May On Board Promotion?

39august

Just off Eclipse at the beginning of this month. No change, 2 perks for sailings through April of 2019 for OV through AQ up to all 4 perks for suites, and on board credit as always. After April 2019 through April 2020 only ONE perk for OV & Balcony, 2 perks for C & AQ, and 4 perks for suites

The April offer is good through May 2nd - I have never seen a better offer so doubt very much that the May offer will be any better and could be less - would advise you to book during the April offers.

If i can locate this thread on May 1, I will definitely post this information...

If you have trouble locating this thread at a later date, simply go to your own profile and view your prior posts and you’ll find your post on this thread.

You must have booked a higher category. I am planning on a 1A balcony. Only concierge and above get 2 perks. There are currently no "hump" concierge class cabins for the back to back I am going to book. And we prefer the larger balconies on the hump.

Does anyone have information about what the May booking on board promotion will be? I know what April is, but will be on board from April 29 through May 12 and want to get the best deal.

The future is uncertain, I'm not a magician to guess the promotions of the following month.

Are these perks available for UK guests? What are the perks please?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Just checked the UK website to see how they compare with the US website for a balcony cabin on a Reflection cruise in September 2019.

The US site offers a choice to include one out of four perks:

Classic Beverage Package

Unlimited Internet

Gratuities

$150 OBC per person

In contrast, the UK site offers no choices but does include the Classic Beverage Package.

And at the current exchange rate of 1.4 dollars per pound, the UK fare (non-refundable) for a 1B cabin is about 12% higher than the non-refundable US fare.

Just checked the UK website to see how they compare with the US website for a balcony cabin on a Reflection cruise in September 2019.

The US site offers a choice to include one out of four perks:

Classic Beverage Package

Unlimited Internet

Gratuities

$150 OBC per person

In contrast, the UK site offers no choices but does include the Classic Beverage Package.

And at the current exchange rate of 1.4 dollars per pound, the UK fare (non-refundable) for a 1B cabin is about 12% higher than the non-refundable US fare.

Great, thanks for coming back to me [emoji1]

You must have booked a higher category. I am planning on a 1A balcony. Only concierge and above get 2 perks. There are currently no "hump" concierge class cabins for the back to back I am going to book. And we prefer the larger balconies on the hump.

no - we just booked a standard balcony stateroom 1A or 1B? - on deck 9

we got the 2 perks because that's what they were offering if you booked on board.... at least that's what they told us.

Very interesting. That is not what is shown as a travel agent posted on another thread. I printed that one out and it definitely shows only 1 perk for booking into 2020 for anything less than concierge. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Edited by 39august

no - we just booked a standard balcony stateroom 1A or 1B? - on deck 9

we got the 2 perks because that's what they were offering if you booked on board.... at least that's what they told us.

Probably more like “when you book and not because of booking on board. Pay the Better Price and you always get two perks when booking whether on board or at home. Celebrity does have special promotions where you get two perks when paying for one. (Available wherever you book)

You can check it on the Celebrity website while at home or on the ship.

Obviously the $100 deposit and special OBC for booking on board is actually for booking “on board.”

The BBB pricing program has certainly allowed Celebrity and TA’s to make it seem like they are giving you a deal.

A good example is when people ask, “what is the current booking on board booking offers” and the answer includes one or two perks. Instead of the lower deposit and Extra OBC.

Probably more like “when you book and not because of booking on board. Pay the Better Price and you always get two perks when booking whether on board or at home. Celebrity does have special promotions where you get two perks when paying for one. (Available wherever you book)

Obviously the $100 deposit and special OBC for booking on board is actually for booking “on board.”

The BBB pricing program has certainly allowed Celebrity and TA’s to make it seem like they are giving you a deal.

A good example is when people ask, “what is the current booking on board booking offers” and the answer includes one or two perks. Instead of the lower deposit and Extra OBC.

Agree, the onboard booking reps do not always give the fare with just the one included perk but quote for the ‘better’ rate. This has happened to me onboard previously, until I questioned the rate given ;). It can also depend on the country where your booking is transferred to as to the offer quoted.

I just called Captain's Club to verify the current on board promotion. It is only 1 "free" perk for 2020 bookings unless you book concierge or above. They didn't know what the new promo would be after May 2. I will book April 30 or May 1 and then see what comes up after May 2. If it is a better deal, I'll just cancel and re-book,

On our last cruise, we waited until they offered an additional OBC on the cruise we were on before making our booking. We received a $50 OBC to use on the cruise which I thought was a great added bonus. Hoping to see a similar promotion on our upcoming cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just called Captain's Club to verify the current on board promotion. It is only 1 "free" perk for 2020 bookings unless you book concierge or above. They didn't know what the new promo would be after May 2. I will book April 30 or May 1 and then see what comes up after May 2. If it is a better deal, I'll just cancel and re-book,

Sounds a lot like the promotion for booking not on board.

The perks are not "instead of". The lower deposit and bonus OBC are always offered along with the perks.

Does anyone have information about what the May booking on board promotion will be? I know what April is, but will be on board from April 29 through May 12 and want to get the best deal.

Hi,

The March deal was the same as the April deal. Expect the May deal to be announced on May 2. I expect and hope that they are the same or better. We are onboard Infinity in May.

Jim

The perks are not "instead of". The lower deposit and bonus OBC are always offered along with the perks.

My point is that the perks have nothing to do with booking on board. You get those same perks either way. It is the same as saying you get four pillows in your cabin when you book on board. It leads a lot of people to think they are getting the Perks because they are booking on board when they are in fact getting them because of the BBB which is available to everyone.

The price is the same.

What booking onboard gets you is some extra on-board credit. The amount of that varies depending on the length of cruise and class of stateroom booked.

Recently for a 14 night cruise, Oceanview room it was $ 225.

You also pay a lower deposit per room than you would if you booked from home.

The price is the same.

What booking onboard gets you is some extra on-board credit. The amount of that varies depending on the length of cruise and class of stateroom booked.

Recently for a 14 night cruise, Oceanview room it was $ 225.

You also pay a lower deposit per room than you would if you booked from home.

Great thank-you