Ruby Princess interior rooms: queen or twin beds??

SharonandDon

Which configuration would give us more room to move around in an interior room on the Ruby Princess? It looks like twin beds against the walls gives more room to walk than having a single queen bed. What is your opinion?

Twin bed configuration always gives more apparent room in an inside cabin, however assuming Ruby is like Golden and Diamond, the queen bed configuration is fine. These ships have a decent amount of space outside the bathroom, where the wardrobe is, which acts as a dressing area.

Anyway if you choose queen configuration and decide you don't like it, your cabin steward will change it to twin for you.

Which configuration would give us more room to move around in an interior room on the Ruby Princess? It looks like twin beds against the walls gives more room to walk than having a single queen bed. What is your opinion?

Twin beds definitely more room.

Tony

Hopefully you don’t have a quad cabin where even closed upper bunks protrudes from the sidewalls. We made that mistake once and had to have the bed reconfigured to twins to minimize the chances of hitting our heads on the closed upper bunks.

If not then the queen configuration works best for us but that’s our personal preference. The space is the same & they just rearrange the mattresses & nightstands depending upon the configuration

Hopefully you don’t have a quad cabin where even closed upper bunks protrudes from the sidewalls. We made that mistake once and had to have the bed reconfigured to twins to minimize the chances of hitting our heads on the closed upper bunks.

If not then the queen configuration works best for us but that’s our personal preference. The space is the same & they just rearrange the mattresses & nightstands depending upon the configuration

Always check by selecting 4 people in the selection area. If the cabin shows as available then don't book it. I really have zero interest in that type of cabin but could have easily made that mistake if not for having learned about checking here on CC. It's such a simple thing but, if one has never considered the issue, it's so very easy not to know and to make that error.

Always check by selecting 4 people in the selection area. If the cabin shows as available then don't book it. I really have zero interest in that type of cabin but could have easily made that mistake if not for having learned about checking here on CC. It's such a simple thing but, if one has never considered the issue, it's so very easy not to know and to make that error.

That’s the procedure we always use now to learn about which are quad cabins to avoid them. Not knowing the OP’s cabin configuration that’s why I asked about it in case they were unaware of these issues.

Our only time was getting a free upgrade from interior to obstructed oceanview on a 31-day cruise around South America & mistakenly figuring a quad couldn’t be too bad...a mistake we’ll never again repeat.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It is also very useful to check any cabin on the deck plans to see if it has an adjoining cabin. Many have reported excessive noise issues with cabins that have connecting doors. The only way I know of to check on that is to click on the cabin in the deck plans and see if it lists a connecting door.

Note: If there is another way to check on this feature I would love for someone to correct me. I find that any day where I learn something new (even if it makes me look like a total dork) is a good day. Remember that being "ignorant" of something just means you didn't know. It has nothing to be with being stupid. ;p I am ignorant about almost everything. There are only a few things that I "know" and I am sometimes mistaken about those things.

You get a ton more room with the twin bed configuration. And you even have room to put the little round table at the foot of the bed opposite that's opposite the cabin door.

That's the same type of cabin we ended up with on the Ruby. It was a "come back" offer & we took the inside. Didn't even think about the possibility of it being configured for 4. The space to get into the queen bed was horrible (with the upper bed sticking out). 2nd day we told our cabin steward that we wanted the twin bed configuration instead. He got a little snippy with me & said "but you requested the queen" -- my response was "and now we don't want that." He was mostly a jerk about everything anyway. Thankfully it was just a 4-night cruise! :cool:

That's the same type of cabin we ended up with on the Ruby. It was a "come back" offer & we took the inside. Didn't even think about the possibility of it being configured for 4. The space to get into the queen bed was horrible (with the upper bed sticking out). 2nd day we told our cabin steward that we wanted the twin bed configuration instead. He got a little snippy with me & said "but you requested the queen" -- my response was "and now we don't want that." He was mostly a jerk about everything anyway. Thankfully it was just a 4-night cruise! :cool:

We did the same thing to avoid knocking ourselves out getting out of the queen bed configuration or we would have needed helmets. ;)

Fortunately our cabin steward was very accommodating & even folded a pillowtop mattress pad in half to provide our necessary support on poor mattresses. Those are designed for queen configuration but he happily folded them in half while rearranging our bed into the twin bed configuration.

Twin bed gives an aisle between the beds. This reduces the amount of space in the rest of the room

I don't see how having twin beds reduces the amount of space in the rest of the room. :) If you have the beds as twins, you will have a strip of usable space between the beds, approx 5 feet wide. If the beds are made up as a queen, this space is on the sides of the beds and is virtually unusable except to get into bed.

Last week on Emerald, requested twins in balcony as we would sleep better on 12 day cruise. DH hated being up against the wall. Offered to switch but no.

Asked cabin steward next day to push beds together but keep the twin sheets configuration. Little more work for him but he was happy to do it. Tipped him 5 just that day.

Worked well.