HAL boarding pass printing issue - you're not going to believe this!

bluegiraffe

You CAN board without doing the online thing or printing....no worries. Simply have your reservation #.

As I understand it, the problem is to get past port security at FLL and into the building

where HAL's folks will look up your folio from your reservation #?

As I understand it, the problem is to get past port security at FLL and into the building

where HAL's folks will look up your folio from your reservation #?

WEll then, THat is the point. You cannot get into the building without a b oarding pass. . :eek: :rolleyes:

A dead giveaway that HAL is totally aware of the website problems is the fact that the old site is still accessible. They normally would take the old site down when the new site is published online. If the programmers are not 100% comfortable with the new site, the usual procedure is to CYA and keep the old site up and running until the bugs are worked out of the new one.

You CAN board without doing the online thing or printing....no worries. Simply have your reservation #.

Often you CAnnot get into the terminal building without bording pass. as i wrote in my previous post. [quote[ ail 7 seas:

sail 7 seas
Please correct me if I am mistaken but I think I read here that at Port Everglades Terminal , they are not letting anyone into the terminal who does not have a BOarding pass.

So, yes, IMO< worries...............

I don't want to be the poor jerk who has to spend hours checking in because I could not print ay bafrding pass. .Not the way I wan to start my vacation. ARguing my way into the terminal.

Edited by sail7seas

I've been reading about all the problems people have had printing boarding passes, so I tried today to print ours for our upcoming cruise. I've tried everything suggested here, including different browers, etc. No luck.

I then called HAL and was told 1. I didn't know what I was doing. 2. My printer settings must be wrong (no, works just fine on everything else). 3. There are no problems with their website (the supervisor finally agreed that there have been "minor" issues). 4. No one has had any problems printing boarding passes (I told him that there were several posts here on Cruise Critic about just that, but he didn't want to hear it). 5. They could mail me boarding passes - for a $25.00 fee.

I think HAL just lost a customer.

The rep I spoke to immediately emailed the docs to me. They didn't offer to do that?

I suspect that an electronic copy or similar data will be just fine. We do not print very much any more. No point. We keep our reservation numbers or locator numbers on a piece of paper but that is about it.

I DON't have or wnt smart phone............. NO ELECTRONIC version for me.

HAL MUSt provide us with pirnged copies of all paper work THE Y generage and e

I suspect that an electronic copy or similar data will be just fine. We do not print very much any more. No point. We keep our reservation numbers or locator numbers on a piece of paper but that is about it.
I DON't have or want a smart phone............. NO ELECTRONIC version for me. HAL MUSt provide us with pirnted copies of all paper work THE Y generate and require we have for checking IN FOR OUR RUISES . If HAL produces the form, thep aperwork, gthey mugt supply i g to us. We paid f or it.

If people were being denied entry to the port because of missing paperwork, these boards would be filled with tales of such woe and misery. Plenty of people lose their documents or don't print them and manage to make it on the ship.

Why blame the employees? Perhaps they are doing their very best in less than a perfect environment.

Employers typically get the employees that they deserve. There could be a wage issue, or they are understaffed, or there is not enough employee training. Comes down to a competent management tteam, money, and morale.

Why blame the employees? Perhaps they are doing their very best in less than a perfect environment.

Employers typically get the employees that they deserve. There could be a wage issue, or they are understaffed, or there is not enough employee training. Comes down to a competent management tteam, money, and morale.

Because in this case, the employee lied to the customer and belittled t hem. The employee said OP did not know how to use her computer and/or printter and Hal was not having serious problems with the web site. . We KNOW that is not true.

The employee used no common sense, or judgment and ttold OP to pay $25 to get a boarding pass.............. THAT is why I i cririticize t he employee. She did a very bad job with that phone call on that day. She was condescending and belittling and not truthful.

Edited by sail7seas

And I say again...this may be true BUT clearly this is HAL's hire. It is typical for any company to monitor customer conversations for new hires OR when there is a serious issue impacting the company as a whole.

The very first thing company's usually do is create a drawer statement for customers to stick with. Along with the rule that if they don't understand the question or know the answer switch it over to someone who does. This is purely an employee selection and training issue. And it could be caused by wages that do not attract good, long term employees combined with zero customer skills training.

