Staterooms on motor yachts (Shower/Bathtub)

melindda

2 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

We contemplated the same and ended up booking an S1 on the renovated Breeze for April 2020. I was told by the onboard cruise consultant that in addition to the new bathroom mentioned above, the existing cabins would be “freshened” but not fully redone. We too like the chairs by the window and the price of the S1 made it a lot more palatable to pass on the brand new cabin. 

I think that I agree with you.  Did the cruise consultant say anything about the rooms that are marked that the beds cannot be separated.  IE  427, 527 or 623.  Thanks for your help. 

3 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

We contemplated the same and ended up booking an S1 on the renovated Breeze for April 2020. I was told by the onboard cruise consultant that in addition to the new bathroom mentioned above, the existing cabins would be “freshened” but not fully redone. We too like the chairs by the window and the price of the S1 made it a lot more palatable to pass on the brand new cabin. 

We also booked a suite with the seating by the balcony doors for our Alaskan cruise on the Star Breeze in June 2020.  We are not sure about the new arrangement and thought we'd wait and ask passengers how they like it.

When we were on in October, we thought the curtains under the current arrangement (bed by the bath) were not dark enough for us with the morning light; we were able able to help by closing that additional curtain/room divider. The bed by the window/balcony would have been brutal. Who knows, maybe they’ll get better curtains for the bed by the windows/balcony but didn’t want to chance it. 

Like you, we may ask others how they like it and consider booking a new room next time. 

47 minutes ago, aquidneck1 said:

Thanks everyone,  we are looking at 425 or 427.   Any reason that you choose a room further back?

We recently had what is now renumbered as 549 and really liked the central location near the atrium. We have 449 booked next.