What Ship and where are you going Summer 2019?

Firstly, thought I would start this new thread to replace the "Don't book with Marella...etc" one.

So we can post positive statements on what we friendly people are doing over Summer 2019.

I know you can't book anything until 5th April 2018 but we have to start somewhere, and as I already have a brochure and have been answering questions in Summer 2019? thread, I thought this new one would be better for posting what we are upto rather than asking questions on "What ship is where?, doing what ports of call? etc"

Really fancying Asia but think we will wait for some reviews before taking the plunge!

Hi iam not being pessimistic but do you think these asian cruises will be for ever like the Caribbean or is it testing the water, like the the Dubai cruise witch became a flop, and one season only, but notice P.O are giving it a try with Oceana will have to wait and see. were else could they go.

Firstly, thought I would start this new thread to replace the "Don't book with Marella...etc" one.

So we can post positive statements on what we friendly people are doing over Summer 2019.

I know you can't book anything until 5th April 2018 but we have to start somewhere, and as I already have a brochure and have been answering questions in Summer 2019? thread, I thought this new one would be better for posting what we are upto rather than asking questions on "What ship is where?, doing what ports of call? etc"

Hi Saus pud

one more thing, if Sky Sea golden era has finished with her chinese operators and is given back to R.C. I 2nd of september 2018 say one month for a big refit, that means seven months stood idle i see something else in the very near future is going to happen its a long time to be idle what do you think.

Hi Saus pud

one more thing, if Sky Sea golden era has finished with her Chinese operators and is given back to R.C. I 2nd of September 2018 say one month for a big refit, that means seven months stood idle I see something else in the very near future is going to happen its a long time to be idle what do you think.

I was understanding that she was being transformed in the new year (2019) but the refit and in-service time frame is around 3 months. It won't take that long unless there is major work to be done. We can only speculate at this stage until she leaves service and sees what happens.

As this ship wasn't the planned one, but the Germans have demanded to keep Mein Schiff 2, so there is a "dead" change over period and I think she will sit longer in dry dock/port than be in service early.

I believe that the refit planned with new verandah area added instead of kids clubs will take 4 weeks to carry out.

Not even been on our first cruise yet (Discovery, magnificent fjords, july 2018) but I am sure we will love it- so im interested in seeing what cruises are leaving from Southampton summer 19. Not really a fan of airports so leaving from a British port is ideal.

Not even been on our first cruise yet (Discovery, magnificent fjords, july 2018) but I am sure we will love it- so im interested in seeing what cruises are leaving from Southampton summer 19. Not really a fan of airports so leaving from a British port is ideal.

**** WARNING ****

You will be hooked on cruising after the first week and won't want to do any other type of holiday.

as for your summer cruise, all questions and answers are available in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2598652

so please ask your question in there. Thank you.

**** WARNING ****

You will be hooked on cruising after the first week and won't want to do any other type of holiday.

We were told this when we did our first cruise and it's true we are hooked! However we still love other holidays as well as holidays in the good old UKclear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Popped into the TA this morning to pick up a brochure, went to Costa for a coffee, looked at the brochure, went back to the TA, booked Lands of Fire & Ice, Explorer from Newcastle 27 July 2019 :D

Well done, nice work my good man. But what cabin did you book and did you pick the number?

A lovely cruise that one and you will pass into the Arctic Circle on the evening sail on Day 4 after leaving port Akureyi. If this is your first time crossing, go to the pool deck party, if you have done it before then go and watch the others take part.

Well done, nice work my good man. But what cabin did you book and did you pick the number?

A lovely cruise that one and you will pass into the Arctic Circle on the evening sail on Day 4 after leaving port Akureyi. If this is your first time crossing, go to the pool deck party, if you have done it before then go and watch the others take part.

Outside single deck 4/5, any one will do.

I will be out on deck a lot whale watching.

Outside single deck 4/5, anyone will do.

I will be out on deck a lot whale watching.

They are all the same, so anyone of them is great and no need for the £48 fee.

Also, you will deffo see Whales around day 5 evening and day 6 evening but not in Norway, but you never know.

Enjoy.

They are all the same, so anyone of them is great and no need for the £48 fee.

Also, you will deffo see Whales around day 5 evening and day 6 evening but not in Norway, but you never know.

Enjoy.

Saw Orca feeding on a bait ball not 100 yards from the ship as we cruised past. Thomson Spirit off the Lofoten Islands at around midnight. David Attenborough would be jealous :p

If no whales there might be Dolphins or seals or birds of all sorts.

For summer 2019 anywhere on any ship with flights from Scotland that don't have us arriving on the ship in the late evening and departing the ship very early in the morning and without extortionate flight supplements.

For winter 2019 Asia or the Caribbean if flights available from Scotland.

Otherwise different cruise line for us again.

For summer 2019 anywhere on any ship with flights from Scotland that don't have us arriving on the ship in the late evening and departing the ship very early in the morning and without extortionate flight supplements.

For winter 2019 Asia or the Caribbean if flights available from Scotland.

Otherwise different cruise line for us again.

Have you looked at the new brochure or online today?