Reflection - Review - Ultimate Caribbean - April 2, 2018 - April 13, 2018

Noreen411

FANTASTIC review. You’re a great writer, and you helped us know what to expect with our upcoming (return) suite experience with Celebrity. We normally cruise with RCCL. Definitely try the Star Class suites. I suggest the Star/Sky Loft Suite. It’s perfect for a Couple, and the Genie helps create a stress-free cruise. Thanks again.

Thank you for your great review. One of my main take a ways, how you two are so much like my wife and I. Easy going and rolling with things as they happen. It makes the trip so much better.

Enjoy all your future travels.

Hi

I agree, it would be a lot harder to have a good time if you can’t roll with the punches.

Thank you for the kind words.

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thoroughly enjoyed your lovely review. Thank you. We are regular Celebrity cruisers but have our first Reflection upcoming in November. Loved your detail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reflection is a great ship, I am sure you will love it.

I can’t wait to try another Celebrity cruise

Thank you

FANTASTIC review. You’re a great writer, and you helped us know what to expect with our upcoming (return) suite experience with Celebrity. We normally cruise with RCCL. Definitely try the Star Class suites. I suggest the Star/Sky Loft Suite. It’s perfect for a Couple, and the Genie helps create a stress-free cruise. Thanks again.

Thank you for the kind words.

I am trying to convince Scott that his 50th birthday would be a great time to try a genie suite.

Thank you

Terrific review!!! Celebrity is not on our radar yet, but love reading reports such as yours, envisioning future options. Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed report. Love the blend of text with pictures.

Terrific review!!! Celebrity is not on our radar yet, but love reading reports such as yours, envisioning future options. Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed report. Love the blend of text with pictures.

Hi

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it.

I enjoy writing these reviews.

Noreen

Thank you for this review,i so loved it,i'm going to go back and read it again.I loved all the pictures......we are doing a b2b on the Reflection and loved seeing everything,thanks again.

Kimberley

Hey Noreen..

Great report.....We will be on reflection in November on the cruise that does Panama Costa Rica Mexico etc....

I know you didn't eat at luminae much during your cruise but did you have any issues with getting a table or being crowded... reflection has twice as many suites as other soltice ships and I'm curious of your experience.. Thanks Bob

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you for this review,i so loved it,i'm going to go back and read it again.I loved all the pictures......we are doing a b2b on the Reflection and loved seeing everything,thanks again.

Kimberley

Hi

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I enjoy writing them and going back to them later to read and re-read.

I will have to try a b2b one of these days.

Have a great trip

Hey Noreen..

Great report.....We will be on reflection in November on the cruise that does Panama Costa Rica Mexico etc....

I know you didn't eat at luminae much during your cruise but did you have any issues with getting a table or being crowded... reflection has twice as many suites as other soltice ships and I'm curious of your experience.. Thanks Bob

Hi

We didn’t have any problems getting a table.

The concierge set up a dinner reservation for us for the first night that same afternoon.

When we went for lunch the first day we just showed up.

Same for breakfast when we went. We just showed up and it was never a problem being seated.

I don’t remember it ever being overcrowded either.

Have a great trip. That was one of the itineraries I looked at for winter 2020 but we ended up booking Silhouette to give that ship a try.

Thanks for the quick response... Again Loved your trip report.... Also love Disney.. Worked at Epcot for flower and g arden and the food and wine for five years.. use to fly to Florida work a couple months and fly home [emoji3]

Thank you for your report. We have sailed the Reflection through the easters mediterranean sea and loved it. soon we´ll board the Eclipse for a circle aroung great britain. Looking forward to this cruise, too. Your suite looked great but we just don´t need that much space. The jacuzzi at the balcony was tempting though, especially in warm climate. Thanks again, I had a great time following.:)

Thanks for the quick response... Again Loved your trip report.... Also love Disney.. Worked at Epcot for flower and g arden and the food and wine for five years.. use to fly to Florida work a couple months and fly home [emoji3]

Thank you

That sounds like a great way to work at Disney, for a few months, then back home.

