Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

Thank you for this information.

I didn't know that there are two options: 7-Eleven or ticketing machines. If the 7-Eleven store were open, do they sell the same ticket, i.e. Validity starts immediately, as the ticket machines, without possibility to specify a future start date and time?

Excellent question, I will ask my local 7-Eleven at Ølby station when I drop by.

Question: Is there some place that I can store my luggage for a few hours? We are spending time in CPH after our cruise but the earliest we can access our flat is 11:30 and we are off the boat around 8 am. I've no desire to wander around CPH with our luggage. I've searched this thread but only see info about going to the airport. TIA!

Airluggage.dk will transport you luggage from the ship to the airport.

From your comments about taking public transportation to and from the port and/or airport, I assume it is ok to take small luggage on trains and buses? Are there overhead racks or just on our laps? we usually travel lightly.

Thank you!

Excellent question, I will ask my local 7-Eleven at Ølby station when I drop by.

That'd be great, if you are passing by a 7-Eleven at a train station anyway, but no hurry, and please do not make a special trip. Many thanks.

Hi Danish Viking, we visited Copenhagen last year (loved it) and we docked at Langelinie pier which was great, rather disappointed that this year the Celebrity Silhouette is listed on 10th July to stop at Oceankaj terminal 2. If we want to buy a 24hour bus pass is there somewhere at the pier to purchase one? Also where is the nearest point we can get the harbour bus and how would we get there and how do we get to the palace for changing of the guard. Thank you for your help

I can't seem to find a web site that shows which cruise port will be used for my ship, the Silver Spirit, when I board her on 24 July. Can anyone help?

Also, what's the best way to get from the airport to the Comfort Hotel Vesterbro, for an SAS flight (#910) that arrives at the airport on 21/7 at 7:15 am? Ideally, one could take a train. However, with my bad back and my wife's bad knees, we'd need a lot of help with our luggage. I don't know whether public transit will work for us. Similarly, I don't know if we can get from the hotel to the pier by public transit mid-day on 24/7. Any suggestions?

I can't seem to find a web site that shows which cruise port will be used for my ship, the Silver Spirit, when I board her on 24 July. Can anyone help?

Also, what's the best way to get from the airport to the Comfort Hotel Vesterbro, for an SAS flight (#910) that arrives at the airport on 21/7 at 7:15 am? Ideally, one could take a train. However, with my bad back and my wife's bad knees, we'd need a lot of help with our luggage. I don't know whether public transit will work for us. Similarly, I don't know if we can get from the hotel to the pier by public transit mid-day on 24/7. Any suggestions?

looks like Langelinie

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships

probably a taxi would be best for you

less confusing

I'm also on team taxi on this one.

Your hotel is located 3 (lets say 3,5) bloks away from the central station so it will take 10 minutes or so to do the walk but that is without any issues.

Even if you get on the 26 bus towards Langelinie (that stops right next to your hotel at Trommesalen) you will be dropped off at Indiakaj.

Normally not a problem but a few 100 meters of walking with luggage and in your condition then it can be hard.

Hi Danish Viking, we visited Copenhagen last year (loved it) and we docked at Langelinie pier which was great, rather disappointed that this year the Celebrity Silhouette is listed on 10th July to stop at Oceankaj terminal 2. If we want to buy a 24hour bus pass is there somewhere at the pier to purchase one? Also where is the nearest point we can get the harbour bus and how would we get there and how do we get to the palace for changing of the guard. Thank you for your help

You can buy the citypass online at citypass.dk

You will get a text message so you do not need WiFi to use the ticket.

You have to take bus 27 (not 25) and get off at Søndre Frihavn (Folke Bernadottes Alle) and walk the last 500 meters to the little Mermaid.

A little bit south of the Mermaid you find Nordre Toldbod where the harbour busses northernmost "busstop" is.

Both bus 27 and harbour busstops are marked on Google maps.

The harbour bus stops at the end from Nyhavn and from there its a short walk to Amalienborg (it is visible from the boat)

I'm also on team taxi on this one.

Your hotel is located 3 (lets say 3,5) bloks away from the central station so it will take 10 minutes or so to do the walk but that is without any issues.

Even if you get on the 26 bus towards Langelinie (that stops right next to your hotel at Trommesalen) you will be dropped off at Indiakaj.

