Prinsendam Port Everglades Sail-Away May 5, 2018

Boytjie

This is the second to last dam ship departure from Port Everglades for this season. (The Amsterdam ends the season on May 10th)

There are just two ships in Port Everglades today. The Prinsendam at Pier 4. She is scheduled to depart at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT and will head across the Atlantic for the Summer season. Times are subject to change as always. The Prinsendam will be back in Port Everglades on November 9th.

Also in port is Harmony of the Seas at Pier 18.

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

The Prinsendam's 14-Day Azores & Normandy Explorer itinerary:

May 05 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

May 06 At Sea

May 07 At Sea

May 08 Hamilton, Bermuda

May 09 At Sea

May 10 At Sea

May 11 At Sea

May 12 At Sea

May 13 Horta, Azores, Portugal

May 14 Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal

May 15 At Sea

May 16 At Sea

May 17 Brest, France

May 18 Cherbourg (Normandy), France

May 19 Dover (London), England, UK

E8T14S.jpg

Permission to come aboard Sir?

I am here to capture some screen shots and a video for Jacqui just in case the official ones disappear before she gets back.

I've not done a sail away for some time so I'll need to practice how to work the web cams. Hopefully I'll be ready in time for tonight., and things are not delayed past my bed time (GMT here).

Peter,

We have Maasdam on May 7th as she continues north for her Canada/NE US cruises. I don't know if pax will be boarding or not, but she is making a port call. [And I can watch - Seattle that day.]

We on Zaandam passed her near Acapulco last week.

I will not be here for Prinsendam, internet is not viable for live streaming.

I haven't got any maps on the web cams. This might be Googles new policy on embedded maps. I found the Elegant Explorer off Boca Raton (approx - on the cruise village dot com) so she will be coming in soon.

Gee, I thought we were supposed to leave at 5! I'll have to get myself organized sooner.

Thanks, Peter , for the reminder.

I'm not sure how to post from the ship without using up a lot of precious internet time, so I'll probably just be posting on Jacqui's live thread when we are in a port, but I'll be thinking of you alll. I think we are threatened with some "interesting " weather....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JG - it isn't that big - helicopters on board! DH thinks it might be a CAV ship - others who know the naval class of ships would know know for sure. And, BTW - you've remembered well how to post on the sail away thread. Look for us waving at you!

I am well briefed, but the Canadian flags should make it easier. Hope we will get a good zoom, I am a bit worried that the Everglade cam isn't panning, but maybe that is normal.. I am aiming to get some screen shots and a video which Jacqui will pick up in Hamilton.

others who know the naval class of ships would know know for sure.

I'm not that hot on UK warships, let alone USA ones. I found this on Google, which implies it might be USS Kearsarge

JG - it isn't that big - helicopters on board! DH thinks it might be a CAV ship - others who know the naval class of ships would know know for sure. And, BTW - you've remembered well how to post on the sail away thread. Look for us waving at you!

Morning guys! It's the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) which is an amphibious assault ship named for a Union sloop of the US Civil War era. About 1100 crew on her.

Bon Voyage to our friends gigianne, Vict0riann and kazu! Do enjoy your great itinerary. :D

PS -- Sorry JG, didn't see your link there above. Also, don't you see the interactive map below the video? It's there on my page.

It's the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) which is an amphibious assault ship named for a Union sloop of the US Civil War era. About 1100 crew on her.

Hi Rich. Nice to meet you again. It reminds me of 2013 when we did this before, with you all on the P with us due to join in Dover. Carol sends her love. Thanks for the confirmation and the extra info.

:D

don't you see the interactive map below the video? It's there on my page.
No, just a blank area where it used to be. I am using Opera, it might be that, I'll try Firefox and Chrome to see if they are any better. Edited by jgw321
fix quoting

Hi Rich. Nice to meet you again. It reminds me of 2013 when we did this before, with you all on the P with us due to join in Dover. Carol sends her love.

:D

No, just a blank area where it used to be. I am using Opera, it might be that, I'll try Firefox and Chrome to see if they are any better.

I'm using Chrome FWIW. Hi back to Carol. Perhaps one day we'll all be sailing away again together!