Ruby Oct. 2018 drydock

Chad_O

During drydock the Ruby had a complete cleaning and refresh, new carpets and flooring.  Our Mini-suite had a new floor in the bathroom.  The ice cream shop on deck 15 is now branded ‘Coffee and Cones’ and sells New Ground Coffee.  Astroturfs on deck have been replaced.  The Trident Grill  burger place is now branded ‘The Salty Dog Grill’  and you can buy up items from the Salty Dog Gastro Pub after 1130 AM.  Staterooms have new wall mounted flat screen TVs (40”?).  The Ocean Medallion equipment has been installed but it is not yet operational.  Every door has an iPad sized screen and there are larger flat screen all over the place, now just showing ads, but have the Ocean Medallion reader.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:42 AM, nukesubsailor said:

How many ships are still waiting for the "On Demand" TV programing and new beds?

I hate to hear that there are still ships waiting for the new beds and On Demand tv -- both are wonderful.  Sure hope Ruby is getting them during this dry dock!!

On 4/25/2018 at 7:40 AM, TheRabbit said:

Some times they get the clog undone, but not out of the pipes so the problem ends up down stream. Other times, the items are caught in multiple locations up stream and then as they let go, they can keep clogging a vulnerable spot.

I think they should design the toilet so that is any foreign object not allowed in the system is flushed, that room's toilet backs up.

This has to be the best idea ever - please some clever person invent some type of catch grate for EVERY cabin toilet so this very thing happens and denial is pointless 🤩 😆

On 10/17/2018 at 8:22 AM, GloriaF said:

I hate to hear that there are still ships waiting for the new beds and On Demand tv -- both are wonderful.  Sure hope Ruby is getting them during this dry dock!!

Dry dock not needed to change out bedding. Have seen a pile of over 30 mattresses piled up at normal trip turn around.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, GloriaF said:

New beds and linens(loved them), we were on the ship out of Vancouver out of dry dock.  Had the new TV's but no demand, so, disappointed, spoiled with demand on the Regal, but assume and hope they will get the TV's programed.  As stated new carpets, our first time on the Ruby, it was clean and polished, staff was great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseblues2013 said:

New beds and linens(loved them), we were on the ship out of Vancouver out of dry dock.  Had the new TV's but no demand, so, disappointed, spoiled with demand on the Regal, but assume and hope they will get the TV's programed.  As stated new carpets, our first time on the Ruby, it was clean and polished, staff was great.

Any info as to schedule of ***** installs?

• Haha 1

Interesting.  We're leaving tomorrow - didn't get one of these.

I wonder if they still have milkshakes at what is now Coffee & Cones?  Well, I guess we'll know soon enough.  Hope they haven't changed the pizza.

On the same cruise as Pamster.  I didn't think we'd be calling on Cabo with the effects from Willa around, but it seems the wind forcasts are much better today.  70 mph gusts have left  the forcast, and that's not tender friendly.

We received the same email from Princess regarding the changes to the Ruby even though we are not booked on the ship as yet.  Appears that all of us will get the email.  Question then is what is being changed on the Ruby configuration.  I suppose more information will be posted on here in the future.

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

We received the same email from Princess regarding the changes to the Ruby even though we are not booked on the ship as yet.  Appears that all of us will get the email.  Question then is what is being changed on the Ruby configuration.  I suppose more information will be posted on here in the future.

LOL! I'm booked on the Ruby and I haven't gotten the e-mail yet!:classic_laugh:

On 10/20/2018 at 1:14 PM, Porky55 said:

This has to be the best idea ever - please some clever person invent some type of catch grate for EVERY cabin toilet so this very thing happens and denial is pointless 🤩 😆

The drain lines in your home are at least 2" and go to larger pipes as they leave the house, most being 4" or larger. Because the decks and walls so thin, majority of sewer lines only 1 1/2".

On 10/20/2018 at 10:48 PM, cruiseblues2013 said:

Thanks for answering my question.  Love the on demand tv, hope they get it soon.

For those of you on the Ruby now, please let me know how the sound is on Movies Under The Stars. On the Princess web site it says "Enhanced 7.1 surround sound for an immersive audio experience". 

Previously all speakers had the same mono sound. With 7.1 you would have seven channels of sound, similar to a movie theatre or a home theatre system.

On the Ruby at Cabo today. Others have mentioned the changes to the pizza, burger and ice cream venues before. The now have Crown Grill entrees on the menu in the main dining rooms for an extra charge but it can be for one person rather than everyone in a party in the actual venue. The cabin doors work off the panels like they will with medallions only using the cruise card.  There is a motion/light sensing light under the lbottom lip of one of the nightstands   More later. 

2 hours ago, shrewsdog said:

The sound is OK, but the screen is unwatchable.  Around half of the "blocks" that make up the screen are discolored giving an extreme pixelated appearance.

IMG_2493[1].JPG

Are you kidding? That's what the screen looks like now? 

Some of the red/blue diagonal distortion is an artifact of taking the picture on my iPhone, but the lighter and darker squares are reproduced correctly.  There were a  few movies I wanted to see, but just couldn't take the poor quality. 

We will see for ourselves soon. We board Ruby for 7 days on November 10. Then we have a one night hotel stay before boarding Coral for 19 days. We'll do a MUTS comparison. 🙂 I know I recently read about one of the ships replacing the MUTS screen but can't for the life of me remember which one it was. D'Oh!