Where does Regal dock in New York?

canwegonow

We're looking at a Canada/New England itinerary in the fall of 2019. Where does the Regal Princess dock in New York--Red Hook or Manhattan? Every time we've sailed out of the city it's been from the Manhattan piers, and we generally take a bus from home into the Port Authority bus terminal and then cab it to the pier. Would that still be feasible if the ship docks at Red Hook? (As you can probably tell, I really don't know New York at all). Thanks for your help!

We’ve done Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale (end of season) 4 times on Princess and docked at Red Hook every time. But that wasn’t embarking or debarking, just a port day. There is always much discussion on the CC thread about which NY pier will be used and Princess gives people various answers, yet it has been Red Hook as a port stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're looking at a Canada/New England itinerary in the fall of 2019. Where does the Regal Princess dock in New York--Red Hook or Manhattan? Every time we've sailed out of the city it's been from the Manhattan piers, and we generally take a bus from home into the Port Authority bus terminal and then cab it to the pier. Would that still be feasible if the ship docks at Red Hook? (As you can probably tell, I really don't know New York at all). Thanks for your help!

We did this itinerary and we left and returned to Red Hook in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you asked this as I didn't realize there was a terminal other than the Manhattan one! We just moved our September 2018 pacific coastal over to a Canada/New England itinerary for the same time on Regal. Timely information, so thanks!

Red hook is in Brooklyn and in a very bad neighborhood.

Went out of Red Hook Sept 2017, Boarding QM2. Stayed in Brooklyn 2 nights prior. Brooklyn Heights & Promenade are great.....check out NU Hotel, Hilton, TripAdvisor hotel reviews.

Red Hook about 15 min by taxi or car. Brooklyn 45-60 min from JFK by car.

I would add that with Red Hook as a port stop, we took the water ferry last year over to Manhattan. Just steps away from the ship and very inexpensive, convenient & quick way to get there. Earlier cruises, we tried city bus / subway. [emoji1304]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree. It can be dangerous to walk around the area, day, or night. Stay away from the public housing area. Especially if you are not “street smart”, or elderly.

Dangerous because of drug dealers and addicts. Some gang activity. And, because sketchy street people checking you out to see if you are an easy mark.

So, be careful should you decide to walk around the area. Better to take a cab or Uber if you want to see other areas of Brooklyn, or go to NYC.

Be safe, and hope you enjoy your cruise. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Yes Red Hook

ac17aeb1596066b3daf00f0de1984f91.jpg

f8306f06320620ddf5d5daa150e95cf2.jpg

431e05e6097a194f374ecf9ec87e36fc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The last time we boarded the Regal at Red Hook, it was a total disaster. We stood in a huge line for over 1.5 hours. We booked the Princess shuttle from the airport which was a fiasco. No one knew what they were doing. Another long wait. We are hoping boarding will be more organized this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk