Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

We're using the 24-hour Copenhagen Card to get from the airport to Central Station for the day we arrive, but I'm trying to figure out how much it will cost us for the day we leave (since it's over a week later and we're not going to buy another card just for this).

Does 36 DKK sound right?

We're using the 24-hour Copenhagen Card to get from the airport to Central Station for the day we arrive, but I'm trying to figure out how much it will cost us for the day we leave (since it's over a week later and we're not going to buy another card just for this).

Does 36 DKK sound right?

Also looking for the price of a taxi from the Central Station area (Annex Copenhagen Hotel) to the port. Lots of people suggest public transportation, but that won't work for us as I admit that I am an overpacker ;)

C190 to 199 is Langeliniekaj

For Langelinie its the 26 bus, the bust will stop at nearby Indiakaj most of the time, some departures go all the way out on the pier but not all.

At Oceankaj you buy the ticket at the town shop, the little hut between Terminal 1 and 2 on the other side of the road.

Else you can buy the citypass that is valid in zone 1 to 4 (including the airport)

24 hour ticket costs 80 kroner and 72 hour is 200 kroner.

Another option is the 24 hour transportation ticket that costs 130 Kroner and is valid in zone 1 to 99 so it covers Roskilde and the castles in Northern Zealand.

I'll be debarking at Langeliniekaj. Can I buy the citypass near the cruise terminal before getting on bus #26 to city center? (I suppose I cannot buy it directly from the bus driver when I get on the bus, right?)

Most shops are closed so it will mostly be restaurants and tourist sites that are open.

There will be some rallies called grundlovstale (constitution speak???) but they are mostly held in parks so they won't disrupt traffic.

I am planning to do Tivoli Garden and Netto Baden canal tour on June 5th. Are the restaurants and cafe shops usually opened this day? Also would you recommend some not expensive eateries around Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten?

I am not aware of any shops near Langelinie selling city pass but if you go to citypass.dk you can buy it online and get ot on your phone.

Thank you! Do you know if there's free wifi at the Langelinie cruise terminal, so I can log on and buy the city pass online on my phone? Afterwards, can I activate it anytime on a bus or at a metro/train station? Is the first time activation done by scanning a QR code against a reader, and does that work without an active wifi connection on my phone?

Danish Viking,

I need your advice! My Wife and I will be traveling to Copenhagen, in late August, for a cruise. We'd appreciate your insight on options too get from the airport to the Bethel hotel and from the Bethel to the Pier ( Cruising on RCL). We'll be arriving mid-day on Aug. 25th via Norwegian Airlines.

I appreciate your contributions on the 2107 board along with the early stages of the 2018 board.

Thanks Again!

If you take the metro from the airport to Kongens Nytorv, you are 5 minutes on foot to the hotel.

Likewise going to the port, but you then have 2 options.

Either you take the metro towards Vanløse 1 stop to Nørreport and catch bus 25 from there.

Or from the street above the metro station you take bus 26 towards Indiakaj or Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn.

Then you get of at Østerport and take either bus 25 or 27.

As I have tried to point out on my first post there is 2 bus stops at Østerport (well actually there is 3 but you don't need the last one)

The first one is Folke Bernadette Allé (Østerport) where bus 25 will stop.

Its on the side of the road just after the intersection with Grønningen, Oslo Plads and Østre Voldgrave and off course Folke Bernadottes Allé.

A little bit further north along Folke Bernadottes Allé is Østerport stations bus stop, this is where bus 27 departs from.

Here the bus turns left in to a little parking lot next to the street so you are in no doubt where to get off.

Both bus stops are marked on Google maps if you search on Østerport station.

Departures times for bus 25 are XX:00, XX:20 and XX:40 from Nørreport and 5 minutes later from Folke Bernadottes Allé (Østerport)

Bus 27 goes at XX:28 and XX:58 from Østerport station.

The metro runs all the time to Nørreport.

Bus 26 to Østerport "only" goes every 20th minute on Sundays.

From Kongens Nytorv its at XX:04, XX:24 and XX:44 and

Østerport is reached 8 minutes after that.

Edited by Danish viking

Danish Viking we arrive pre cruise to Copenhagen staying at Hotel Kong Arthur 11 Norre Sogade. I believe there is a train station around the corner Norreport? towards Rosenberg Palace. Will we go there for transport to Cruise Berth 333 at Oceankaj? My understanding would be Norreport to Osterport then Bus #26? If we decide to get a taxi what would be the cost roughly thanks?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

You can catch bus 25 3 time each hour from Nørreport station.

The bus stop is located outside Tornebuskegade and the Netto supermarket.

The taxi rink is on the other end of the station square.

A bus will cost you 24 kroner for each person.

A taxi probably around 200 kroner.

Thank you so much Danish Viking! We are on B2B cruises and are in Copenhagen 3 times 25 August, 2 Sept and 9 Sept! We thought we might find a laundry to do our washing on 9 Sept which is a Sunday, any ideas?

You can probably have it washed at the hotel. But that tends to be expensive. A cheaper option is to use a self-service laundry (Møntvaskeri in Danish). Here is a search for those:

https://www.google.dk/maps/search/m%C3%B8ntvaskeri/@55.6845105,12.5633047,15z/data=!3m1!4b1

The closest ones seem to be on Åboulevarden or Elmegade but there might be others which are not registered on google maps. They accept Danish cash. Prices tend to be around 4-5 USD for a big machine. Instructions will probably be in Danish, but there are likely people around on a Sunday you can ask for help. Danes generally speak English quite well. You can usually buy washing powder at an additional rate.

Danish Viking - We will be docking at Langelinie on Sunday, May 13. What is the best way for us to get to Radhuspladsen? We want to do the Rick Steves walk to Nyhavn. Thanks so much for the info!

I haven't missed anything, the reply was not from me :D

But yes Bus 26 goes all the way to Rådhuspladsen /city hall square.

It goes every 20th minute from Indiakaj just a few 100 meters south of Langelinie.

The departure times are XX:10, XX:30 and XX:50.

LHT28 - Bus 26 from Indiakaj, which is near Langelinie will take you to Radhuspladsen. I think that Danish Viking missed the order of your walk.

I posted the walk for the other poster

Yes if they want to walk from City hall back to Nyhavn the bus is a great way to get there

If they just wanted to see Nyhavn then just walk there

we have done the walk at a comfortable stroll

We too will be there, at Langelinie C190, on a one-day stop on Sunday May 13th from 0930-1830. Are shops, restaurants and tourist attractions open on Sundays? Does the bus #26 run on Sundays?

Was thinking about the Kastellet...is this an open area for walking around? Open on Sunday?

So glad you are here !

Susan