What broadway play?

George C

On April 16, 2019 at 9:18 PM, markeb said:

I think I read they set some number of tickets aside for school groups. Very cool. 

The original Hamilton was Lin-Manuel Miranda, the playwright, Pulitzer, Tony, Grammy, and Emmy award winner. (If he can get an Oscar, he’ll one-up the EGOT). Nice guy to have as a classmate!

She went to school with Javier Munoz who played the role of Hamilton from July 2016 to January 2018.

6 hours ago, George C said:

How was your dinner?

It was delicious:classic_biggrin:...….but I ended up eating on the ship as they were having a Greek Menu in the buffet and the Mousakka was fantastic:classic_smile:…...and I walked to the theater! It was about 20 minutes away from the ship...…..from 50th and 12th...….I walked to 45th and 8th...….then I saw ALL the theaters LOL...….and Juniors is right there, along with the Marriott Marquis...….and I will know for next time too (whenever that happens to be):classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

She went to school with Javier Munoz who played the role of Hamilton from July 2016 to January 2018.

In your earlier post (no. 202 above) you said this about your daughter: "She went to high school with the first actor who portrayed Hamilton when the show opened."

To be clear, Javier Muñoz was not "the first actor who portrayed Hamilton when the show opened."  Lin-Manuel Miranda, the creator of Hamilton, was also the first actor to portray him.  Miranda originated the role of Hamilton off-Broadway in early 2015 and then played Hamilton when the show transferred to Broadway later that year.  Muñoz was the alternate Hamilton, and later took over the role when Miranda left the show in 2016.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, I am at sea......that email you have? I have not checked it.......so nope....

Hope you are doing well😃

On 4/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, I am at sea......that email you have? I have not checked it.......so nope....

Hope you are doing well😃

Will try emailing you in a few days if that is still the correct email.

9 hours ago, iheartbda said:

Will try emailing you in a few days if that is still the correct email.

Hi, good morning...…...I emailed you last night:classic_smile:

On 4/18/2019 at 12:13 PM, little britain said:

Looking to buy Come From Away tickets for October.... it is coming up at $150per ticket for the matinee on Sunday!! Is this a normal price or is there a discount site I can use!

We don't pay that much in England for the theatre!!!

I also checked out Hamilton but that was over $350 each!!   I got tickets in London for £75!

No. You should be able to get Come from away tickets discounted. Which dates are you looking for? I’m always getting email offers. Hamilton forget about it. lol 

4 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

No. You should be able to get Come from away tickets discounted. Which dates are you looking for? I’m always getting email offers. Hamilton forget about it. lol 

I was  looking for Sunday Oct 6....?  But I may abandon it and go for lunch upcountry instead! 

Edited by little britain

43 minutes ago, little britain said:

I was  looking for Sunday Oct 6....?  But I may abandon it and go for lunch upcountry instead! 

I checked on the website and they have $99 tickets available for your date. Since you’re not sure you have plenty of time to decide. It’s not a difficult ticket to get 

23 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

In your earlier post (no. 202 above) you said this about your daughter: "She went to high school with the first actor who portrayed Hamilton when the show opened."

To be clear, Javier Muñoz was not "the first actor who portrayed Hamilton when the show opened."  Lin-Manuel Miranda, the creator of Hamilton, was also the first actor to portray him.  Miranda originated the role of Hamilton off-Broadway in early 2015 and then played Hamilton when the show transferred to Broadway later that year.  Muñoz was the alternate Hamilton, and later took over the role when Miranda left the show in 2016.

I erred in the initial post.

9 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

I checked on the website and they have $99 tickets available for your date. Since you’re not sure you have plenty of time to decide. It’s not a difficult ticket to get 

I can see them for $79pp on the website but then they add $30.02pp “service”... which makes it $218.04 for 2!  

By comparison, Going to the theatre here next week, £10pp to see Hugh Bonneville (from Downton Abbey) ...... 

thanks for for your help. 

5 hours ago, George C said:

What website does everybody use to prebuy broadway theater tickets? Normally happy with tkts but wouldn’t mind prebuy it one, thanks

Playbill.com and Theatermania.com both offer discounted tickets and are reputable. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just returned from nyc yesterday went to 4 broadway plays bought tickets to all at half price tkts at Lincoln center , which allows you to buy tonight’s tickets and tomorrow’s maintee tickets , really enjoyed all four, had really good seats for all 4 , row “j” for first 3 and row “g” for last ,  all four have about 7 tony nominations or more ,  first three were musical comedy, preety woman,  prom  and tootsie, hard to figure out which one we liked the best since they were all excellent, last one was Gary, was not sure about this and mixed reviews but we really enjoyed it but may not be for everyone, had great seat row G center orchestra this was in booth theater which has great legroom. We did recommend Prom to some conservative people and they consider it to Gay .  Also saw nightclub show at Feinstein’s 54 below small place that we would highly recommend saw famous star of Saturday night live leaving the place. We had suite at michealanglo which is perfect location for plays. Had some great food at Becco, also had our pizza and pastrami and broke the bank for some appetizers and wine at le Bernardin. Favorite bars were Gallagher’s and upstairs at Sardis . Looking forward to seeing tony awards this weekend . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, George C said:

We did recommend Prom to some conservative people and they consider it too Gay .

Another reason we've given up on "traditional" dining on cruises.  Don't ever want to be seated with those people.

Thanks for the report, George, glad you had such a good time in NY.

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Another reason we've given up on "traditional" dining on cruises.  Don't ever want to be seated with those people.

Thanks for the report, George, glad you had such a good time in NY.

Funny thing is I know they are not anti gay , they have friends that are gay , just super conservative, Prom and the other plays had fantastic casts. 

10 hours ago, George C said:

Funny thing is I know they are not anti gay , they have friends that are gay , just super conservative, Prom and the other plays had fantastic casts. 

You had a wonderful NY vacation.Did you get into your old neighborhood in Brooklyn ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George C said:

broke the bank for some appetizers and wine at le Bernardin.

Was that your first time there, George? I love the place, but I'm sure not everyone does.

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You had a wonderful NY vacation.Did you get into your old neighborhood in Brooklyn ?

We stayed in midtown, friends from Long Island and New Jersey and sister flew in to join us for dinner and drinks. 

58 minutes ago, markeb said:

Was that your first time there, George? I love the place, but I'm sure not everyone does.

Yes first time , we were in lounge had two appetizers each and a bottle of wine bill with tip was over 400 but service and food was excellent. I am sure we will return sooner or later price is only thing from stopping us from visiting every year. Glad we tried it, thanks for recommendation.

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes first time , we were in lounge had two appetizers each and a bottle of wine bill with tip was over 400 but service and food was excellent. I am sure we will return sooner or later price is only thing from stopping us from visiting every year. Glad we tried it, thanks for recommendation.

We never do a bottle just because our tastes differ, and the by-the-glass list is typically French and matches the menu so well. But, yeah, if you dig into Aldo Sohm's wine list, you'll find gems priced accordingly...

Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, the price gets our attention every time as well, but we really don't eat out at home, so Manhattan is a periodic treat that we splurge for.

On June 5, 2019 at 3:42 PM, Got2Cruise said:

I saw Pretty Woman which we thoroughly enjoyed. If you loved the movie you’ll love the show. You can get discounted tix. 

I hated the movie but loved the show. My theater group gets discounted orchestra seats with great seat locations