We sometimes say when we retire we would do something like that, spend the winter in Florida and work part time at Disney.

Did you find it ruined the magic for you working there? That’s what I would be afraid of.

Noreen

Thank you for your report. We have sailed the Reflection through the easters mediterranean sea and loved it. soon we´ll board the Eclipse for a circle aroung great britain. Looking forward to this cruise, too. Your suite looked great but we just don´t need that much space. The jacuzzi at the balcony was tempting though, especially in warm climate. Thanks again, I had a great time following.:)

Hi

Glad you enjoyed the report.

Have a great time on Eclipse

Noreen

That's how we got there...I retired and we were at an RV show...Disney was recruiting..hired us on the spot and asked when we could be in Florida..hopped in the motorhome and away we went.....Loved working there... No magic ruining for me [emoji3]..Ended up buying rv lot near Disney and wintered there for 3 years before I sold it and flew back for a couple years....miss it...in fact planning on spending a few days in the parks before cruise

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

That's how we got there...I retired and we were at an RV show...Disney was recruiting..hired us on the spot and asked when we could be in Florida..hopped in the motorhome and away we went.....Loved working there... No magic ruining for me [emoji3]..Ended up buying rv lot near Disney and wintered there for 3 years before I sold it and flew back for a couple years....miss it...in fact planning on spending a few days in the parks before cruise

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I can’t wait to tell my husband that story. When I talk about snowbirding and working at Disney when we retire, I don’t think he believes it’s something we can actually do. He also tells me it could ruin the magic for me.

You are proof that you can work there like that, not ruin the magic, and still enjoy Disney

Thank you for sharing

Noreen

Thank you, Noreen, for the awesome review! My family and I (two adults and three children) will be on the Silhouette for their 12-night holiday cruise at the end of this year. I was super-excited when we booked this trip earlier this year, but since then, work and school and other things in life took over so I kind of forgot about it, but now we have @ 165 days left before our cruise so I really have to start planning. And I was wondering how I could get back into the spirit / excitement of planning for this trip when I stumbled across your review. It was just what I needed! Thanks for the fun insight and great pictures - I so appreciate the time / effort you took to share everything with us.

We, too, are Disney fanatics. Well, my three girls and I are. My husband - not so much. ;) We have not been in a while - last trip was two years ago when I took my three daughters to celebrate my youngest turning 5. We stayed in a concierge room at Beach Club Resort; it was our first time staying in the Epcot area (we had done AKL and GF in the past) but we all loved it. So nice to walk straight into Epcot and also wander back slowly at night from Hollywood Studios. I will look for your reviews as well on disboards. :)

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us. Hope to read more about your travels very soon!

Thank you, Noreen, for the awesome review! My family and I (two adults and three children) will be on the Silhouette for their 12-night holiday cruise at the end of this year. I was super-excited when we booked this trip earlier this year, but since then, work and school and other things in life took over so I kind of forgot about it, but now we have @ 165 days left before our cruise so I really have to start planning. And I was wondering how I could get back into the spirit / excitement of planning for this trip when I stumbled across your review. It was just what I needed! Thanks for the fun insight and great pictures - I so appreciate the time / effort you took to share everything with us.

We, too, are Disney fanatics. Well, my three girls and I are. My husband - not so much. ;) We have not been in a while - last trip was two years ago when I took my three daughters to celebrate my youngest turning 5. We stayed in a concierge room at Beach Club Resort; it was our first time staying in the Epcot area (we had done AKL and GF in the past) but we all loved it. So nice to walk straight into Epcot and also wander back slowly at night from Hollywood Studios. I will look for your reviews as well on disboards. :)

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us. Hope to read more about your travels very soon!

Hi

Thank you. I am glad I can help you get back into the spirit of cruise planning.

What a great way to spend the holidays. Have a wonderful time.

My last Disney trip (fall 2017) is on Mouseplanet if you want some Disney reading.

Noreen

This was such a great read. Thank you for taking the time to share it.

