pulmantur trip from athens to dubai

tagabukid

On 11/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, Katy Hess said:

We're Katy and Peter from Toronto. Our cabin is 5080. What are yours? Maybe we can meet on day 2. Very exciting!!

Hi Katy and Peter.  Have a great cruise.

Would you kindly post what, if any visas you needed to book in advance of cruise.  We are fellow Torintonians doing this cruise in March.

Also any info on the ships appearance and tips would be greatly appreciated upon your return.

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, Katy Hess said:

We're Katy and Peter from Toronto. Our cabin is 5080. What are yours? Maybe we can meet on day 2. Very exciting!!

HiKaty and Peter, I am Canadian and planning to cruise on Pullmantur Horizon to Egypt, Jordan, Oman and UAE. I understand you did the Middle East cruise with Pullmantur. Can you please let me know how you handled the visa process?

Thank you!

I was on the same cruise.  Totally enjoyed it.  You do not need to get any visas, regardless of what any visa company tells you.  Cruise lines don't want to take any responsibilities for this.  Some people on the cruise went ahead and got visas and ended up wasting a lot of money.  If you have any questions about the cruise, let me know.

• Like 1

Hi newfietravel! Thank you for your answer! I have a few more if you don't mind... 

1- Did you have to pay for some of the visas?

2- Was it long having 5 full days in a row at sea? What did you do?

3- Any excursion you did with Pullmantur that you would recommend?

4- Any must-do around any of the cities of the itinerary?

Thank you very much!

1)  Did not pay for any visa at all.... $0

2) Entertainment is so-so, but I was ok just reading, hanging out, etc.  I met some great people on the cruise and hung out them a lot.  I was ready to get off ship after 5 days, but at the same time, I did enjoy the relaxed, nothing to do, kind of days.

3) As far as the tours go, they are overpriced.  Smart people did their own tours once they got off ship.  Taxi's everywhere offering you better tours at a quarter of the price.  I loved Jordan.  Petra is about the only one I'd do with a tour, and even then I'm not sure.  To get into Petra the cost if I remember correctly, is $70 Cad.  

4)  Overall, every stop had its own look.  I'd recommend seeing them all, but don't do the tours. 

FYI:  if you booked tours in advance, or if some company offered you anything, be skeptical.  Pullmantur ship don't take any responsibility for anything