And I say again...this may be true BUT clearly this is HAL's hire. It is typical for any company to monitor customer conversations for new hires OR when there is a serious issue impacting the company as a whole.

The very first thing company's usually do is create a drawer statement for customers to stick with. Along with the rule that if they don't understand the question or know the answer switch it over to someone who does. This is purely an employee selection and training issue. And it could be caused by wages that do not attract good, long term employees combined with zero customer skills training.

So, No mater th e type of business, you sa y c orporate America is ALL the same N. o distinctions. Why does one CEO seem to run a similar company better than another? Why are there ups and downs in all?

Edited by sail7seas

Not saying that at all. All that I am saying is that perhaps HAL is not hiring the right people for the job, perhaps they are not paying enough to attract and retain good people, perhaps HAL does not spend any money on training their people. I don't know.

But I am certainly not implying that all corporate America is the same. This certainly was not the case with the CSR's and the maintenance folks at my former employer. The opposite was the case. The last thing we wanted was someone getting frustrated on our web site, logging off, and buying from a competitor. Or someone on hold abandoning a call or getting poor answers and then calling our competitor. We measured everything from percentage of call abandonment to caller satisfaction etc. It is how well run consumer focussed businesses stay in business and grow their base.

Not saying that at all. All that I am saying is that perhaps HAL is not hiring the right people for the job, perhaps they are not paying enough to attract and retain good people, perhaps HAL does not spend any money on training their people. I don't know.

But I am certainly not implying that all corporate America is the same. This certainly was not the case with the CSR's and the maintenance folks at my former employer. The opposite was the case. The last thing we wanted was someone getting frustrated on our web site, logging off, and buying from a competitor. Or someone on hold abandoning a call or getting poor answers and then calling our competitor. We measured everything from percentage of call abandonment to caller satisfaction etc. It is how well run consumer focussed businesses stay in business and grow their base.

Sounds true to me.

I would Guess, a large number o f pefsons have tried to find cruises that interested them on the HAL site, , got frustrated, and went to another . com I am very sure some people are fed up with phone calls and trying to ge t reliable, prompt information from phone reps. Those "guests "Hung up and called elsewhere

For Pete's Sake sake, I wrote a whole thread here about cancelling a Solo in Neptune Sute b-b booking because I coud l NOT DiD NOt get a confirmation of t he booking. If tHat isn't oVER tHE TOP, what is? I could not get an e-mail con firmation showing my booking and deposit tfor both segments . I have NO booking now and the more I read her the less eager I am to begin looking for somehing I would like to book.

Edited by sail7seas

I DON't have or want a smart phone............. NO ELECTRONIC version for me. HAL MUSt provide us with pirnted copies of all paper work THE Y generate and require we have for checking IN FOR OUR RUISES . If HAL produces the form, thep aperwork, gthey mugt supply i g to us. We paid f or it.

Ummmm, not in the 21st century. If you refuse to come with HAL (and us), see you later!;)

Ummmm, not in the 21st century. If you refuse to come with HAL (and us), see you later!;)

I am one of those ;people who truly does not want to use a smart t phone . I have my lap tops and my 'flip phone' that provides all I want in a cell phone. The ability to make a call in an emergency.

See me later?

Hmmmm,

When was it I was to come with you)? I don't think so. :D

I guess I won't be seeing you later.

So sad, so sorry. :)

Actually, I know so. :D

True, we keep our airline boarding passes on an app on our phones...why not the same for a cruise boarding pass?

I do know that Carnival Corp. hires an outside contractor to handle some if not all customer service calls. I know because I have actually been in one of the call centers near Seattle. They handled all of the cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella in addition to two different airlines and a Travel website. (think little gnome)

So here is the catch. I have been in the call center business. When a company outsources to a call center operation they have several choices regarding the staffing levels. They can go cheap with essentially minimum wage or low wage jobs with no benefits. Or they can go the other way. So outsourcing to a third party call center does not have to be bad. It really depends on the staffing and service levels that have been contracted.