World Cruising versus Back to Back cruises?

Barefootwoman

As an Australian, I only book overseas cruises after final payment for those very reasons. Our deposits are non refundable and Aussie$/US$ currency exchange rates are too risky to make bookings far ahead. In addition, there is the risk of the cruise itinerary being changed or, at worst, cancelled.

$1000 per couple cancellation fee by Crystal is a bit rich for a late 2020 cruise!

I think you can apply that cancelation fee to another Crystal Cruise so,not a complete loss but yes, it’s an ouch.

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, lovegod01 said:

Do world 🌍 cruisers reguler cruise or do you get any people jump straight in for a full world cruise 

I think you get both kinds.  I've read just lately about several people who are jumping straight in.  We are veteran cruisers, so we know what we would like or not like.  My mum jumped in back in the late 70's, was gone for five months on a freighter, with a handful of other passengers and some officers for company--that was brave but she loved it.

I myself would recommend that you try out the cruise line you are considering FIRST, before you book any long cruise with them.

16 hours ago, lovegod01 said:

We’re is the nicest place you have been to on a cruise 

Really tough question. Nicest? Most spectacular scenery? Best sights? Most antiquities or art? Cutest or most charming? Most interesting?

How about a top five or ten?

French Polynesia, Barcelona,  Istanbul, Honfleur, Sorrento, Rio, Luxor...hard to choose but FP takes the cake for beauty. 

On 12/20/2018 at 1:47 PM, lovegod01 said:

Do world 🌍 cruisers reguler cruise or do you get any people jump straight in for a full world cruise 

My first world cruise is in 5.5 weeks, but it will be my 17th cruise.  Longest one was just 15 days, but I love cruising and am always sad at debarkation so I'm sure I'll love my 161 upcoming days on the ship.

I agree with Wendy the Wanderer....it's probably best to at least sail on the same ship before committing alot of money on a very long trip.  I went on the same ship (Oceania Insignia) last year that I'll be sailing on the world cruise....was very glad because it turned out that the cabin was way too small for my friend and I to enjoy for 6 months, so we booked a larger one. 

• 7 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 11:47 PM, Keith1010 said:

Before jumping into a world cruise I would take a cruise of say 18 days to see if you like it.

All ships and cruise lines are not the same and therefore the World Cruises are not the same so research is key. With that said even with all the research I would not book a world cruise on a specific ship or line until I experienced it on a shorter cruise. I have met people on past world cruises who didn't try out the line and ship in advance and for most of them they were happy on the world cruise but I just think it is wise to check it out.

As to several back to back voyages versus a world cruise I would select the world cruise.

It can be life changing.

On a world cruise a portion of those on board will be on for the entire World Cruise versus say the typical back to back cruises so there is the opportunity to develop life long friendships, to see a lot of areas over the course of a few months and to enjoy the many special events that cruise lines offer during the world cruise on and off the ship.

Keith

Hi Keith,  Which World Cruise did you take?  Do you have a favorite cruise line?  We are trying to decide on which cruise line.  It's hard to pick.  

On 12/21/2018 at 2:07 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

My first world cruise is in 5.5 weeks, but it will be my 17th cruise.  Longest one was just 15 days, but I love cruising and am always sad at debarkation so I'm sure I'll love my 161 upcoming days on the ship.

Update: well, the 161 day world cruise is in the books now and I actually extended for the next 3 cruises after it (on the same ship). I have 2 weeks to go and I'll finally be going home (although this ship truly feels like my home now!). I will have sailed 192 continuous days!

It's been an experience I'll never ever forget...and the crew has become like family! Each morning my favorite crew in the buffet make me my crispy bacon and bring it to my table...and they know how I like my lattes and iced tea. I'm so spoiled that I'm afraid I'll be in for a rude awakening when I get home and I have to do everything myself.   😲

• Like 1