Normally not a problem but a few 100 meters of walking with luggage and in your condition then it can be hard.

Thanks for showing photos of bus system getting from hotel to pier. If someone can’t do a lot of steps due to bad knees it is probably best to take a taxi to not carry luggage up the stairs, no elevator, wow.

If you talk about the situation at at Østerport you simply just use the other exit by the main terminal building.

Using that elevator will get you up to the bus stop at Folke Bernadottes Allé.

But I will try to keep and update on when the elevator at Østerport is finished.

As you can see on the pictures the structure was done, the "only" missing thing was the elevator itself and the mechanics.

I am no expert so I don't know if its a matter of weeks or months before its done.

Nørreport has plenty of elevators, I just showed the ones at the metro station but the S-train and long distance platform has elevators as well.

The airport as well also have elevators.

Danish Viking thank you for that information. Just wondering as another ship docks at Oceankaj the same day as us for the day. From both ships that will be around 4500 passengers looking to spend the day in Copenhagen, take away approx 1500 doing ships tours etc we could potentially have about 3000 passengers looking at buses into the centre. How can the public transport system cope with that many people probably most disembarking in the first couple of hours of docking. If a bus takes 50 passengers with 10 buses an hour it could take hours to get out of the port area. Is it possible to walk into the centre ? Having looked on the satellite image its very industrial and not at all appealing to visitors.

You are probably correct but 10 busses an hour is not realistic, between 5 and 8 busses if I remember the bus schedules correct.

But the cruise lines also provides shuttle busses so there are more busses than that.

Also lots of Ho-Ho busses is around.

But it is a 45 minute walk to Nordhavn station if you dare to do the walk. :-)

In year 2020 its only a 30 minute walk to the newly opened Orientkaj metro station, but I suspect that bus 25 will just run between Oceankaj and Orientkaj metro station.

It is the plan that the metro in the not so distant future will be running all the way out to Oceankaj but no firm schedule has been set for that construction.

Danish Viking thank you for your help. I have to say that I am really disappointed in Celebrity cruises and Copenhagen for what I feel is dumping us in the middle of nowhere. Of course Celebrity will charge extortionate prices for a shuttle or we take a chance on being able to get on a bus. Realistically what do you think the bus queues will be like with so many people wanting to see the city. Apparently Copenhagen was rated most highly in 2017 which based on Langelinie dock I can see, I can't see that happening again with Oceankaj day cruisers. This has become a stop I am not looking forward to now which is not how you should feel before a holiday. Maybe they should have thought of transport links for thousands of passengers before opening, there isn't even any shelter from the rain at the bus stops and I'm sure you don't get 300+ days of sunshine a year.

Thanks for the help. DV and others, regarding transportation from plane to hotel and hotel to cruise port. Hopefully, by mid July, Joan will be fully recovered from her February knee surgery, and public transport won't be a problem. Still, she prefers taxis anyway, so that's what we'll probably end up doing.

Another poster indicated that Celebrity will probably charge a lot of money for shuttles to town. I'm surprised: most cruise lines don't charge for this. Check with Celebrity. Sure, cruise lines charge when the port is very distant from the city it serves (Civitavecchia to Rome, Livorno to Florence); but not usually within a city. I don't think we've ever been charged for a shuttle.

"The hotel shuttle busses are for Crowne Plaza, AC Hotel Bella Sky and Marriott (and in the near future also Hilton) "

Danish Viking - Thank you so much for taking the time to explain in detail on how to get around. At the beginning of the pictures (2 pages back) you stated that one of the hotels for the shuttle busses is Marriott. Which Marriott are you referring to? I ask b/c we will be staying at the CPH Marriott Hotel at KB 5 and the site says no shuttle busses from the airport.

Danish Viking: we arrive in Copenhagen on May 31st and will be there 3 nights before our cruise. Looking at budget hotels I have two reservations. Wake UP Copenhagen Carsten Gade and Hotel Rye on Ryesgrade just north of the last lake. Provided the weather is good,my husband and I will walk for miles, and have no issue using public transportation. Can you give me your insight as to which you think is the better location? We are thinking of just taking a taxi from the airport as we will be tired, but we are willing to do public transportation to the pier for embarkation. We will be leaving from Oceankaj. I appreciate your help.