just one day.

Good Day!

Nyhavn

Christiania

Paper Island ?

Frederiks Kirke

290 DKK / PIECE

I think its better to take it step by step.

Castle/Palaces: In Copenhagen both Rosenborg, Amalienborg and Christiansborg is worth a visit, there are other palaces outside Copenhagen but that is an all day adventure.

Nyhavn: This is best to do n a combination with a canal tour.

Paper Island: this one is cloed down, but visit Kødbyen instead.

A Boat tour: See Nyhavn.

Frederiks Kirke (aka Marble Church): If you only have time to visit one church then go to Our Saviors Church and climb the church tower for a perfect view of Copenhagen.

About the Tivoli package, the extra price is only 10 dollars or so, but I have never visited the Aquarium or tried Dæmonen for that matter.

So I can´t say if Dæmonen is better with or without Vr glasses :D

I could easily spend a full day in Tivoli but 3-4 hours can do it.

Thank you both so much for the info! Coming from Canada, we regularly use the PIN for our credit and debit cards, so we're good to go either way. I priced out all of the Tivoli options and think we will go with the PULS/Plus option. Hubby and I are both big on rides. This is what I came up with for conversions:

Entrance to Tivoli $120 DKK/$24.71 CDN

Unlimited Ride Ticket Plus $290 DKK/$59.73 CDN

Unlimited Ride Ticket $230 DKK/$47.37 CDN

Tivoli Aquarium $25 DKK/$5.15 CDN

Entrance + Unlimited Ride Ticket Plus for 2 people withVAT $820 DKK/$168.88 CDN

Or

Tivoli Puls Ticket (entrance, all rides, aquarium &food voucher) $750 DKK/$154.46 CDN

$140 DKK or $30-$45 for a meal at Tivoli

Thanks Danish Viking for explaining what to combine, as well! When you're trying to go off of Pinterest, it's hard to tell what to try to see, because there are so many options.

We had Bethel booked also. But I cancelled last minute. It has 12 steps to get into hotel, no elevator. Very noisy and crowded location. It was also cheapest. I would book Best Western Plus or Best Western Hebron instead. Radisson Blu was a great location right by the train and HOHO starting point and Tivoli. We stayed at Comfort Hotel. It was ok. Very basic hotel.

Hotel Bethel has a lift from the ground floor. You just have to ring the bell (as the sign instructs) and staff will open the large doors at the driveway (where people with cars park) and you simply roll your bags in and get on the lift. Very simple. The lift will stop at the first floor so you can check in and then simply take the lift from the lobby up to your floor.