Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

I would like to make sure I have my bus route planned correctly. We arrive at Oceankaj and I want to go to  Radhuspladsen for a walking tour. I take bus #27 outside of the pier to Osterport and change to Bus #26. Then to return to the pier from Nyhavn and Kongens Nytorv area I take Bus #26 to Osterport and change to Bus #27 to Oceankaj.  Does this sound right or should I be going from Kongens Nytorv to Norrport then get Bus # 25. 

Sorry new to public transit and I want to have an idea before I travel.

Thank You.

I'm no expert on Copenhagen, but I have spent some time on similar research for an upcoming cruise.  I see nothing wrong with your original plans of using bus #26 and #27.  I don't know when you're going to be there, but I do know that bus #25 only runs during the summer, so I dismissed it from consideration for my visit in October.  Also, I vaguely recall that the bus stop for bus #25 at Oceankaj is further away from the terminal than #27 (I could be dreaming this, so don't hold me to it).  At any rate, if you look at www.journeyplanner.dk , it also suggests your planned route using 26 and 27..

Bus 25 will run on most days when ships are docked at Oceankaj, but if its not running then bus 27 is equally good (just a little bi slower as it has more stops on the way)

But If I was you then I would instead take any southbound S-train from track 6 at Østerport and get off at Vesterport.

from here its a short walk to Rådhuspladsen and less confusing than changing bus.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Vesterport+St.+(Ved+Vesterport),+1612+København/City+Hall+Square,+1599+København/@55.6757594,12.5637051,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530c41c4cbb1:0x465923f78788dcb9!2m2!1d12.5625239!2d55.6756493!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530dfbdd1e99:0x2717b01caaedfd10!2m2!1d12.5691285!2d55.6759142!3e2

Well it depends on 1 thing, is it possible now to edit your post now in a longer timeframe. 

The old design didn't let you edit your post after 5 minutes or so. 

So I want to be sure that the info I put in the first page is as correct as possible. 

But if the new forum lets you update your post even after some time then I think that its good to go. 

7 hours ago, Danish viking said:

I was more thinking in updating a post after lets say a month of so. 

I don't think that is a good idea.  Once I have read a post, I don't go back to it.  I go to the first unread post each time.  In that way, I would never know about your edit.  It is better to make an addition or correction in a new post so those who have been following the thread will not miss it.

Thanks for all the work you do on this thread.  Very enjoyable.

• Like 1

Hello :) We are coming to Copenhagen in June; we are now looking at shore excursions on Viator but was recommended by a friend to check in at the forum here.

the port we are coming to is Langelinie. We are traveling with our teenage sons, so we wanted to do a tour that we all would enjoy (if that's possible!); so not too filled with history but still knowledgable.

We have narrowed it down to 3 and was hoping you could help:

1. Hop on/hop off which departs right by Langelinie; i.e. it will be convenient and we can get off where we want to explore further

2. Segway tour; their shop seems to be located at Langelinie so we would start and stop from here. We would go for the 2-hour tour which would cover quite a lot of sights according to the write-up.

3. Wonderful Copenhagen walking tour; this is 4 hours long (!) and is probably the best value for your money and assuming you can go pretty far in 4 hours. The reviews seems to say that the stories are not dry and boring on this, but if the weather is not good then 4 hours in the rain might not be so much fun.

My money is on option 3.

Option 1) the easiest option but also the most expensive. 

If you know what you want to see i can make a schedule that includes the regular busses that are way cheaper. 

Option 2) its probably a fun tour but I can't get over how silly it looks when a big group passes by on those machines. 

That leads us to option 3)

Yes it sucks if it's raining but option 2 surely also sucks in the rain. 

But with a proper rain jacket it should be okay. 

Thanks for the feedback! 😀

We would really like a guided tour so think we will choose between 2 or 3. 

Don't mind looking silly 🙃 We are tourists so we can live up to that haha - we have done the Segways before and we just found it to be a good way to see the city. And the shop is at Langelinie cruise pier.

However, 4 hour walking tour for basically the same price is also appealing. And as far as I have read my way to, Copenhagen is very accessible by foot. Maybe this would be better in the rain though (just trying to plan for worst case scenarios with moody teenagers).

Will go back and consult with the family - thank you so much again!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a Danish article about 8 great restaurants sweving traditionally Danish food. 

I think you can run it through Google translate or else you can go by the name of the restaurant. 

https://spiseliv.dk/guide/danske-restauranter?utm_source=social&utm_medium=sponsoreret&utm_campaign=Step1_sjaelland&utm_content=8goderestauranter_ad1

On 1/7/2019 at 9:02 AM, Danish viking said:

Copenhagen is flat as a pancake so there will be no trouble walking. 

Definitely flat!  But I will add for those not used to this -- much of that walking is on cobblestones,  so it can be a bit more challenging, over the course of several hours or an entire day, than walking on a smooth surface. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for this wonderful thread! We're flying into Copenhagen in June, staying a couple of nights and then leaving on a 19 day cruise. Never been to Europe before and I'm very excited to see many different countries.

Thanks again!

20 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Definitely flat!  But I will add for those not used to this -- much of that walking is on cobblestones,  so it can be a bit more challenging, over the course of several hours or an entire day, than walking on a smooth surface. 

Its maybe true for some of the other baltic cities but there isn´t alot of cobblestones in Copenhagen.

Just take a google street view around Strøget and other parts of central Copenhagen its not so bad. 🙂