My review of our Island Tour with Thomas Vincent

davela2

Like so many other travelers, I'm always hesitant about doing excursions other than those offered by the cruise ships. But we took a chance with Thomas. Absolutely no regrets, the island tour was amazing. I found 6 others on my ship, so the 8 of us hired his van, and there were 8 more that wanted to go so he arranged another van. The communication between me and Thomas before the cruise was great, he always emailed me back promptly and answered all my questions. When we got off the ship and saw all those taxis, I looked around, joking that I hoped that the blue Mercedes van was ours. It was! We were comfortably seated. Thomas was amazing, and true to his tour description. He told us all about the island, it's history, geography, economy, population, etc. He even told us about his life which made the tour so much more personal. We never felt rushed at each stop, he allowed us as much time as we needed. At the waterfall, he brought out juice and pastries that he and his wife had baked. The other van sort of followed us around, and his other driver, Sebastian, was equally fantastic. He and Sebastian toured all the sites with us, explaining everything as we walked around. At the rum distillery, Thomas arranged for all the rum tastings, again making the day more special. We drove back along the scenic coast, stopping for some lunch and beverages. Upon our return, he dropped some of us off in town, and the rest back at the ship. I can honestly say this tour was one of the best tours ever in my many, many cruises. Overall and amazing day, and worth every dollar spent!!

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 6:54 AM, davela2 said:

Like so many other travelers, I'm always hesitant about doing excursions other than those offered by the cruise ships. But we took a chance with Thomas. Absolutely no regrets, the island tour was amazing. I found 6 others on my ship, so the 8 of us hired his van, and there were 8 more that wanted to go so he arranged another van. The communication between me and Thomas before the cruise was great, he always emailed me back promptly and answered all my questions. When we got off the ship and saw all those taxis, I looked around, joking that I hoped that the blue Mercedes van was ours. It was! We were comfortably seated. Thomas was amazing, and true to his tour description. He told us all about the island, it's history, geography, economy, population, etc. He even told us about his life which made the tour so much more personal. We never felt rushed at each stop, he allowed us as much time as we needed. At the waterfall, he brought out juice and pastries that he and his wife had baked. The other van sort of followed us around, and his other driver, Sebastian, was equally fantastic. He and Sebastian toured all the sites with us, explaining everything as we walked around. At the rum distillery, Thomas arranged for all the rum tastings, again making the day more special. We drove back along the scenic coast, stopping for some lunch and beverages. Upon our return, he dropped some of us off in town, and the rest back at the ship. I can honestly say this tour was one of the best tours ever in my many, many cruises. Overall and amazing day, and worth every dollar spent!!

Can you please give contact information on the tour? I am sure if others had the info, they too would like to book with him!

• 3 years later...
On 4/4/2018 at 9:54 AM, davela2 said:

Most private tours are very well run. They are usually less expensive and cater to much smaller groups, allowing more time to see more sights. You shouldn’t be surprised with the quality of Sebastian’s tour, it’s the norm.

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 6:54 AM, davela2 said:

Do you have the contact details for this tour?

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 8:54 AM, davela2 said:

Which tour did you do?

• 3 months later...