December Seas Sydney to Bali

My husband and I are looking at a cruise from Sydney to Bali next December because it goes to Komodo and PNG, both places on our bucket list.

I have done some reading which gives me the impression the seas can be rough, with lots of rain, at this time of year. The weather can cause skipped ports and/or disappointing shore excursions.

What are your experiences on these cruises in December? Are the seas really bad? I live in Florida so I know lots of people cruise the Caribbean during hurricane season, sometimes with no issues and sometimes with major issues. Is it the same down under?

Thanks for everyone's help.

My husband and I are looking at a cruise from Sydney to Bali next December because it goes to Komodo and PNG, both places on our bucket list.

I have done some reading which gives me the impression the seas can be rough, with lots of rain, at this time of year. The weather can cause skipped ports and/or disappointing shore excursions.

What are your experiences on these cruises in December? Are the seas really bad? I live in Florida so I know lots of people cruise the Caribbean during hurricane season, sometimes with no issues and sometimes with major issues. Is it the same down under?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Yes, it is the same. Our cyclone season is from November to April, however, there have been more cyclones forming at the end of the season than at the beginning lately.

I cruised from Singapore to Sydney one December when the seas weren't rough.

Across the top it is also the wet —monsoon season.

So much higher chance of heavy rain, hotter weather, and much higher humidity.

When I worked up there, we would regularly have hot and humid, but often sunny days. Early evening thunderstorms would roll in and dump a few inches.

Across the top it is also the wet —monsoon season.

So much higher chance of heavy rain, hotter weather, and much higher humidity.

When I worked up there, we would regularly have hot and humid, but often sunny days. Early evening thunderstorms would roll in and dump a few inches.

That is what I would expect. Heat, high humidity, and the likelihood of rain on several days. I don't think you have much more chance of rough seas. The ships' officers do their best to avoid this.