Freedom of the Seas Bucket List

We will be on the Freedom next Saturday for the 2nd time, we love the Freedom class ships. You will love it!! We are bringing two first time cruisers with us, I'm so excited to see their reaction when they board the ship!

We're on that sailing too! Can't wait!! Enjoy!!

Carol

Hello,

It sounds like you plan to take many pictures. My daughter would either go after midnight or first thing in the morning and take a picture of the elevator floor which has the day of the week on it as soon as you enter any of the many elevators. This way it was easy for her to sort what day of the week her pictures were taken.

Just a thought.

D.

You will LOVE Freedom. I agree with most of the comments and suggestions above. Some of our favorite cruise memories involve Freedom. We've sailed on her twice before and in 18 days I will be boarding her again...this time with my DD for a special girls get away.

One thing that you might not realise based on your Bucket List photo is that that the bow of Freedom-Class Ships are accessible. It's not a crew area, but a helipad you can walk up onto.

It's incredible for sail-away (either on the first day or from any port!).

But if you like stargazing it's equally impressive late at night. Some of the best views of stars I've ever had have been up on that helipad at midnight.

It's worth mentioning that there are a few steps (with a hand-rail) and at night you'll need a light - I tend to use the flashlight on my phone.

One of my favourite spots on the Freedom & Voyager class ships.

helipad.jpg.d280fd01d65e9a43321cc4ce61c57145.jpg

We just got home from sailing on Freedom.

make sure you watch the Morning Show while getting ready in the morning. The CD does the show and he tells you what is going on that day.

If you like champagne, go to the art auctions. The $2 mimosas are not bad either.

if there is no line or a short line for the ice cream machine, get ice cream. there is normally a long line.

The artwork on each floor on the stairs is wonderful.

If you get a chance, do the galley tour/brunch. You get to see the kitchens and have a great meal. The executive sous chef might even sing for you,

Flowrider, ice show, rock wall, chocolate breakfast in MDR, Sabor and Chops specialty dining, 70’s night and other theme parties, shows in the theatre in the evening....and lastly...but most important Do NOT miss Tbe Quest and Love and Marriage

If you like the ice show, maybe you would like to skate also. Just have long pants and socks. Skates and helmuts are supplied

Freedom is still one of our favorite ships ever! The size is perfect and the entertainment has been amazing the times we sailed! With it being your first cruise, I’d personally rather not steer you in any specific direction, but definitely explore her!

And if you stop in the photo gallery, check the walls, there may be 1 or 2 pics of people you recognize.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love freedom. Make sure to have coffee delivered at whatever time you want to get up so you can enjoy that on your balcony in the morning. That is how we start every morning on a cruise. She is a great ship. We have been on her 4 times. Order it on your TV before you go to bed and choose your time. You will get a phone call a few minutes before it arrives.

Later in the evening, check out the Bull and Bear pub on the promenade for some good music and drinks. Typically a guy and a guitar ranging from laid back to a little heavier, but has always been great on our trips. We almost always finished our evenings there.

Enjoy!

One activity no one has mentioned that is popular is to stand on the deck or your balcony if you face the port about 15 minutes before the ship leaves and watch the folks failed to watch the time and realize they are about to get left. We like to cheer them on. :D

Bahahaha!!!! love it. :D Many moons ago in St. Maarten I was one of those people. Dh wouldn't speak to me after we did finally make it on board. (It was my fault... I didn't want to leave Orient Beach when he advised we should have.) Now we always head back to the ship whenever he says, and our cruises (and marriage) are much happier for it! :')

Good Morning!

Well my E-Docs loaded yesterday, I've printed off my luggage tags, I've read all the new posts here in the RC Group on CC and I still can't get enough! Can you tell I'm a little excited?

We are officially 44 days away from our 1st cruise ever and I am ready! I've scoured the boards here, there and everywhere (sounds a little like I'm channeling Dr. Suess) for every little grain of info I can find. I've watched and subscribed to so many blogs, vlogs and Instagram accounts that all I see when I sleep is cruise ships, beaches and endless buffets! Is this normal? ;p

Your excitement is so fun and contagious, I wish you were going to be on my sailing! We're going on Freedom on 5/19 (Woohoo!) and reading your post is getting me even more excited for my cruise. :D

I haven't been on FOS yet, but it sounds amazing from what everyone here has shared, and I agree with all of the suggestions that have been made. One other thing we like to do is after dinner in the MDR, and a stroll around the deck, we'll pop into the Windjammer for one more taste of whatever we liked best at dinner, or a little bit more dessert. They serve pretty much the same thing in each place in the evenings. I especially like to do that when there's Key Lime Pie!

RC is wonderful, and we've always had a fabulous time on every ship we have sailed on. The crew work so hard and go out of their way to make passengers happy. I know by your anticipation alone that you will have a fantastic time!

Bahahaha!!!! love it. :D Many moons ago in St. Maarten I was one of those people. Dh wouldn't speak to me after we did finally make it on board. (It was my fault... I didn't want to leave Orient Beach when he advised we should have.) Now we always head back to the ship whenever he says, and our cruises (and marriage) are much happier for it! :')

I remember one cruise in St. Maarten sitting on our balcony watching people running the pier. And hearing lots of jeers and boos. Wonder if that was you doing the running...

I remember one cruise in St. Maarten sitting on our balcony watching people running the pier. And hearing lots of jeers and boos. Wonder if that was you doing the running...

It was a lo-o-o-n-n-n-g-g time ago. I have learned my lesson.

To the OP, if your itinerary includes St. Maarten, be forewarned that afternoon traffic (anytime after 3pm) is brutal, and it will take twice as long as you think it should to get back to the ship.

Freedom is still one of our favorite ships ever! The size is perfect and the entertainment has been amazing the times we sailed! With it being your first cruise, I’d personally rather not steer you in any specific direction, but definitely explore her!

And if you stop in the photo gallery, check the walls, there may be 1 or 2 pics of people you recognize.

Thanks Chase! I'll have to look for those folks!

It was a lo-o-o-n-n-n-g-g time ago. I have learned my lesson.

To the OP, if your itinerary includes St. Maarten, be forewarned that afternoon traffic (anytime after 3pm) is brutal, and it will take twice as long as you think it should to get back to the ship.

Thank you CalypsoGirl for that info! And I appreciate your comment on my excitement, I truly cannot wait! Only 36 more days!

• 2 weeks later...
You will LOVE Freedom. I agree with most of the comments and suggestions above. Some of our favorite cruise memories involve Freedom. We've sailed on her twice before and in 18 days I will be boarding her again...this time with my DD for a special girls get away.

I will be on that cruise with you leaving on May 26th!!!!!

For photographs around the ship, consider waking up early one day. There will be very few people about, so you can take time to set up your various shots. As you probably know the light outside is great at sunrise and sunset.

Good morning CC Peeps! I cannot express my THANKS for all the comments I've read! I wish I could have replied to all of them individually, but alas there's not enough time for that!

I'm truly looking forward to doing everything you've mentioned and having a blast. I am going to give my try at doing a "live" review with tons of photos and such. But then again, it just might be a daily review of my "drink of the moment" LOL! I'll leave you today with the following statement:

Only 24 more days till FREEDOM!

Oh dear.. you’re a first timer.. My .02 is this: A week will go by faster than you think. Use your valuable time going “live”. Soak it all in. Take pictures. Bask in the sun. Play BINGO. Nap. Try something new! This is YOUR time for you.

One thing i wish i had started for myself many (many) years ago was a sand collection. Small snack sized bags of sand of places we’ve been and then poured into little different sized jars and labeled as such. I’d have quite the collection by now!

Just a thought for you..