South America Cape Horn on Emerald Princess February 28, 2018

PurpleTraveller

I enjoyed your report very much and it brought back many memories from our trip around the Horn on the Crown, Jan, 2017, Thank you for your photos at Volunteer Point...the whole reason I wanted to go on this trip. We had to skip Stanley due to a medical emergency off the coast of Brazil (we sailed from Rio de Janeiro), and were delayed a whole day. We lost our spot as the NCL ship was there. The rest of the trip was fabulous and enjoyed every minute of it. Loved Glacier Alley, rounding the Cape, and of course Aurelia Glacier!!! We had lunch in Vina del Mar and loved the little town...would love to stay there and really explore as we only had a couple of hours on our bus tour up to Santiago (from Valparaiso) before flying home.

Thank you for your wonderful review and pictures!!

Cheers,

Tracy

Great trip report and photos...thank you! Did you use a tour company for your Peru land portion of your trip and if so which one?
Thanks. We used an Australian travel agent that specializes in South America for our Peru land portion. They booked all our flights, trains, bus trip and hotels and organised our land transportation, tour guides and drivers through a local operator. The local operator in Peru was Setours. We were very impressed with the organisation, transportation, guides and drivers. Everything went seamlessly and we were looked after. It was great to not have to worry about getting ourselves anywhere and to be picked up and delivered to and from airports and hotels and also have great tours.

Sent from my A1601 using Forums mobile app

I enjoyed your report very much and it brought back many memories from our trip around the Horn on the Crown, Jan, 2017, Thank you for your photos at Volunteer Point...the whole reason I wanted to go on this trip. We had to skip Stanley due to a medical emergency off the coast of Brazil (we sailed from Rio de Janeiro), and were delayed a whole day. We lost our spot as the NCL ship was there. The rest of the trip was fabulous and enjoyed every minute of it. Loved Glacier Alley, rounding the Cape, and of course Aurelia Glacier!!! We had lunch in Vina del Mar and loved the little town...would love to stay there and really explore as we only had a couple of hours on our bus tour up to Santiago (from Valparaiso) before flying home.

Thank you for your wonderful review and pictures!!

Cheers,

Tracy

Thank you. I'm so sorry that you missed Volunteer Point as it was a highlight of our cruise but I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your cruise. We really liked Vina Del Mar and would have liked to spend more time there.

Thank you for taking the time to write up such a wonderful review. I especially appreciated all the pictures! My husband and I are doing this cruise next Jan and after reading your posts are even more excited! Thanks again.

- Gaylen

Great trip report and photos...thank you! Did you use a tour company for your Peru land portion of your trip and if so which one?

Not to hijack the thread...we did a 2-week, land-based trip in Peru in 2015 and used "Peru For Less" travel agency. Were very happy with their service. They have standard itineraries but will work with you to customize.

Thanks for the great review and for sharing all the amazing photos! Super excited for this cruise next year :)

Not to hijack the thread...we did a 2-week, land-based trip in Peru in 2015 and used "Peru For Less" travel agency. Were very happy with their service. They have standard itineraries but will work with you to customize.

To echo the above poster, we used the same company in 2017 and had an amazing 12 day customized trip. They took care of everything and it was nice to just go from place to place and enjoy our vacation without worrying about transportation and tour details.

Thank you for the wonderful photos. I would love to take this trip next year, but my husband is disabled and can't walk long distances. We have our own transport chair and we manage quite well with that, but it does have limitations. Were there people on your cruise who used scooters or wheelchairs? If so, did they mange to take shore excursions?

We went to Norway two years ago in June and had a fantastic cruise - I'm sure you will also. It is a beautiful place.

Thank you for taking the time to write up such a wonderful review. I especially appreciated all the pictures! My husband and I are doing this cruise next Jan and after reading your posts are even more excited! Thanks again.

- Gaylen

Thanks. This is a great itinerary and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the great review and for sharing all the amazing photos! Super excited for this cruise next year :)

To echo the above poster, we used the same company in 2017 and had an amazing 12 day customized trip. They took care of everything and it was nice to just go from place to place and enjoy our vacation without worrying about transportation and tour details.

Thank you for reading the review. Hope you have a wonderful cruise next year!

Thank you for the wonderful review and beautiful pictures. My husband and I are doing this cruise in 2019. You have shown us what we can look forward to seeing/experiencing.
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the review and photos. I hope you enjoy your cruise in 2019.

Thank you for the wonderful photos. I would love to take this trip next year, but my husband is disabled and can't walk long distances. We have our own transport chair and we manage quite well with that, but it does have limitations. Were there people on your cruise who used scooters or wheelchairs? If so, did they mange to take shore excursions?

We went to Norway two years ago in June and had a fantastic cruise - I'm sure you will also. It is a beautiful place.

Thanks. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the photos. I did see a couple of people in wheelchairs on the ship and also saw them on shore and there were also a couple of people using scooters on the cruise. You would prossibly be OK on the less active Princess bus excursions. On the only Princess excursion I did which was in Ushuaia, the front seats of the bus were reserved for passengers with disabilities even though no one used them. Also you would have no problem seeing the wonderful scenery such as the glaciers and Cape Horn from the ship. Hope you manage to do the cruise in the future. We are looking forward to Norway. Thank you.

Conclusion

We had a great cruise and an amazing trip to South America. We were so pleased that we were able to get to every port and while the weather wasn't always perfect we still got to see the glaciers and experience rounding the horn.

Emerald Princess is a lovely ship and our cabin was comfortable, quiet and in a great location.

The food was good in the Dining Room and Horizon Court and great at the Crown Grill. We ate most lunches at the International Cafe which we love.

We enjoyed the entertainment we saw, particularly Teacake Ferguson. We also enjoyed the movies and concerts we saw at MUTS. The enrichment lectures were interesting and we really enjoyed the presentation by Kirsten and Ville Jokinen. Julio's destination presentations were also great.

The crew were friendly and helpful and we had good service throughout the cruise.

We met many lovely people on the cruise and most were friendly and happy to have a chat and a laugh.

The best experience on the cruise was rounding Cape Horn and the Amalia Glacier was stunning but there was so much wonderful and beautiful scenery it is hard to choose.

The best excursion was to Volunteer Point in the Falklands with Estancia Excursions. The king penguins were fantastic to see and I had a wonderful day.

This was a great cruise with beautiful scenery, interesting ports and wonderful experiences.

Thank you for following along and thank you for the lovely comments. They are truly appreciated. Where are we cruising to next? We are sailing on Sapphire Princess to Norway - Land of the Midnight Sun in June 2019. Until then, Bon Voyage!

[ATTACH]418807[/ATTACH]

Thanks for a great review and I will look forward to your Sapphire review, as I will be sailing Celebrity to Norway in 2019.

Kudos!

Norris

Thanks for a great review and I will look forward to your Sapphire review, as I will be sailing Celebrity to Norway in 2019.

Kudos!

Norris

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to cruising to Norway in June 2019 and I'll post my Sapphire review after my return. Hope you have a wonderful Norway cruise next year on Celebrity. [emoji2]

• 4 weeks later...