QE2 e-mail address

PeterB

Astonishingly, neither the Cunard (US) pre-cruise documents nor web site mention how to contact the ship by e-mail. The web site simply mentions that it is possible (with no informatoin on how); the documents include detailed information on phone and fax but don't even mention e-mail.

I was told by a friend that the address is qe2@cruisemail.com but I have no idea if this true. I do plan on receiving e-mail during the crossing and am now wondering what address I should give to those back home!

I guess I will try to call Cunard and ask, but if all else fails will leave qe2@cunard.com - and if that is not correct, I will send out e-mails saying so once on board.

Astonishingly, neither the Cunard (US) pre-cruise documents nor web site mention how to contact the ship by e-mail. The web site simply mentions that it is possible (with no informatoin on how); the documents include detailed information on phone and fax but don't even mention e-mail.

I was told by a friend that the address is qe2@cruisemail.com but I have no idea if this true. I do plan on receiving e-mail during the crossing and am now wondering what address I should give to those back home!

I guess I will try to call Cunard and ask, but if all else fails will leave qe2@cunard.com - and if that is not correct, I will send out e-mails saying so once on board.

I can't speak for QE2, or the ship itself, but our CruiseDocs show our "guest Shipboard E-mail Address as

JSMITHBOOKING01.QM2GUEST@cunardmail.com

With JSmith being first iniital, last name, Booking01 being our booking number with guest 01, 02, etc.

So for instance mine would be

KPARKERCR3G3R01.QM2GUEST@cunardmail.com

At least that's what my docs say!

Karie

The address certainly used to be qe2@cruisemail.com and if you send a test to this address as I have just done the e mail does seem to get sent i.e. no address unknown message. The computer system has been "upgraded" but the address seems to be the same. You were always required to add a cabin number for delivery of the mail in printed form that was delivered to your cabin.

QM2 is radically different and e mail is accessed from your cabin tv. On QE2 there must still be a way of delivering mail to your cabin.

Was this information elsewhere and I missed it??

No - it's nowhere to be found on the Cunard web site nor in the pre-cruise booklet or documents for our cruise (I sail tomorrow - different segment of the same cruise as you).

I meant to phone Cunard today to find out, but didn't have time. I am leaving my regular e-mail address and if QE2 has a different arrangement, I will send an e-mail home saying so.

Archived