Discovery-which junior suite?

hi. Booked a junior suite on Discovery. When I rang to pre book cabin I was given lots of options. No idea which one to pick, can anyone advise me?

Only been on one cruise before and the side we were on we were looking at port each time we docked which was great, would like to do so again.

Options are-

8020/22/24/44/46/82

8522/24/74/88/90

Thanks in advance 👍

hi. Booked a junior suite on Discovery. When I rang to pre book cabin I was given lots of options. No idea which one to pick, can anyone advise me?

Only been on one cruise before and the side we were on we were looking at port each time we docked which was great, would like to do so again.

Options are-

8020/22/24/44/46/82

8522/24/74/88/90

Thanks in advance 👍

Hi SAVVO

in my own opinion, 8082 any time you have the best of both worlds when docking and departing, very quiet and no soot and a very large balcony two sun loungers two chairs and a table, the only down fall it keeps you very fit walking to and from, Pension cruiser will also help on J.S.

• 7 months later...

We booked cabin 8082 for 2 weeks next year and were particularly pleased with our choice. Since then I have read that you can be moved to another cabin to make way for a family. I knew 8082 was a 4 berth but the possibility of us being moved wasn't mentioned when I booked and paid extra to secure it !! 

I've since emailed Marella customer services and they have agreed its a possibility depending on bookings. 

I think its really bad that they can do this...I was really looking forward to the cruise but all I am thinking about now is if we get moved the irritation it will cause and my complaining of this (probably with no effect) will spoil the start of our cruise.

If youve looked at the deck plans why pay to book a 4 berth for 2 people? The same as people booking 3 berth cabins instead of a 2 berth It actually costs less per person to do this So you should be prepared to move if a family need accommodating. 

We have done 32 cruises with Marella  and always book a 2 berth midships so there is no chance of being moved.

when we sailed with Ocean Village and you could choose your cabin online during the booking process if there were only 2 passengers booking you could not choose a bigger berth cabin which is as it should be. However you could get an upgrade to a bigger berth if there were vacant ones when you embarked - sensible

As you pointed out this is only our second cruise our first wasn’t great as it was only for a week and we were both ill for most of it. As the next is for two weeks and a special occasion  I wanted to reserve a cabin, when I rang and spoke to cust services they told me which ones were available, I chose that one as it looked great and larger balcony etc 

my gripe is that no comment was made about It being for 4 and as there were only 2 of us we may be moved which I think should have been mentioned during the phone call. It does seem strange to me that they take your money to reserve but then can move you!

The fortunate thing is that you have a JS  for your special occasion and they are all ok with special treats that will should give you a memorable cruise its a great ship, we have been on well over fifty cruises with them now and yes the UK operation is not always good but once onboard its a totally different experience. 👍

We had a similar situation.  Booked a report cruise for next year, special wedding anniversary, wanted an "aft" cabin.  Although we booked early, there were no two berths left, so was offered a four berth, which we gladly accepted, paid the upgrade ( none available at the grade we wanted either) and the booking selection fee.  Now wondering if we'll get what we paid for, but hoping, as it's an adult only cruise, and all having grades have sold out, that we'll be ok!

SAVVO - I agree they should have told you before taking your booking fee

we have stayed in the cabin next to our usual one a number of times on Dream which is 3 berth because our usual was booked so we took the risk and we ere told we maybe moved So I'm sorry you weren't Tge problem is if you are moved it's generally not to a cabin where you'd like to be

good luck and have a great cruise

Cruisevirgin66 - you probably have more chance of not being moved as it's an adult only cruise as you say unless there are a number of couples sharing booking your cruise

Have a great cruise