Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Hi all!

Ann ~ yes, it's amazing the topics you can find on Cruise Critic!!

I think this is a really good season, larger models, enthusiastic judges & a group of designers who tend to support one another.

Christian does give his opinion quite a bit, more than Tim I'd say.

Have a nice weekend & see you next week.

~ Jo ~ 😊

15 hours ago, rtdiva said:
15 hours ago, rtdiva said:

Hmmmmm......lack of bees, lack of flowers, lack of color. In a nut shell possibly a lack of food. I’d design a dress that has a lack of color.  A dress in vertical stripes of black, whites, gray, winter colors. Sort of what the vegetation looks like after a fire.  Perhaps a touch of yellow to indicate the possibility of nature replenished. 

I cant believe I’m writing about Project Runway on CC!

On that note; while we watch PR for entertainment it’s good, IMO, PR is addressing social issues, I don’t feel too guilty watching the show. Over and over and over👀

Ann 

Saw a pin/necklace for the save the Bees cause that featured honeycomb. Using that shape as a design motif could have been nice. But they wouldn't have liked it no matter.

18 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

I fell asleep the last 5 minutes of the show and don't know who was eliminated. 

You can Google it.

If you ask me, the bottom two should have gone home. Their looks were awful: one didn't fit and one wasn't want the client wanted (despite the designer's repeatedly stating that it was).

I agree with about the bottom two looks. I was very irritated to see the one designer basically lie about what her lady wanted. I thought the top 3 did an amazing job...really stepped up to the challenge and somehow managed to give their ladies what they were looking for but elevating the lady's ideas into something so much more fashionable. When the blue dress walked...I was shocked at how TALL she looked. Such a lovely design, but I agree, not super innovative.

I loved the challenge. I often wonder if the "clients" that have bottom score dresses...especially if they are poorly made are somehow compensated with another dress? I put myself in their shoes and I think how disappointing it must be to be there with a sad dress for what should be a really fun experience.

What I appreciated most about this episode was the care and sensitivity the judges showed when evaluating the dresses in the presence of the clients. Especially the bottom 3. Overall, I think this is a great season. I'm enjoying it so much.

What I wonder is if Christian mentors more than Tim Gunn or if it is just shown more. I don't know that Tim did design work of his own? Or if he was always more of a teacher / mentor type person. I read his book and now I can't remember. Tim's comments might naturally fall more into the leading and guiding and trying to get the designer to make decisions with more information without offering too much direct advise, whereas Christian, since he is a working designer, definitely expresses his thoughts more directly and then just let the designer decide to heed the advice or not. 

• Like 2

I am eager to see their collections. It should be interesting when they have free rein to decide what to do, not having to conform to the dictates of a particular challenge. Will Christian be visiting them “at home” to mentor them? 

2 hours ago, lsb48154 said:

I am eager to see their collections. It should be interesting when they have free rein to decide what to do, not having to conform to the dictates of a particular challenge. Will Christian be visiting them “at home” to mentor them? 

The preview of next week's episode showed Christian visiting the designers.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:07 PM, Anita Latte said:

What I wonder is if Christian mentors more than Tim Gunn or if it is just shown more. I don't know that Tim did design work of his own? Or if he was always more of a teacher / mentor type person. I read his book and now I can't remember. Tim's comments might naturally fall more into the leading and guiding and trying to get the designer to make decisions with more information without offering too much direct advise, whereas Christian, since he is a working designer, definitely expresses his thoughts more directly and then just let the designer decide to heed the advice or not. 

On Wikipedia there's nothing about Tim Gunn designing, though he as chief creative officer for Liz Claibourne, but I suspect that has to do with approving not designing.

I was happy with the final four. From the very beginning Sebastian has been my favorite, but who knows? I've been a bit miffed with the person who didn't make it several times over the season. BTW, her line is called "Grind and Glaze" if you want to check out her stuff.

I think the right decision was made for the final three given the circumstances and what the three presented. I felt for the eliminated designer but I really admire the attitude and thoughts portrayed by that designer as they left. Really looking forward to seeing the entire collections walk next week.

Am I correct in that the designers final runway will NOT be at fashion week? Or rather have happened at fashion week? Wondering if that is allowing the show more control over the reveals and save some money, not having to fund other designers's lines for camouflage.

Slightly off topic...but we've been watching the French Open and when the coverage switched to NBC Sports from the Tennis Channel...NBC had one of those scan me type pictures on the screen that you can scan with your phone to be able to find the sponsored outfits that the players were wearing on the court. Makes me wonder if Bravo may go in that direction as well eventually as they have done so many buy the winning outfits during this season.

Hi all!

What an amazing season & great ending. I loved that beautiful building where they had the finale.

The collections were lovely & I think the best person won.

Wonder when the next season begins?! I really liked the team after thinking I'd miss Heidi & Tim, they were great. The constant Nina is my favourite of them all.

See you next season!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree -- I was surprised, too, but judging by only this one challenge, I liked his designs best.

i would be interested in a special episode about what previous winners end up doing, after mentoring and funds to start their own lines. Or even how some of the talented runners-up do.

• Like 1