Ruby Oct. 2018 drydock

Chad_O

I know the Ruby is scheduled for a drydock in Oct. 2018. Will that involve a change to the Trident Grill and the ice cream venue?

I would say that is a safe assumption. Changes to Prego's as well.....:):):)

Bob

You never know what will happen until the ship returns to service. Caribbean Princess was the first ships with the updated Salty Dog Grill and Cups & Cones. The next ship of the same Grand-class iteration that went to drydock--Grand Princess--only received Cups & Cones, not Salty Dog Grill.

Now Crown Princess--the last of the four versions of the Grand-class--has updated the Grill, Ice Cream and Pizza stations (the latter two being adjacent on that ship) Since Ruby is the exact same build, one would think that the cost of that redesign would be spread among more than one ship. But as per the example of CB and Grand, not always entirely so.

Just the date info I was looking for ! :)

We are booked again for Feb 2019, after sailing on her this past March, and in 2017. Both sailings we had plumbing issues, so I was hoping they would address this.

Probably not in a 10 day wet or dry dock. :(

Patti

SHIP RUBY

DOCKED 9/30/18

RETURN TO SERVICE 10/13/18

#DAYS 13

LOCATION VICTORIA

REASON ROUTINE / OCEAN MEDALLION??

The comment about the medallion is from cruise critic

As far as plumbing, drains on all ship much smaller than at home due to limited space. Any change would require a complete rebuild of every bathroom and drain line.

SHIP RUBY

DOCKED 9/30/18

#DAYS 13

LOCATION VICTORIA

As far as plumbing, drains on all ship much smaller than at home due to limited space. Any change would require a complete rebuild of every bathroom and drain line.

Thank you. That means Ruby will be in service 9 days before my cruise on 10/22. Happy Happy

Just the date info I was looking for ! :)

We are booked again for Feb 2019, after sailing on her this past March, and in 2017. Both sailings we had plumbing issues, so I was hoping they would address this.

Probably not in a 10 day wet or dry dock. :(

Patti

On our 28 day sailing last October on Emerald they were doing pluming stuff on Caribe Deck - Aft on Port side. Someone in our roll call was in C752 and said they were constantly cutting into the plumbing pipes along that area of the passageway. She said they were adding clean out sections to alleviate the plumbing clogs. We had no issues on Starboard side but she said the stench was terrible on her side of the ship. She was not at all happy.They were actually cutting into the pipes to change things around. Sooooo... Plumbing repairs "might" actually come into play. One never really knows what will happen but I agree that, even if they do similar plumbing changes, no massive changes will be planned in such a short refurbishment. Most likely just the routing items will be done.

On our 28 day sailing last October on Emerald they were doing pluming stuff on Caribe Deck - Aft on Port side. Someone in our roll call was in C752 and said they were constantly cutting into the plumbing pipes along that area of the passageway. She said they were adding clean out sections to alleviate the plumbing clogs. We had no issues on Starboard side but she said the stench was terrible on her side of the ship. She was not at all happy.They were actually cutting into the pipes to change things around. Sooooo... Plumbing repairs "might" actually come into play. One never really knows what will happen but I agree that, even if they do similar plumbing changes, no massive changes will be planned in such a short refurbishment. Most likely just the routing items will be done.

Thank you. :)

We were midship on Caribe in March, and midship in 2017. We were very unhappy, as we reported it several times, as did our room steward. Makes us wary of that class of ship.

The plumber told us it was from problems on Baja deck and baby wipes but multiple times??

Patti

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. :)

We were midship on Caribe in March, and midship in 2017. We were very unhappy, as we reported it several times, as did our room steward. Makes us wary of that class of ship.

The plumber told us it was from problems on Baja deck and baby wipes but multiple times??

Patti

Some times they get the clog undone, but not out of the pipes so the problem ends up down stream. Other times, the items are caught in multiple locations up stream and then as they let go, they can keep clogging a vulnerable spot.

I think they should design the toilet so that is any foreign object not allowed in the system is flushed, that room's toilet backs up.

We're on the Ruby cruise immediately before this dry/wet dock. Any thoughts on the potential impact on passengers as they prepare for it?

All depends on what work they plan to do. We experienced something similar years ago. During cruise, deck around one pool had artificial turf pulled up and under lying material was being ground down by power tools. We were told it was to get a head start on work needed.

Don't under estimate what can be done during a 10 day visit to a shipyard. The Caribbean Princess had only a 12 day shipyard visit starting in March of 2017. She came out of the shipyard with the changes of the Trident Grill to the Salty Dog Grill, Prego Pizza to the Slice Pizzeria, and Scoops Ice Cream to Coffee and Cones venues. In addition there was done a major change of the Horizon Court buffet to the World Fresh Marketplace.and the addition of Planks BBQ and Steamers Seafood specialty dining options in the former Caribe Cafe areas.

With the knowledge gained during the experience of making these changes to the Caribbean Princess in 12 days, it is possible that the same changes could be made to the Ruby in just 10 days.

But history has proven that with Princess, fleet-wide changes do not go as quickly as originally planned.

How many ships are still waiting for the "On Demand" TV programing and new beds?

• 2 months later...

We disembarked the Ruby Princess on Saturday. At the Most Traveled Passengers cocktail party we were told that they are installing the wiring upgrades necessary for the Ocean Medallion in addition to 'normal' drydock upgrades.

We disembarked the Ruby Princess on Saturday. At the Most Traveled Passengers cocktail party we were told that they are installing the wiring upgrades necessary for the Ocean Medallion in addition to 'normal' drydock upgrades.

I heard the same thing three weeks ago. Take a look at the ***** stays thread and find my long post and see if there is something you can add?

• 4 weeks later...

The Ruby’s last day in Seattle will be September 29 and she will return to cruising October 13 in Vancouver. She’ll be in drydock in Victoria, BC which is equidistant between Seattle and Vancouver. Prep for Ocean Medallion is the primary reason for the drydock as she was last in drydock in 2015. But while in Victoria they will do some routine maintenance and renovations.

SHIP RUBY

DOCKED 9/30/18

#DAYS 13

LOCATION VICTORIA

How could that be, I’m sailing on Nov 3 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How could that be, I’m sailing on Nov 3 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship is drydocked from September 30 to October 12th. Our cruise is the 1st one after it leaves drydock, October 13 to 18. The ship will be ‘ready’. Your cruise is 22 days after the ship leaves drydock.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Crown had the Trident Grill converted to the Salty Dog Grill, Prego Pizzeria converted to Slice Pizzeria, and Scoops Ice Cream converted to Coffee and Cones. However, the Horizon Court was not converted to the World Fresh Marketplace and Cafe Caribe was not converted to Planks BBQ and Steamers. My “un”educated guess is that will be the same for the Ruby. She will probably get the new antennas for the improved WiFi and wiring for Ocean Medallion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums