Picking my time to board

skoolbusdrvr

I had the same question and a cc member told me about 200 days. I spoke to someone at Carnival after that and asked them that question while we were on the phone and he said it opens up 6 months out. I am on a 11/18/18 cruise so I am also anxiously waiting on picking a time!

Just did mine yesterday for Sept sailing. Had to be paid in full before I could pick boarding time.

This has not been the case in the past.

The option has always popped up in the on-line check-in section at approximately 180 days prior to sailing.

You don't have to complete the check-in process either. It shows as an option, just as bed arrangement does.

Hi,

You are not picking "boarding time". You are picking "check in time" which is quite different! After you check in (at your time) you will wait to board after weddings, platinum/diamond, suites and folks with Faster to the Fun.

Only then will others begin to be allowed to board.

Just did mine yesterday for Sept sailing. Had to be paid in full before I could pick boarding time.

Incorrect ! Once "check-in" times are posted to your cruise, everyone can use the online check-in to pick their check-in time.

You must be fully paid to print a boarding pass.

Is there an advantage to choosing an "arrival" time? I've never had the option on previous cruises. I usually arrive as early as I can to beat the rush. We're sailing out of Vancouver in Sep. Any advice? Thanks!

Is there an advantage to choosing an "arrival" time? I've never had the option on previous cruises. I usually arrive as early as I can to beat the rush. We're sailing out of Vancouver in Sep. Any advice? Thanks!

With staggered check-in (assuming your port now does that), arriving 'as early as you can' is no longer an option unless you somehow enjoy standing around outside the building! It's being implemented to 'force' spreading out the arrivals over a greater period of time. Obviously all thousands of guests can't be the first on the ship. So sign-up for check-in at the earliest opportunity you are comfortable with that is made available to you. You can arrive anytime after that slot and be admitted.

For those that are new to it....... It's FANTASTIC. By spreading the crowd out, the whole process is 100% more pleasant. Again, not everyone can be first.

Carnival prefers that everyone choose a check-in time online that best matches when you'll actually arrive. This helps staggered check-ins to run as efficiently as possible. With that said, you can pick a time and show up anytime after that, but if you show up before your chosen time, they will not let you in the terminal. If you're not priority boarding, then you'll be assigned a boarding zone number depending on when you checked in. So if you want to get on board as soon as possible (without priority of some kind) then you should choose the earliest check-in time available to you in order to get a lower boarding zone number.

All they've really done is add another control point at the front door thereby strongly discouraging everyone from clogging the port at the same time. It's simple and brilliant. Folks simply now know to hang a little longer at their hotel. All good.

DW and I are heading to Alaska in just a few weeks. We're self-selecting (nothing formal) a relatively late boarding on a sister company's ship for two reasons. 1) Our flight is getting in quite late (given the 3 hour time change) the night before and 2) we're going to make our embarkation transport part of a 'mini-tour' prior to the cruise. I'm hoping that by the time we board, 2000 will already be aboard and the process will be a breeze. #pacingourselves

Go as late as possible! Not only are the queues lower (you may have 2 other ships sharing the pier, so regardless of Carnival's processes you have to fight with the other cruiseline pax who may have totally different suggested arrival times...) later, but you get more sightseeing time in one of the best cities on the planet.

Since it sounds like this is your first time here, unless you're arriving a week pre-cruise to do us justice, you NEED to squeeze as much time as you possibly can into your pre- (and post- if RT) cruising time in port!!!