I'll celebrate my 50th on the Silhouette next February, and I hope I have as good a time as you did.

I also am a big WDW geek. I worked there when my kids were little so they grew up with the Mouse, and now Im introducing my granddaughters as well. I probably won't get back there for a big trip until 2020. But I have three cruises booked before then.

Best wishes - I hope our paths cross at some point. You seem like my kind of traveler, easy-going and looking for the humor in things. The Happy Anniversary banners - that is totally something that would happen to me and I would have also taken pictures, LMAO, and had a story to tell.

Michelle

This was such a great read. Thank you for taking the time to share it.

I'll celebrate my 50th on the Silhouette next February, and I hope I have as good a time as you did.

I also am a big WDW geek. I worked there when my kids were little so they grew up with the Mouse, and now Im introducing my granddaughters as well. I probably won't get back there for a big trip until 2020. But I have three cruises booked before then.

Best wishes - I hope our paths cross at some point. You seem like my kind of traveler, easy-going and looking for the humor in things. The Happy Anniversary banners - that is totally something that would happen to me and I would have also taken pictures, LMAO, and had a story to tell.

Michelle

Hi.

Thank you for your kind words.

Happy Early Birthday!!! I’m sure you will have a great time celebrating on Silhouette.

You are the second person on this thread who worked at Disney World. What a small world.

I agree you have to find the humor in things and just enjoy life.

Thank you again

Noreen

Noreen, Celebrity Equinox sails the Caribbean over the summer. But, I highly recommend an Alaska cruise on Millennium with time on land, either on your own or as a cruise tour. Granted there are no beaches and the weather can be iffy but we have done it 3 times. There is even a port that offers snorkeling. Last time in a RS and we sailed the inner passage lounging in our on balcony spa tub. How great is that? Vancouver is also a great place to visit.

Tell Scott he can still take his T-shirts and can also load up on sweat shirts from Alaska. Lived in NJ for a while and it gets as cold as the burgh.

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that I described the lounging in the jacuzzi on the Balcony traveling through glaciers again to Scott and mentioned all the sweatshirts. Plus I was reading an Alaska cruise review where someone did an excursion on one of the boats from Deadliest Catch (Scott watches that show sometimes) and showed him some pictures they posted.

He is now interested in Alaska as a possibility for his 50th Birthday next year.

Now I’m totally confused with the Alaska planning since there are so many options - northbound, southbound, round trip, cruise tour, etc.

He doesn’t want to do a cruise tour since we don’t like organized tours so if we spend any time in Alaska we would tour independently.

I was thinking maybe doing our first B2B going north and south (or south and north). I originally thought it may be fun to go one direction on Royal Caribbean and the other direction on Celebrity, but that doesn’t work when I looked at the dates.

So many choices and I know we need to decide soon or we won’t be able to get the room we want or the excursions we want.

Thank you again for that mental picture that may have been just what helped get him excited for Alaska.

Noreen

I have come to your review late and have spent the evening reading through your wonderful posts. We are looking at this sailing for April 2020 as I will celebrate a special birthday on board (I'll be 65).

We have done Cartagena and Cayman previously but always wanted to do the ABC's.

Looking at a good price on a Sky suite at the moment, we have usually sailed in Concierge, doubt we could push as far as the Royal suite.

Well we booked this sailing while on board our recent Summit Independence Day sailing. We decided to stick with a Concierge cabin as the difference in price to the Suite will go towards business class flights across the pond.

Thank you so much for an amazing review

Edited by bluwes

Well we booked this sailing while on board our recent Summit Independence Day sailing. We decided to stick with a Concierge cabin as the difference in price to the Suite will go towards business class flights across the pond.

Thank you so much for an amazing review

Hi

Glad to hear you are booked. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate a big birthday than on a cruise.

I know it’s still a while away, but it will be here before you know it.

Have a great time. If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer. I know many others have a lot more Celebrity experience than I do, but I am happy to share what I learned after my one Celebrity Cruise. It was a fantastic first time with Celebrity.

Noreen